Dale's Donut Factory/St. Joseph, MI closed

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9776
  • Reward points : 0
Dale's Donut Factory/St. Joseph, MI closed - Mon, 08/23/10 3:43 PM
Driving around western Michigan this weekend, I was disappointed to find this

when we pulled up outside Dale's Donut Factory in St. Joseph.  Dale's appeared in the earlier Stern's book, Eat Your Way Across the U.S.A.  I stopped here previously in 2006 and really liked everything that was tried, especially the tiger tails.  Really nice people, too.  The owner chatted with me for a while and even volunteered to take a photo of me in front of the place.  Sorry to see it go.

I did find this article in the local paper about why it closed:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4282364

No comment yet, from wanderingjew.

Mamie
  • Total Posts : 202
Re:Dale's Donut Factory/St. Joseph, MI closed - Tue, 08/24/10 5:00 PM
Krispy Kreme was always big around here.  I can remember selling donuts on Sat mornings when I was in school for $.50/box and it was so cold you could hardly make change.  Now donuts are $.75/pc.   I don't think they sell nearly as many donuts as they did because they are so much higher, but I still treat myself to a lemon filled donut from time to time

ajp1111
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:Dale's Donut Factory/St. Joseph, MI closed - Tue, 08/24/10 5:39 PM
Tragic. I used to have a place in Union Pier and we would run up Red Arrow for a dozen all the time. These were some great donuts.

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7382
Re:Dale's Donut Factory/St. Joseph, MI closed - Fri, 08/27/10 8:42 AM
buffetbuster

Driving around western Michigan this weekend, I was disappointed to find this

when we pulled up outside Dale's Donut Factory in St. Joseph.  Dale's appeared in the earlier Stern's book, Eat Your Way Across the U.S.A.  I stopped here previously in 2006 and really liked everything that was tried, especially the tiger tails.  Really nice people, too.  The owner chatted with me for a while and even volunteered to take a photo of me in front of the place.  Sorry to see it go.

I did find this article in the local paper about why it closed:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4282364

No comment yet, from wanderingjew.

(from the Atomic Coffeehouse computer terminal in Fargo ND)

I told you- I'm on vacation! (although in this particular case it looks like it may be a long vacation....)