Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 109
RAINY DAY HOT DOG
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 12:41 PM
Anybody doing fresh squeezed lemonade?  Do you use a lemonade mix with lemons floating on top or just lemonade, water and sugar.  Any recipes that work beter than others?

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 1:03 PM
The most popular version around here (though it takes a little more time) is the freshly-made Lemon Shake-Up:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5026781_make-lemon-shake-up.html

olddude2
  • Total Posts : 716
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 3:04 PM
OK sinse the secret is out here are lemonaid shake ups for your cart, a clear plastic 3 gal clear drink container about 20 bucks, has a pedistal a lid and a spigot, add 5 lbs sugar fill with hot water and stir to desolve the sugar. fill 20 oz  cup with crushed Ice. add juice of 1/2 lemon, fill with sugar water and cover and shake. Its ice cold and the greatest lemonaid you ever tasted, sell for $2.50 easy, costs .35 ,they will come back day after day after day.
<message edited by olddude2 on Mon, 04/26/10 3:07 PM>

FriedTater
  • Total Posts : 414
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 9:09 PM
Lemonade shake-ups are no secret. Been around for ages. I do them every now and then. I sell 32 oz. fresh squeezed lemonade for 4 bucks, at motorcycle rallies I command 5 bucks for country time.

olddude2
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 9:18 PM
it was a joke  like grilled angel food cake being a secret.  but I sure there are some carters out there who don.t know how to make a 3 gal batch of shake ups.

quickdog
  • Total Posts : 500
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 9:27 PM
olddude2

it was a joke  like grilled angel food cake being a secret.  but I sure there are some carters out there who don.t know how to make a 3 gal batch of shake ups.

I appreciate the recipe, and I am one of those carters lol. I need to start making those around my neck of the woods. I do a lot of events in the hot sun, and I never tried selling shake ups.  I have to start selling the jumbo pickles as well.

Philly Hu
  • Total Posts : 183
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 11:54 PM
Thanks 6star and olddude for the recipes and thank you Rainy for asking - I was debating wither to do lemonade or not on my cart.
There is a HotDog cart (more like permanent stand) at Portland's pioneer square that does fresh lemonade and they do a lot of business. But I like this idea better.
Like Olddude was saying you can easily charge more because the customer can see that you are putting out more effort with all the squeezing and shaking.

I used to be a bartender in another life and I am thinking about using a very large cocktail shaker to put everything in. Shake it and then pour it all into a cup. Add a lid and straw.
It would be mostly for show but do you think that it would work or should it be made in the cup?
<message edited by Philly Hu on Tue, 04/27/10 12:01 AM>

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 04/26/10 11:59 PM
Fried - I am one of those that has never heard of this (not to mention had one) so either my head was stuck in something all these years or there not on the West coast?  
<message edited by Philly Hu on Tue, 04/27/10 12:00 AM>

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 12:05 AM
Quickdog - when you sell a jumbo pickle how do you give it to your customer?
Obviously you have a tong, but do you wrap it in something or do you hand it to them. What do you do

6star
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 1:10 AM
Philly Hu

Thanks 6star and olddude for the recipes and thank you Rainy for asking - I was debating wither to do lemonade or not on my cart.
There is a HotDog cart (more like permanent stand) at Portland's pioneer square that does fresh lemonade and they do a lot of business. But I like this idea better.
Like Olddude was saying you can easily charge more because the customer can see that you are putting out more effort with all the squeezing and shaking.

I used to be a bartender in another life and I am thinking about using a very large cocktail shaker to put everything in. Shake it and then pour it all into a cup. Add a lid and straw.
It would be mostly for show but do you think that it would work or should it be made in the cup?

Here is our own 2009 Roadfood thread on lemonade vs. lemon shake ups:
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/m487969-print.aspx
If you scroll to about halfway down, you will find my (best as I could remember) detailed directions on how "Bill's World Famous Lemonade" made them at our Heart of Illinois Fair for about 60 years.  They were so popular that there were many people (including myself) that would go out to the Fair numerous times during its run each year just to get the shake ups.

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 1:44 AM
Thanks 6star - I read the thread and I am in love with your recipe. 
The pestle takes care of the squeezing - genius and I can still use my cocktail shakers (instead of the clear plastic cups) - Having four ready to go is great too.

Now what about ice - it was briefly discussed in that thread but was not really answered.
Would you dedicate a cooler full of ice just for the shake-ups or what?

