A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour

Junior Burger
2010/09/06 20:20:33
You all might enjoy this brand new documentary "A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour" that was put together by Mark Kotlinski of CToriginals. I did some artwork for the DVD but besides that It's really well done, similar in style to the Rick Sebak documentaries (with Sebak's endorsement as well!).

Superduperweeenie, Blackie's, Rawley's, plus some that are probably new to some people are profiled. If you check out his site there's lots of short clips from the film.. highly recommended!
Hotdoggintheus
Junior Burger
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/09/10 08:18:47
I ordered a copy! Can't wait to watch it. I also posted a link to it on www.HotDogShops.com so people visiting that site will be able to order it.
hkrall
Junior Burger
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/09/10 12:36:18
Nice! Love your site by the way.
I believe Mark is issuing a press release soon and hopefully the DVD will get some good exposure or even make it on to TV. 
Hotdoggintheus
Junior Burger
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/09/16 12:39:26
I received my dvd two days after ordering...but sadly i hadn't had time to watch it until last night. I was very impressed with the dvd. It had the same feel as PBS' A Hot Dog Program. My only complaint is I wish it was longer with more hot dog places haha. Over all it is an excellent dvd and everyone on this sight should get a copy if you already haven't.  I would love to do something like this myself being a hot dog shop lover, but I'm no journalist. I am however slowly trying to put together a book of hot dog shops I've been to and photographed. Please invite me on the next journey!
John Fox
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/03 06:53:56
I recently received a copy of the Connecticut Hot Dog Tour DVD. I highly recommend getting your own copy. It's only $7.99 and profiles 10 Connecticut hot dog establishments. Mark Kotlinski did a great job highlighting these restaurants, their histories, the people who run them, and those who are die hard fans. One place (Wieners on Water) is actually a boat serving hot dogs!

The DVD also gives information that you may not find in reviews, articles, and other films about hot dogs such as the brand of hot dog, where it comes from, and how it's prepared. I enjoyed this film more than A Hot Dog Program for this reason as well as the fact that I've personally been to 5 of the places featured. A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour appeals to the hot dog aficianado as well as the casual person who enjoys an occasional hot dog.

Connecticut is a hot dog mecca and this DVD gives you a great look at some legendary places as well as some that are not as well known. But all serve great hot dogs. There is variety here as far as the different brands of dogs that are used, the unique ways they are prepared, and the homemade toppings.

Check out this link:http://ctoriginals.com/buy-a-connecticut-hot-dog-tour-dvd/  Click on the the options offered to see some of the places in the film. There is a trailer and information on purchasing this entertaining DVD.
sk bob
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/03 22:21:50
just 10 hot dog places in CT.?
for $7.99?
how many times are you going to watch this? John Fox not included.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/04 00:04:42
A movie with no drama tears suspense "shhh I am watching the movie" stuff...don't have to actually go to the movies with a million people and their children who want popcorn  .. get the kid some popcorn already

That is $8 well spent.
John Fox
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/04 11:02:40
sk bob

just 10 hot dog places in CT.?
for $7.99?
how many times are you going to watch this? John Fox not included.

There's a lot more than 10 places in Connecticut to enjoy hot dogs. I've been to about a dozen on my own and this doesn't include half of those in the film. The documentary spends a little time on each; that's why there's only 10 profiled. Perhaps there will be a part 2. If you click on the link, then click on hot dogs (next to home), you can click on the picture of each place and you will get a short video of that place.

I've only seen it 4 times.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/04 11:39:22
Thanks for the link-really fun to get a "taste" of some of the great hot dog places.
sk bob
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/04 17:16:40
just 4 times John? you're disappointing me.
I lived in Connecticut for 50 years before moving to Florida so I'm very familiar with the hot dog joints in CT.
I still miss a lot of them.
I do get delverys of Martin Rosol hot dogs, Capitol Lunch sauce,& Blackies relish from friends when they come down.
John Fox
Re:A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour 2010/12/04 18:19:35
Up to 5 now. It's too bad that some of the hot dog brands that were popular in Connecticut are gone. Roseller's (used by Rawley's and Jimmies of Savin Rock) and Miller's Provisions (Super Duper Weenie and Windmill of Stratford) are no more.

Got to get back to Connecticut soon.