Saturday-Only New Mexico Road Trip, September 18

Michael Stern
  • Total Posts : 1020
  • Reward points : 0
Saturday-Only New Mexico Road Trip, September 18 - Thu, 08/26/10 12:52 PM
Good news for anyone who wants to join the Roadfood tour of New Mexico, but can't make it Friday for the trip to Santa Fe and the State Fair. We have been able to reserve some seats on the bus for a one-day-only experience: from Albuquerque, through San Antonio (Green Chile Cheeseburgertown) to New Mexico Univesity's Chile Institute for a visit (and tasting) with Dr. Paul Bosland, the world's foremost chile authority, and then to La Posta in the frontier town of Mesilla for a grand-finale banquet of unique New Mexico food and drinks. Time permitting, we might also be able to stop in Hatch, where I snapped this picture last year:

And if anyone doubts that New Mexico is one of this nation's top spots for Roadfooding, check out Buffetbuster's amazing trip report about his visit there.

For Saturday-only tickets, click on this link.

See you in the Land of Enchantment!

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13386
Re:Saturday-Only New Mexico Road Trip, September 18 - Thu, 08/26/10 1:51 PM
Michael Stern

Good news for anyone who wants to join the Roadfood tour of New Mexico, but can't make it Friday for the trip to Santa Fe and the State Fair. We have been able to reserve some seats on the bus for a one-day-only experience: from Albuquerque, through San Antonio (Green Chile Cheeseburgertown) to New Mexico Univesity's Chile Institute for a visit (and tasting) with Dr. Paul Bosland, the world's foremost chile authority, and then to La Posta in the frontier town of Mesilla for a grand-finale banquet of unique New Mexico food and drinks. Time permitting, we might also be able to stop in Hatch, where I snapped this picture last year:

And if anyone doubts that New Mexico is one of this nation's top spots for Roadfooding, check out Buffetbuster's amazing trip report about his visit there.

For Saturday-only tickets, click on this link.

See you in the Land of Enchantment!

Michael, even though I will not be able to join you, it is good to review your pics of Hatch.  I have visited there during the chile festival as well as Las Cruces, and Santa fe.  I have been there several times during my business travel.

One thing about the area while traveling down interstate is that I did not realize that NM was the chief grower of pecans in the USA.  I thought perhaps GA or FL might lead the pack.  Amazing what the fertile Rio Grande supplies to the sands of NM.

The red and green chiles of the area are fascinating.  Blue Max who is a poster on this forum supplied me that name of a small place on the outskirts of Las Cruces.  I cannot recall the name and I will see if I can find it but it was super duper.

Hatch would be a great stop for your group.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN  

ammad123
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Saturday-Only New Mexico Road Trip, September 18 - Tue, 01/11/11 3:25 PM
WOW cool