It might even go a little faster if I took olddude's suggestion and make up a large batch of sugar water.   I want to make some right now but it is a little late and I don't have any lemons!!! It will have to wait till tomorrow
(wow I am a Cheeseburger now - I feel so warm inside)
<message edited by Philly Hu on Tue, 04/27/10 1:45 AM>

quickdog
  • Total Posts : 500
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 3:21 AM
Philly Hu

Obviously you have a tong, but do you wrap it in something or do you hand it to them. What do you do

I wish I could give you advise, but I have never sold them. I will be selling them for the first time at my next event. The lady in charge of the event said they were pretty popular last year. I am thinking maybe some wax paper, but i have to do some research.

I love this thread. It has opened my eyes to Lemon Shake ups. I have heard about them in the past,  but never really took them into consideration. This will be fun!  I have a tree full of lemons, and the only time I use them is when I crack open a Corona, or make Eggs Benedict lol.     Thanks Road fooders!

Just found a decal as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lemon...mp;hash=item5639f79011
<message edited by quickdog on Tue, 04/27/10 3:25 AM>

BillyB
  • Total Posts : 2851
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 8:14 AM
Nice to see what you would think to be a natural lemon drink, with 1/2 cup of sugar in every serving. Nothing like offering a good healthy product, no wonder the kids are running around the fairs like a bunch of nuts.......Billyb ..............P.S looks like if you make this to order, you could squeeze one whole lemon in a cup, add ice, and fill with simple syrup, and your down the road. I would garnish the top with a lemon slice.........
<message edited by BillyB on Tue, 04/27/10 8:39 AM>

stubby77
  • Total Posts : 491
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 8:51 AM
quickdog

Just found a decal as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lemon...mp;hash=item5639f79011

For anyone looking for decals, the vendor that Quickdog found is Harbour Graphics. They are the ones I bought the decals for my trailer from, and the service and quality was exception. I highly recommend them.

Gene's Dogs
  • Total Posts : 719
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 9:21 AM
what a great idea.  i hadn't really thought that i could afford to do cup drinks, but you have me checking.  i found a decent squeezer for around $100.  i watched a guy all last year with a lemon juicer and a plastic drink dispenser full of sugar water charge $5-8 for a lemonade.  people bought it.  another guy served "cherry limeade" for about the same price.  his was nothing more than sno cone syrup concentrate, some water and a piece of lime in the glass with ice.  the profit was amazing.

thanks!

olddude2
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 9:31 AM
we all have our own way of doing things, that's why we are called INDEPENDENT food carts,  But here was our method of shake ups.  We still have the lemonade, trailer. we did the state fair circuit with it until every one in the show had shake ups too.

We crushed the ice and kept it in one of those construction site, round orange, coolers, the largest one, available 10 gal I think. we had 3 3gal. drink dispenser filled. with the sugar water, BB there may be a more healthy way to make it, but I'm of the school, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  We used the coctail shakers, A big part of shake ups is the show just like dogs.  we had an electric juicer the old fashioned type  but non elect will work just fine.
Put the crushed ice in first, pour the lemon juice in next, fill with s/water and shake it up, pour and serve, they love the show.  They will be back.

as far as the grilled A/food cake it is also heaven, you tale a slice of cake put it on the grill just enough to stripe it it creates kind of a surgery crunchy coating, but the killer is the special chocolate sauce you pour over it. I will dig out that recipe and post it, when I find it.  

either of these items can be a stand alone, and will hold their own with dogs or any other food item once people find you,  Served together they will either kill you or cure you lol. 

6star
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 11:26 AM
Philly Hu

The jumbo pickles I have seen at stands have always been offered in one of those waxed paper square sheets.

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 9:41 PM
Looks like I'll be selling pickles too...thanks guys. Please keep the ideas a coming

franksrocks
  • Total Posts : 255
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 10:17 PM
Pickles suck.  I can only sell two or three a week.  Not sure why, but they just don't sell...and I sell huge dill pickles for $1.

But I can sell Pickle Pops for $2 and people buy them up....and all they are is frozen pickle juice.

6star
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Tue, 04/27/10 11:24 PM
franksrocks

Pickles suck.  I can only sell two or three a week.  Not sure why, but they just don't sell...and I sell huge dill pickles for $1.

But I can sell Pickle Pops for $2 and people buy them up....and all they are is frozen pickle juice.

