Philly Cheesesteak

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 241 to 258 of 258
TrentonDog
  • Total Posts : 736
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 2:06 PM
bill voss

acer2x

How about a cheesesteak using organic beef,Colby cheese, sweet onions,peppers, and,of course, Sarcone's rolls?

http://www.philly.com/philly/restaurants/101996763.html

The West Coast just got a lot closer to Trenton

Notice that this faux filly sandwich is being sold at one of the few places in Philly where they could get away with it, and probably sell a few too. It's at the Franklin institute museum. Perfect audience for a wussified cheese steak. John Kerry could probably get his Swiss cheese at this posers' "bistro".

1bbqboy
  • Total Posts : 4542
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 5:15 PM
so better ingredients=pussyfied.
Got it.
You are arguing for local rigid dogma, but arguing against local ingredients.
What you seem to be saying is Republican politicians who indulge in cheesesteaks are literally full of whiz.

<message edited by bill voss on Thu, 09/2/10 6:06 PM>

PapaJoe8
  • Total Posts : 5504
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 6:09 PM
Ok, yall gave me an idea;

Kobe Beef Steak (rib eye) Sandwich w/ Truffles and a light dusting of Parmesan Reggiano. Or, Cheez Whiz Italia?
Joe

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 6:15 PM
bill voss

Got it.
What you seem to be saying is Republican politicians who indulge in cheesesteaks are literally full of whiz.

Don't put down cheese wiz like that!!!!!

1bbqboy
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 6:21 PM
PapaJoe8

Ok, yall gave me an idea;

Kobe Beef Steak (rib eye) Sandwich w/ Truffles and a light dusting of Parmesan Reggiano. Or, Cheez Whiz Italia?
Joe

With some BBQ sauce on top, sure....

TrentonDog
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 6:31 PM
bill voss

Got it.

You said it, not me.
And it's not a question of "better" ingredients, but "proper" ingredients. I know this is a tough concept for some people, and I'm trying to work with you here, and I am surprised at the resistance to tradition I am coming up against.

And as far as Republicans being full of Whiz and Democrats being full of Swiss, it isn't about Democrat or Republican - it's about people that are supposed to represent us that have no frickin' idea of the daily grind the average citizen goes through. I am not registered as a Dem or Repub. Has nothing to do with cheesesteaks. Being snobby and ordering Swiss at Pat's and taking "dainty bites" is just plain hilarious, regardless what political party affiliation you may have.

<message edited by TrentonDog on Thu, 09/2/10 7:36 PM>

Greymo
  • Total Posts : 3662
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 6:38 PM
The best cheesesteak that I ever had in my life was one that I had at Paridiso in  Westminster,  MD.  The beef was meduium rare  (very thinly sliced) fillet   with  melted  aged provolone cheese and  grilled sweet onions   on a  terrific roll.    In my  eyes, this  was the  most  proper cheesesteak  that I have ever tasted!

BillyB
  • Total Posts : 2851
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 7:32 PM
bill voss

Got it.

Hey Bill, if Pussyfied = better ingredients then I'm in and so are my 1000 customers. They like the idea of choice and a better way of us doing things for them. I made the Philly Cheese steak with Fresh Mozzarella and it was great, melted nice and the customers loved it. I don't think you could put enough of sauteed onions on the sandwich. Next week I'm thinking of some kind of Southwest version, I think maybe a Verde sauce with a pepper jack cheese.................Take care..............Bill

joerogo
  • Total Posts : 4463
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 7:48 PM
bill voss

Nope.  Just that Herry Kerry didn't know how to take a good whiz

TrentonDog
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 7:48 PM
BillyB

Hey Bill, if Pussyfied = better ingredients then I'm in and so are my 1000 customers.

Once again your choice of words. So what are you calling all of your customers? (and yourself for that matter?)

BillyB
They like the idea of choice and a better way of us doing things for them. 

