The Stern's Barbeque Magazine

Filet Mignon
2010/09/12 15:41:33
My  son  bought this and gave it to me last night............it is  just wonderful.  The photographs are terrific  and  the recipes  sound so good.  I  just am enjoying this so much  Does anyone else have a copy?                                                                                                                                                                                                               
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 15:44:10
I picked one up a few weeks ago and have read every page.  We are going to try a few of the recipes soon.
quijote
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 15:47:02
Where did you get it? Is it a magazine-rack magazine from a news stand or bookstore?
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 16:54:31
I got a copy through the website here, I guess.  I have also seen it on the rack at Publix.
I agree, Greymo, that it is very nice. 
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 18:31:57
From what I have read  I understand that  they will be  having a Pizza issue out soon.  That should be really interesting.  The mazazine is a little  expensive, but  very  high quality. 

My son purchased the barbeque issue  at Barnes and Noble and it was on  the magazine rack.
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 20:17:54
I got it at Borders...more expensive, but no advertising.  Also, high quality paper, cover and a nice glossy look.  Most importantly, excellent editorial content.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 21:08:31
What's the actual title so I know what to look for?
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/12 21:26:12
The cover has the title  BBQ in huge white letters and the  subtitle is  "Across The Country With Roadfood's  Jane and Michael Stern".
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:The Stern's Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/13 03:03:19
Greymo

The cover has the title  BBQ in huge white letters and the  subtitle is  "Across The Country With Roadfood's  Jane and Michael Stern".

THANX!
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:The Sterns' Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/13 05:27:32
Thanks for the kind words. It's really nice doing a magazine that isn't loaded with advertising, scratch-n-sniffs, and those subscription cards that fall out all over the place. The BBQ issue can be ordered at www.popularplates.com.

It is a quarterly; and yes, the next one is devoted to pizza. It just went off to the printer and should be available in October.

-- MS

leethebard
Sirloin
Re:The Sterns' Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/13 05:46:46
Great looking pizza...love the fresh basil and cherry tomatoes. Where's it from??
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Sterns' Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/13 09:17:17
While the price may be high for a "magazine", this is really more of a book. The feel of the paper says "book" not magazine and the quality of photos is outstanding. I also love how they balanced the content between history, travel, recipes. I agree with Greymo "it is  just wonderful."

katherinecurry
Junior Burger
Re:The Sterns' Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/13 09:41:17
That has to be a pizza from Stanziato's -- my personal fave, it has bacon & cherry tomatoes, delicious and possibly even better cold the next day!
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:The Sterns' Barbeque Magazine 2010/09/13 12:02:36
katherinecurry

That has to be a pizza from Stanziato's -- my personal fave, it has bacon & cherry tomatoes, delicious and possibly even better cold the next day!

Katherine, you know me too well. Yes, the pizza is from Stanziato's, and I did manage to bring a few pieces home since, of course, I had to reserve appetite for a Dr. Mike's hot fudge sundae immediately after the pizza. I did not think of eating the leftovers cold. Will have to try that next time. I was too impatient to heat a stone in the oven, though, I did them in the toaster oven and will now smell burning cheese each time I use it for the next few days ...not necessarily a bad thing.