If you ever figure out how to predict customer likes and dislikes correctly, you will automatically become a multimillionaire.

franksrocks
  • Total Posts : 255
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Wed, 04/28/10 2:35 PM
6star

franksrocks

If you ever figure out how to predict customer likes and dislikes correctly, you will automatically become a multimillionaire.

I know.  That would be wonderful!

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Wed, 04/28/10 4:00 PM
olddude2

OK sinse the secret is out here are lemonaid shake ups for your cart, a clear plastic 3 gal clear drink container about 20 bucks, has a pedistal a lid and a spigot, add 5 lbs sugar fill with hot water and stir to desolve the sugar. fill 20 oz  cup with crushed Ice. add juice of 1/2 lemon, fill with sugar water and cover and shake. Its ice cold and the greatest lemonaid you ever tasted, sell for $2.50 easy, costs .35 ,they will come back day after day after day.

Olddude2 has got the right formula for a good glass of lemonade.  I used to do it in a bar with a lemon, simple syrup and water (bar simple syrup is stronger than olddude2's sugar water).  Shake it up with whatever ice is on hand until it's nice and cold.

waydeg
  • Total Posts : 444
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Wed, 04/28/10 6:44 PM
franksrocks

Push a peppermint stick down the middle and see if that makes it more interesting for the customer. Sounds weird but is very good. My 14 year old daughter LOVES them. The combo of sweet and sour is unique. A good quality real sugar peppermint stick from Cracker Barrel does the trick. Give that a try.

chefbuba
  • Total Posts : 1951
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Wed, 04/28/10 11:35 PM
I bought a case of lemons today ...$35  95ct  Been playing around tonight,,,6 oz juice  (3 lemons), 4 oz simple syrup, 16 oz water, ice in a 32 oz cup.   Cost .31 per serving. Sell $2.00

I just got a gig on Saturday's for the next 3 months, at a big ranch here, pro-am team steer roping with approx 200 people each weekend.
Hopefully those cowboys like lemonade!

Lemon  .12
Sugar   .05
Cup      .08
Lid        .05
Straw   .01

KonaErnie
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 12:03 AM
Chefbuba....You may want to take a look at your costs again.

$35.00/ 95 ct. works out to almost 37 cents per lemon x 3 lemons per cup = $1.11

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 12:57 AM
Nice catch Ernie....Damn calculator!... Time to bust out the muddler and see if I can get anymore "lemon" out of a lemon...cut back to 2

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 1:32 AM
Chefbuba - if you look at the old thread 6star posted and read "Bill's" recipe, he only used a half of lemon in each cup.

I have been experimenting too and they taste great with just four slices of lemon. Obviously it is the amount of sugar that
makes these lemon shake-ups taste so good - the lemon slices are just to give it that lemon taste.
Your cost would go down greatly and I am thinking of selling them in the $3 or $4 range just because it is so labour intensive.
Also the customer gets to see a little show if you do it right...

my .01 cents,
Philly
<message edited by Philly Hu on Thu, 04/29/10 1:35 AM>

AZdog
  • Total Posts : 202
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 3:47 AM
Are you buying crushed ice, or are you doing it  yourself? 

What are the recommendations for machinery to crush the ice?

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 9:50 AM
Philly, what size cup are you using?.. I'm using a 32oz cup... I'll play around with the muddled lemon today, see what happens.

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 9:52 AM
AZdog

Are you buying crushed ice, or are you doing it  yourself? 

What are the recommendations for machinery to crush the ice?

I have access to an ice machine at my location...standard bar type ice.

Pellet type ice would be real nice...you would need your own machine for that.
<message edited by chefbuba on Thu, 04/29/10 9:54 AM>

BillyB
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 10:20 AM
Hey Bubba, FSA price list for lemons
90ct .27ea
115 ct .25 ea
140 ct  .22 ea

I Think the whole point is the sweet and tart taste. I would squeeze the two lemon halves, and drop them into the cup, proves its fresh. Sonic does this with their fresh squeezed drinks............Good luck buddy................Billyb..........P.S charge $3.00 so you have money to buy some beer at the end of the day, your squeezing arm may hurt.

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 11:05 AM
Bill... Your prices are much better tham mine.... I buy so little form fsa/us food that I get the chump prices....I'm also going to check into the cost of fresh squeezed lemon juice from them and produce guy.

