The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT !

1 lb. post frying, Bacon, hard to see the L&T, on a toasted Amoroso roll.
Call it the BBLTB, the Bowen Bacon Lettice and Tomato Behemoth!

Betcha can't eat just one!
post edited by chewingthefat - 2010/09/18 17:56:04
ChiliDog
Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/18 13:29:45
I think that's more of a Blt.
And it's a thing of beauty! 
BillyB
Filet Mignon
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/18 13:33:18
If I bought that sandwich I would take 3/4 lb of bacon off and eat it as a edible BLT. IMHO when you order a sandwich you should be able to taste everything on the sandwich in every bite...............BillyB
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/18 16:47:26
BillyB

If I bought that sandwich I would take 3/4 lb of bacon off and eat it as a edible BLT. IMHO when you order a sandwich you should be able to taste everything on the sandwich in every bite...............BillyB

I'd probably do the same thing, but I sure would munch the leftovers.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/18 22:55:32
What do you get for that monster?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 00:31:07
Too funny!
Hell -- Too perfect!
mland520
Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 08:54:13
I'm with you, Billy- there can, indeed,  be too much of a good thing. I want to taste all of the flavors together- the mayo and the tomato and the lettuce and the bacon!

But it looks like something my son would love!
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 09:12:57
I am Honored, Chewie. Thanks for the followup on the Michigan Tony's Place menu item. So to follow-up on an earlier post, What will you charge for my namesake sandwich?
I would probably not try to 'engage' the sandwich as it stands, but rather do the thing with several pieces of the Bacon giving room for the L and T !!  The Bacon would not go to waste though!!! It would eventually be consumed !
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 10:13:40
Al, I sure do like bacon but that appears like something you would see on Man vs. Food

As always you sure do have the eye for something to post on Roadfood.  Great shot.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 11:10:14
Paul,  That's Chewie's entry !! He knows how to get my attention ! 
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 11:18:54
You are correct and I get the bad.  Still it looks like something you would do.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 12:03:39
I just made it for Al, and all to see, I wouldn't put that on the menu, If I did I'm not sure what I'd charge, what would you all pay?
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 13:14:14
Looks like a $9.95 Lunch Special to me..sides of FF and Slaw !

Or maybe a Challenge Offer??? Free if finished in 12 or 15 minutes, $15.95 if the buyer fails.
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 14:05:47
mayor al

Looks like a $9.95 Lunch Special to me..sides of FF and Slaw !

Or maybe a Challenge Offer??? Free if finished in 12 or 15 minutes, $15.95 if the buyer fails.

Al, layout bacon has gone way up recently, $2.50 lb. for good quality, the picture is a full lb. after frying, so somewhere north of  1 1/2-2 lbs. pre frying, $9.95 would bankrupt me. $15.95 doable, with the fries and slaw and Coumadin!
bwave
Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 15:47:27
I've been loving your pictures - wondering, do you/would you do any sort of roast turkey?   Post some tempting pictures and I'd be willing to drive all the way from Salisbury, MD  (3 hours away)

(or chicken pictures?   I'm alergic to beef, and I don't do pork or seafood, well other than bacon, who doesn't like bacon)
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 15:57:08
bwave 

...  who doesn't like bacon)

Me, usually.

MellowRoast
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 16:24:03
Can't believe my eyes.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/19 16:57:37
Chewie,
Thanks for the cost breakdown. Knowing that I'd put it on as a "Special Order" at  $15.95 or a bit higher.

And I too would look forward to a photo of a Whole Bronze Roasted Turkey With some slices of White Meat cut off and placed on a Toasted Roll/Sandwich beside the Bird.  Not a pound of bird, mind you, but several slices with Mayo and Lettuce or maybe served HOT with Stuffing and gravy on it.   (side of Cranberry sauce)
BUT  SAVE the B L T for me. I will order it at market price when I visit.
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 10:52:16
bwave

I've been loving your pictures - wondering, do you/would you do any sort of roast turkey?   Post some tempting pictures and I'd be willing to drive all the way from Salisbury, MD  (3 hours away)

(or chicken pictures?   I'm alergic to beef, and I don't do pork or seafood, well other than bacon, who doesn't like bacon)

Go to the "Chicken" topics here I posted a 1/2 smoked chicken we do here...many folks don't know there is a Chicken topic, I didn't!
ALLGOOD
Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 11:05:51
Thats' like a BB LT!!!
Rick F.
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 12:10:55
mland520 I'm with you, Billy- there can, indeed,  be too much of a good thing.

I, on the other hand, am with Mark Twain: "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 12:58:37
Mr. Twain was a wise, wise man.

CTF, what about starting with 1-1/2 pounds of unsliced bacon to make the sandwich more manageable?  Then you could deep fry it instead of dealing with the individual strips in a skillet.

Brad
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 13:58:02
Brad_Olson

CTF, what about starting with 1-1/2 pounds of unsliced bacon to make the sandwich more manageable?  Then you could deep fry it instead of dealing with the individual strips in a skillet.

Brad

Would the inside get done without the outside getting burnt, if fried this way?
caver
Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 14:15:35
Maybe take about 1/3 that (purely for practical reasons), add a little turkey and cheese to make a club sammich, then press it.
MellowRoast
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 14:28:21
If we can decaffeinate coffee, we should be able to decholesterol bacon. 
A Nobel Prize awaits…
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 16:40:58
Brad_Olson

Brad

Actually Brad, we fry the bacon on our flat top, then refrigerate it till we need it, at thar point we put it in the deep fryer to re crisp and heat, less bacon fat in the fryer that way.
boyardee65
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 20:24:30
  Now, THAT'S a BLT!!!  Looks like I will be having one tonight!!! ggggllldddggll!! (me drooling on my keyboard)

David O.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The Mayor's, Ahh, rather large BLT ! 2010/09/20 20:45:13
That looks great! However, here's what I did the other night. I cooked up a pound and a half of thick sliced bacon. Started with one BLT on fresh white sourdough, with garden tomatoes, bibb lettuce and Hellman's (NOT light). I finished three and when my wife pulled in the driveway, there were FOUR strips of bacon left. "Honey, I saved you plenty of bacon for your sandwich".  I never did come clean with my three.