My Cream of Crab soup, pics.

Oh yeah got a lot of Crab, some sherry, other goodies, folks love this soup, I have it year round, want a cup?

post edited by chewingthefat - 2010/09/13 17:03:59
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:12:06
I'm going to be picky here. First off, it looks delicious. I want some. But, and here's picky, a plastic spoon?
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:12:07
Email be a cup, please.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:27:58
What the heck.........plastic spoon....................I have had it there and  it is always served  to me with a sterling silver spoon....I  must  rate!                                                         
post edited by Greymo - 2010/09/13 17:29:03
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:34:46
Michael Hoffman

I'm going to be picky here. First off, it looks delicious. I want some. But, and here's picky, a plastic spoon?

Mr Hoffman, you are not in Mortons, you are in a BBQ joint, I wouldn't insult a Roadfooder with a metal spoon, fork & knife, metal, 4 for a dollar at Wal Mart, I do, but a throwaway spoon that gets the soup to your gub, is the way to go!
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:39:09
Greymo

What the heck.........plastic spoon....................I have had it there and  it is always served  to me with a sterling silver spoon....I  must  rate!                                                         

Greymo, being a member of our Hall of Fame here, is the reason for the Sterling Silver, a honor bestowed on only a chosen few! BTW, where is the last spoon you had?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:41:47
At Mortons I want a cigar after my meal. With my meal I want a spoon that won't break. How come a a BBQ joint (your words) has crockery ramekins?
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:41:55
mar52

Email be a cup, please.

I hope the next Apple gizmo, allows me to do that!
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 17:43:40
Michael Hoffman

At Mortons I want a cigar after my meal. With my meal I want a spoon that won't break. How come a a BBQ joint (your words) has crockery ramekins?

I stole them from Mortons!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 18:01:14
Good choice.
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 18:29:40
p.m me you recipe lol
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/13 18:40:26
You guys crock be up!

I'd also love the recipe, if available.

Next to ice cream I love soup!  Don't know which I like more.

agnesrob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 08:48:13
I'd pick soup over the two choices, Marlene. That cream of crab soup looks sooo good CTW!
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 11:27:52
Recipe, since I'm not particularly afraid of anyone opening up a store close by or if someone did, GREAT, welcome! Mind you I'll give the ingredients not the quantities as I make about 30 quarts at a time.
celery
carrot
green pepper
yellow pepper
scallions
all the above put into a Vita Mixer and liquidfied
in the pot it goes along with:
Crisp bacon, that been made to very small bits in a blender
nutmeg
whole cream
Old Bay
real butter
Creme Sherry
Claw Crab, completely picked by us, NO SHELL ALLOWED
Jumbo Lump Crab...no pasturized crab allowed, and being a Marylander, Bay crab, thanks.
The Crab goes in last,
simmer, never boil, as you would break the Cream
Edit. I forgot, I add a Lobster Base during the simmer, I buy it from an outfit in Fla.

post edited by chewingthefat - 2010/09/14 16:53:17
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 13:08:40
agnesrob
mar52

Next to ice cream I love soup!  Don't know which I like more.

I'd pick soup over the two choices, Marlene. That cream of crab soup looks sooo good CTW!

Yeah, cream of crab ice cream doesn't sound quite so appealing.

Just put mine in a big coffee mug and I won't need to worry about the spoon.

Brad

Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 13:39:42
looks good - crab chunks on spoon - well done.

for final presentation and color, I'd sprinkle a pinch of old bay on top. You are, afterall in Maryland.

I'm seriously thinking of planning a trip up Rt. 15.

Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 15:56:14
Scorereader,  you could have a really  great outing  by  going to a  corn maze  near  Chubby's  and then going on there to eat.  You  son would  love it.
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 16:48:55
Greymo

Scorereader,  you could have a really  great outing  by  going to a  corn maze  near  Chubby's  and then going on there to eat.  You  son would  love it.

Indeed, Crumland Farms has a huge one and a bunch of other stuff for kids of all ages, it sits right on 15 about 18 miles south of me.
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 16:50:49
Scorereader

looks good - crab chunks on spoon - well done.

for final presentation and color, I'd sprinkle a pinch of old bay on top. You are, afterall in Maryland.

I'm seriously thinking of planning a trip up Rt. 15.

I have Old Bay in the soup already, I dont want to make it too salty.
MellowRoast
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 17:24:00
If you'll serve it in that ramekin, I'll brown bag my own spoon!  
cementhead
Cheeseburger
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 20:14:13
If there's that much crab in each spoonful, that's some crabby crab soup. Looks really good.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 20:43:36
If I send you a jar, could you fill it and send it to me? Now, why did I move to Texas in 1963????????
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/14 21:52:41
I'm going to make that one of these days for sure!

Is the lobster base a liquid or paste?   I need to know these things!

THANKS!
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/15 13:37:07
mar52

I'm going to make that one of these days for sure!

Is the lobster base a liquid or paste?   I need to know these things!

THANKS!

A paste, Google Swiss Chalet Foods, they will send you 1 jar, I believe!
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/15 15:41:58
chewingthefat - save pinch of old bay per bowl, and put it at the end. I'm just saying, a little color. Or, a pinch of paprika? won't add salt, but would would add color.

BTW - greymo and ctf, good idea on doing a corn maze and chubby's stop. Maybe some apple picking too, up there. Maybe Oct 9 - I might actually be in town that weekend (this is marching band season afterall, so most weekends I'm out of town - last weekend I was in CT). Although, I won't know what the heck to get...too many choices! that's a good problem to have, I suppose.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/15 16:17:25
By the time  you get finished with everything at the corn maze, and  your son takes the wagon ride to  pick out a  pumpkin,  he will be too tired and  hungry  to  pick  apples.  BUT,  there  are two  apple farms  on the same route  with  great apples that you can buy!
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/15 16:39:40
Greymo

By the time  you get finished with everything at the corn maze, and  your son takes the wagon ride to  pick out a  pumpkin,  he will be too tired and  hungry  to  pick  apples.  BUT,  there  are two  apple farms  on the same route  with  great apples that you can buy!

Greymo, by God you have been to more places in more towns than the Sterns I think!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/17 12:40:10
Thanks for the tip, CTF!
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/23 14:36:42
If you would have had a metal detector  at the door, you would have found  out!

Oops............................sorry!  This is in response to being asked where I hid the sterling silver spoon!
post edited by Greymo - 2010/09/23 15:04:51
Re:My Cream of Crab soup, pics. 2010/09/23 15:14:14
Greymo

If you would have had a metal detector  at the door, you would have found  out!

Oops............................sorry!  This is in response to being asked where I hid the sterling silver spoon!

I have one of those Airport scanners that can see thru clothes, instead...much more fun!