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 12:07 PM
Chefbuba - Right now I am playing around with some glasses I have in my kitchen. I am using a large cocktail shaker to mix everything in. I think it is a 16oz shaker. In the final product I think 22oz cup is what I will be shooting for.
32 oz seems like a lot considering all of my other drinks are just your standard cans and water bottles.

I am using crushed ice I bought from the store, which I had to crush up some more because I thought the chunks
were too big to begin with. 

Still experimenting - I'll let you know more when I know more...

olddude2
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 1:12 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.  That said we all like to tinker.

remember besides the taste it is the flash (show).

1/2 lemon
they sell regular shake up cups, I think their 20 0z.

fill to the top with crushed ice, (crushed works best) right out of the bag. not litteraly but that type. filling to the top with the ice first is the key to your profit.

add lemon juice

fill with sugar water.

shake it up in a shaker and pour into serving cup.

you are using about 4 oz of actual mix just as in a fountain drink.  some of the ice will melt in the process to actually give more drink then in a soda.

1/2 lemon 19 cents, they will get up to 25 cents by
summer.

syrup .05

ice .05

cup .10

lid .05

straw o1

cost .35

sell $2.50 all day long

profit $2.15 each

the heavier the ice the more syrup you will use, but too fine and now you have a slushie, a completely different product that doesn't necessarily appeal to adults.

I can make one as fast as a hot dog but im not fast lol
<message edited by olddude2 on Thu, 04/29/10 1:19 PM>

Curbside Grill
  • Total Posts : 3916
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 2:20 PM
For juice has anybody sliced lemons in half, throw into food processor, pulse till you want to stop. Then strain the juice, pulp and skin. The oils from the skins really intensifies the flavor. We do this in the summer.

6star
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 4:12 PM
Curbside Grill

For juice has anybody sliced lemons in half, throw into food processor, pulse till you want to stop. Then strain the juice, pulp and skin. The oils from the skins really intensifies the flavor. We do this in the summer.

This is why Bill's Lemonade "stomped" the lemon pieces with the pestle!

paceflchick
  • Total Posts : 198
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 4:48 PM
Did an event ovet the weekend..

Sign at the vendor next to me stated..' Fresh squeezed lemonaid '       right out of the country time can....not a real lemon in site....

BillyB
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 6:03 PM
Hey Bubba, 4-1 gal Real lemon juice Ruby brand........27.97 per case
If you ever need prices, I have the FSA guide on my computer.....Take care................Billyb

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 6:30 PM
BillyB

Hey Bubba, 4-1 gal Real lemon juice Ruby brand........27.97 per case
If you ever need prices, I have the FSA guide on my computer.....Take care................Billyb

Real lemon as in Fresh Squeezed, Refrigerated?  If so, not bad.. I figured theres approx
1 1/2  gal juice in a case...
<message edited by chefbuba on Thu, 04/29/10 6:33 PM>

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 6:42 PM
Curbside Grill

I played around with this a bit at work today... made a batch of simple syrup, juiced 8 lemons, ground the rinds in processor, added this to the hot syrup,,,let sit for an hour, strained through a china cap, smashed the mash until no more liquid, added juice.... Very intense lemon flavor. Diluted down to 1 1/2 gal ready to use lemonade... use approx 16-18 oz for a 32 oz cup. 

Gave out a bunch of samples,, everyone liked and said they would have no problem paying $3 for it.

lornaschinske
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 8:18 PM
If you guys are going to put a whole lemon in a cup, please clean them first to remove the dirt and wax. There is nothing worse than a drink with a dirty lemon in it. 

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 9:11 PM
Yes Mother

Curbside Grill
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 9:19 PM
chefbuba

Yes Mother

LOL

Curbside Grill
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Thu, 04/29/10 9:38 PM
chefbuba

Curbside Grill

I played around with this a bit at work today... made a batch of simple syrup, juiced 8 lemons, ground the rinds in processor, added this to the hot syrup,,,let sit for an hour, strained through a china cap, smashed the mash until no more liquid, added juice.... Very intense lemon flavor. Diluted down to 1 1/2 gal ready to use lemonade... use approx 16-18 oz for a 32 oz cup. 

Gave out a bunch of samples,, everyone liked and said they would have no problem paying $3 for it.

I use the food processor, totally here. At my age to go to wallyworld and having to buy elbow grease for these joints. Let the modern marvels work for me. Then when my brother-in law says stop, he brought the lemons fom FL. ,so I have to pay attention. strain, mix to approx. gal. Then we add the adult juice.
then after a couple batchs we wash the lemons.

