Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick

Filet Mignon
2004/01/23 09:15:34
Incredible!!!----if the pics of Dougs food were any better I swear id be full! Looks like yopuve found a winner here---the pic of the fish-onion plate just put this place on my MUST EAT list. I was practically drooling. Thanks to all involved in getting this message to all of us!!
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 09:38:12
With pleasure! Here's another good thing to eat at Doug's, the gumbo:

Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 09:45:50
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Stern

I'm curious: do establishments always/often know who you are when you eat there? Or do they think you're just some guy who likes to take pictures of his food? Or, do you eat anonymously and THEN take photos of food?

I know...I'm nosy.
Rusty246
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 10:19:57
quote:
Originally posted by Phil J.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Stern

I'm curious: do establishments always/often know who you are when you eat there? Or do they think you're just some guy who likes to take pictures of his food? Or, do you eat anonymously and THEN take photos of food?

I know...I'm nosy.

Me too....lay it on the table.
Maynerd
Cheeseburger
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 10:49:43
The trick to good food photography is to "light" the food from behind or from the back. Not above or from the front. Look at how food is photographed in mags. Look what direction the shadows cast . Michael's just a good photographer. Try taking photos of food yourself. You'll see it ain't that easy to make it look like something you'd eat!
i95
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 10:51:59
Yummmmm !!!
RubyRose
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 11:05:44
Five minutes until lunchtime and I want that fish. Alas, I am stuck with a turkey bagel sandwich.
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 11:21:48
That is one tasty looking picture !!!!

I'm living for lunchtime too !!!
Michael Stern
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 14:55:39
I seldom bother to explain. Most places just think I'm a nut who photographs everything he eats. Besides, 9 out of 10 Roadfood restaurants wouldn't be too impressed if I walked in arm-in-arm with Jacques Pepin, Julia Child, and the restaurant critic from the New York Times and told them we were writing a feature story about their meat loaf. So even when I do tell them why I'm taking pictures (and eating 3 different entrees), it usually doesn't cause more than an indifferent shrug. And that's the way I like it!
Hode
Cheeseburger
RE: Dougs Fishfry--Today rest. pick 2004/01/23 15:22:56
The fried shrimp at Doug's are worth trying as well, also the french fries . They do all fried foods very well. And you gotta have some cole slaw with all that fried seafood.