Choice is now defined as "us doing things for them? Sounds to me like you think you know better than your customer, so you'll only offer what you think they want. (Swiss, mozzarella, pepper jack, verde sauce - rofl)  That may be "choice" in Cuba or Russia, but not here my friend. Doesn't your cafeteria have American or Provolone in the fridge? Even if you're too cheap to buy Cheez Whiz, you can at least offer the two other authentic alternatives. Let's see a picture of your cafeteria menu and the choices.

And I noticed that your "processed Swiss slices" somehow turned into "processed Swiss American". Is that like Italian American or African American? LOL

1bbqboy
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 9:21 PM
TrentonDog

BillyB

Hey Bill, if Pussyfied = better ingredients then I'm in and so are my 1000 customers.

Once again your choice of words. So what are you calling all of your customers? (and yourself for that matter?)

BillyB
They like the idea of choice and a better way of us doing things for them. 

Choice is now defined as "us doing things for them? Sounds to me like you think you know better than your customer, so you'll only offer what you think they want. (Swiss, mozzarella, pepper jack, verde sauce - rofl)  That may be "choice" in Cuba or Russia, but not here my friend. Doesn't your cafeteria have American or Provolone in the fridge? Even if you're too cheap to buy Cheez Whiz, you can at least offer the two other authentic alternatives. Let's see a picture of your cafeteria menu and the choices.

And I noticed that your "processed Swiss slices" somehow turned into "processed Swiss American". Is that like Italian American or African American? LOL

Cuba & Russia?@!? 
Mr. Neidermeier! What are you? Some kind of 
EastCoast Communist?
 YouTube - Otter's Defense - Animal House

<message edited by bill voss on Thu, 09/2/10 10:32 PM>

cementhead
  • Total Posts : 120
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 9:45 PM
Most places around here(50 miles west of Philly) make cheesesteaks with American cheese and,unless you specify otherwise, they put pizza sauce on top.It's what I grew up with and the way I like them.Don't really care if it's not an authentic Philly cheesesteak.I don't think most of these places use the word Philly on the menu though.

1bbqboy
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 10:35 PM
cementhead

Most places around here(50 miles west of Philly) make cheesesteaks with American cheese and,unless you specify otherwise, they put pizza sauce on top.It's what I grew up with and the way I like them.Don't really care if it's not an authentic Philly cheesesteak.I don't think most of these places use the word Philly on the menu though.

oh jeez cementhead, you just gave TD a stroke.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17815
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 11:10 PM
>He said that the places that serve the pizza steaks don't call 'em Philly's. Life is good.  <

No, he did not. He spoke of cheesesteaks, not pizza steaks.

By the way, why would anyone call a cheesesteak a Philly cheesesteak if one is not in Philadelphia? Seems pretty dumb to me.

<message edited by Michael Hoffman on Thu, 09/2/10 11:12 PM>

cementhead
  • Total Posts : 120
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Thu, 09/2/10 11:28 PM
Most just call them cheesesteaks even though they put sauce on.One place has a pizza steak but it has mozzarella and it gets stuck in the oven for a minute or two.

brookquarry
  • Total Posts : 277
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Fri, 09/3/10 6:25 AM
In the Lehigh Valley (40-50 miles north of Philly a "CHEESESTEAK" also gets you what in Philly would be called a pizza steak (ie steak cheese and sauce.) Onions are optional.
In my experience you have to get south of Doylestown/Quakertown in Bucks county before sauce becomes optional and"pizzasteaks" appear on the menu.

CheeseWit
  • Total Posts : 1393
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Fri, 09/3/10 7:20 AM
brookquarry: You are correct sir (in my best Ed McMahon voice). And it's that way through Lancaster and Dauphin Counties and even northern Montgomery County.

TrentonDog
Re:Philly Cheesesteak - Fri, 09/3/10 7:30 AM
Michael Hoffman

By the way, why would anyone call a cheesesteak a Philly cheesesteak if one is not in Philadelphia? Seems pretty dumb to me.

In Philly, they don't call 'em Phillies. But those places outside of Philly that call their cheeseteaks a "Philly" should remain true to the formula. If they go off with their own interpretation, then just drop the Philly name and call it what you want. Go ahead and put on truffle oil or avocado, Swiss, or bleu. Just be truthful and call it a wussteak.

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 241 to 258 of 258