<message edited by Curbside Grill on Thu, 04/29/10 9:41 PM>

parkave1
  • Total Posts : 61
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Fri, 04/30/10 12:27 AM
I am very new, but from what I have read, here seems to be my take on it.  Unless doing an event of some sort, I would most likely stick to lemondade- made in advance.  Go ahead and hype how you made it...float some lemons in it and serve it up...I can see it woud be a big seller.  You need to move people through ultimately.  Personally though, as great as lemon shake ups are, there is a certain nostalgia that both lemonade and hot dogs share and it would seem the most natural choice to offer together vs. a shake up. 

One guy said it right...you would then be operating a lemonade stand.

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Fri, 05/7/10 2:24 PM
Reporting back from my laboratory  and I deem the experiment a success.
I am sold on Lemon shake-ups over lemonade with a premise. If I were doing an event where
serving speed was an issue then I would separate the hot dog cart from the making/serving of the shake-ups, a separate crew - one or two people minimum. To do real numbers I could see six people working it.

I followed 6star - "Bill's" recipe to the letter and they came out tasting great. Lorna - I even cleaned the lemons before putting them into the shaker. Half a lemon for each was just right - on some I couldn't cut them into four slices but it didn't seem to matter. The cutting, smashing and shaking process took less than a two minutes. It didn't take a longer than it would to make most cocktails - so I look at this way people will wait if they want one.
Volume is hard to do as a single dogger and it also really depends on your cart, but I think supplementing it with a few shake-ups should work well.

I even did taste tests - my three year old twins wont leave me alone. They are walking around here saying "shake-up, shake-up" I had to cut them off - It must be the sugar. One more factor is they also really enjoyed the show Dad was giving them - I love using cocktail mixers, they make you look so important. Taste + show = more money (hopefully).

Anyone can open a lemonade stand - you are competing with the little kid down the street but with a little flair I think shake-ups would make anyone stand out and hopefully word of mouth and all that means more customers.
I will let you know how it goes in the field...

Philly - "We've got a lemon factory and we're turning out 80-85 percent lemons." 

<message edited by Philly Hu on Fri, 05/7/10 2:26 PM>

olddude2
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Fri, 05/7/10 3:59 PM
shake ups with fresh lemons in florida ?   hmmm not so fast.  the DBPR has different rules on my cart weather it is a temp permit or an annual permit.. the FLHD says I can't have bologna because I would have to slice it ? no cheese cause its dangerous, and guess what the Ag  dept has a problem with me slicing lemons .  lol  Kool aid and potato chips any one, pre packaged of course ?
<message edited by olddude2 on Fri, 05/7/10 4:01 PM>

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 12:26 AM
Hey olddude2,
So you couldn't even make fresh lemonade with the traditional floating lemon slices? All those poor kids on the corners shut down by the HD - terrible...

I am pretty sure that here it is not a problem because like I was saying before there are already carts out there selling "fresh" lemonade. I can kind of understand the "no" cheese and meat thing but slicing fresh fruit - what is the problem?

Olddude you don't slice anything on your cart - no tomatoes or onions, etc. What if you decided to slice a hot dog, would you be shut down.
Florida doesn't sound very friendly...

olddude2
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 9:18 AM
because I'm an active advocate of more freedom on food carts here in Florida,  and around the U,S. I get a little extra "help and guidance" from the FLHD, the AG Dept. and the DBPR.  Considering legal definitions, and descriptions, the rules here are very vague, but the back up for them is "its a hot dog cart, sell hot dogs nothing else..  Many years ago fruit peddlers would go door to door selling fresh fruit.  They were treated like gypsies.  they all cried Knives in the pockets of their pants, pocket knives, actually called fruit knives, and would slice off a slice of Peach to let you tast.it trying to get you to buy some.

Obviously this wsn't a very sanitary situation, the HD couldn't do any thing about it because it came under the jurisdiction of the Ag department, so the Ag dept. came up with a regulation banning the slicing of fruit with out the proper equipment,  the intent was to stop the "fruit peddlers" from doing it but the actual effect is yes it is illegal to slice fruit served to the public in Florida with out the proper equipment,  i.e. a commissary or restaurant.  including veggies   These are just some of  many laws on the books, that are seldom used and they pull them out only in certain circumstances when they want to "help and guide" you. 

