Good cherry pie at Joey's Bakery & Restaurant, Ridgway PA

NascarDad
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points : 0
Good cherry pie at Joey's Bakery & Restaurant, Ridgway PA - Thu, 07/29/10 9:37 AM
Driving up the 219 the other day and found this place a couple of blocks west of there.  I plan to write this place up separately but I did want to mention the pie now. 

Had an absolutely heavenly slice of cherry pie.  Crust was homemade, I think with butter or maybe a butter/lard mixture(?) .  I had the first slice and it fell apart slightly so not picture worthy I am afraid, but still tasted good. Even my wife was impressed. 

Joey's Bakery also has a diner menu including breakfast all day and pizza, as well as other baked goods and donuts. It is located at 204 Main Street in Ridgway PA

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9805
Re:Good cherry pie at Joey's Bakery & Restaurant, Ridgway PA - Thu, 07/29/10 10:02 AM
NascarDad-
Here, that's not all that far from me.  That cherry pie sound wonderful.  Thanks for the tip!

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9575
Re:Good cherry pie at Joey's Bakery & Restaurant, Ridgway PA - Fri, 07/30/10 12:51 AM
Ridgeway is right next door to my hometown, St. Marys, PA. You need to hop over there and have a Straubs Beer from their Eternal Tap to wash down that pie---It's free!
It's one of the oldest family owned, continuously operating Breweries in America! (Since 1872!---138 YEARS!)
www.straubbeer.com
<message edited by Foodbme on Fri, 07/30/10 12:57 AM>