PS Park my "lemonade stand" would sell from 7000 to 12000 shake ups at each state fair every year till every one started doing it.  I still have it in my front yard. lol

BillyB
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 10:06 AM
Who says the lemons have to be sliced on the cart, if you are chopping onions, your good to go on lemons. Philly, I don't think Oregon will say anything about it............Bill

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 1:31 PM
Thanks BillyB - Yeah I wasn't worried about it here - Our HD is pretty friendly and reasonable. If any of you pay attention to Oregon or Portland we have a very vibrant cart industry and you can pretty much do anything with in reason. Fusion and new cuisine is all the rage and if you couldn't cut anything on site it would put a big wrench in the works.

Olddude2 - I do not envy you - it is hard enough to try to make a living without the big eye focused on you.
I got into a big discussion about freedom here in America the other day, which I don't really want to start here, but in purely a business stand point we have regulated, created law after law and taxed ourselves to near death. All the freedom is for the people who can afford it still. It looks like some states are rougher than others nevertheless good luck to you and stay low.

BillyB
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 2:23 PM
Philly Hu

Thanks BillyB - Yeah I wasn't worried about it here - Our HD is pretty friendly and reasonable. If any of you pay attention to Oregon or Portland we have a very vibrant cart industry and you can pretty much do anything with in reason. Fusion and new cuisine is all the rage and if you couldn't cut anything on site it would put a big wrench in the works.

Olddude2 - I do not envy you - it is hard enough to try to make a living without the big eye focused on you.
I got into a big discussion about freedom here in America the other day, which I don't really want to start here, but in purely a business stand point we have regulated, created law after law and taxed ourselves to near death. All the freedom is for the people who can afford it still. It looks like some states are rougher than others nevertheless good luck to you and stay low.

Philly, Portland may be the most Food Cart/trailer friendly city in the USA. I had the hD down to our place on Thursday, They are great to work with. We got 100% and nothing but thanks you's from them for running a quality operation. I asked the HD a few months ago about food carts, and restrictions. Their answer to me was, we would have any problem with you doing anything. IMHO proven performance and food knowledge goes a long way with the HD having
full confidence in running and maintaining a good quality food cart operation.............Bill

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 10:14 PM
BillyB - are you in Portland?

chefbuba
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sat, 05/8/10 11:11 PM
Billy's over on the East side of the state....

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sun, 05/9/10 12:15 AM
Well go NorthWest

Capt'n Mike
  • Total Posts : 76
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sun, 05/9/10 11:21 AM
This is the lemonaid I make at home....http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/05/30/limonada-lemonade-or-limeade/....Easy and the best I ever had....I add a 1/4 of an orange to this recipe....

6star
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sun, 05/9/10 12:17 PM
Capt'n Mike

This is the lemonaid I make at home....http://laylita.com/recipe...a-lemonade-or-limeade/....Easy and the best I ever had....I add a 1/4 of an orange to this recipe....

Capt'n Mike, I "cleaned up" your URL so people could click on it to go to the website.

<message edited by 6star on Sun, 05/9/10 12:18 PM>

Curbside Grill
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sun, 05/9/10 3:08 PM
6star

Capt'n Mike

This is the lemonaid I make at home....http://laylita.com/recipe...a-lemonade-or-limeade/....Easy and the best I ever had....I add a 1/4 of an orange to this recipe....

Capt'n Mike, I "cleaned up" your URL so people could click on it to go to the website.

THX for the link. Going to try that Watermellon Mimosa.

Philly Hu
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Sun, 05/9/10 3:22 PM
Hey I was at my local farmer's market, which has basically turned into one big food court. There had to have been a least three hot dog stands that I saw, but what I also saw were three stands doing Squeezed juices - all kinds of fruit.
No shake-ups just juice squeezers. They were busy...
So I went home and went back to the drawing board so to speak. I used the same shake-up recipe and substituted a half an orange. I then did half an orange with one big strawberry. I also did a half of lemon and a strawberry. All turned out pretty tasty. The orange was a little pulpy but drinkable - I don't really like pulp but even I didn't mind it too much.
Both times using the strawberry tasted great and looked good in the glass.

Fruit Shake-ups are very doable...

Capt'n Mike
  • Total Posts : 76
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - Mon, 05/10/10 7:04 AM
6star

Capt'n Mike

Thanks, 6star....

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 109