Smoked open face Turkey, Pics

Smoked 1/2 lb Turkey, on toasted Kaiser, homemade mashed tater, stuffing, gravy!
want one?

post edited by chewingthefat - 2010/09/26 14:44:28
MellowRoast
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/26 16:10:43
If I'm not mistaken, those are beautiful red potatoes.  And I can tell just from the picture this is homemade gravy, too.  The whole meal looks killer! 
hatteras04
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/26 19:58:23
chewingthefat

want one?

No.

I want two!
will_work_4_bbq
Cheeseburger
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/26 20:29:22
Save one for me!
bwave
Cheeseburger
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 00:02:40
Now that's what I'm talking about!
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 09:30:18
Looks great!  When it comes to the Thanksgiving holiday I almost prefer Friday and Saturday because this is what I like to do with the leftovers.

Brad
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 09:51:18
Superb.
Wintem01
Cheeseburger
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 10:10:33
Just heaven.
Rusty246
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 10:14:09
The only thing that would make that meal better is a large sweet tea....
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 10:55:21
OK Chewie, This time I have to add a question about presentation.  I don't question the apparent quality of the product(s) involved, but Smoked Turkey (IMHO) is displayed as the traditional 'Slices of White and Dark Meat' with "some" gravy ladled over it on the bread/biscuit/roll. This presentation reminds me of the Turkey A La King of School Lunch Fame.
Perfect for a great lunch on a cold winter day, but lacking that Dr Smoke 'Pro-Touch' I see in your other introductions.
BTW. You sure attract some unusual feedback !
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 11:56:19
mayor al

OK Chewie, This time I have to add a question about presentation.  I don't question the apparent quality of the product(s) involved, but Smoked Turkey (IMHO) is displayed as the traditional 'Slices of White and Dark Meat' with "some" gravy ladled over it on the bread/biscuit/roll. This presentation reminds me of the Turkey A La King of School Lunch Fame.
Perfect for a great lunch on a cold winter day, but lacking that Dr Smoke 'Pro-Touch' I see in your other introductions.
BTW. You sure attract some unusual feedback !

Problem was Al, we had those beautiful slices, the one pictured was for my consumption, and by then it was real leftovers, but I didn't feel right taking pictures of a customers platter before serving them. It was not a big bird, we got maybe 9 orders off it. it was a 1 time deal to see how much interest there was. That said, it was a great smokey flavor and really moist.
I'd love to buy one of the deep fat fryers that has the locking lid to deep fry a Turkey, if you ever tasted one you know how incredible they are!
I do appreciate the great feedback, it makes HAVING to consume the subject, all the better! Kati, my Photographer, didn't get this one!
douginvirginia
Cheeseburger
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 11:58:15
Since the turkey is smoked, how do you make gravy without drippings? Are the drippings captured in the smoker?
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 11:59:08
Rusty246

The only thing that would make that meal better is a large sweet tea....

I got a sweet tea here, that will put a big smile on your face, just thought I'd show a Blue Moxie.
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 12:03:05
douginvirginia

Since the turkey is smoked, how do you make gravy without drippings? Are the drippings captured in the smoker?

Chicken base, poultry spices, chicken broth, some cornstarch to thicken, we also use the small amount of turkey juice created as it sits for 15 or so minutes, in a cooling pan.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 12:06:47
Family does the Deep-Fried Turkey for holiday , It is a much better tasting bird (IMHO) than the traditional oven-roast.
I figured you had some reason for the disguise !
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 16:03:47
I have to ask, What does the Blue Moxie Taste like? I love the original, and despise the Diet-Original flavor. I have never seen the 'Blue' before you posted it a while back.
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 18:02:51
mayor al

I have to ask, What does the Blue Moxie Taste like? I love the original, and despise the Diet-Original flavor. I have never seen the 'Blue' before you posted it a while back.

It's really very good, as good as Diet Moxie is bad, definite Cream Soda base taste with a hint of something else, Blueberry I suppose, it's a nice smooth flavor, I sell quite a bit of it, maybe because it's the only blue soda people have seen.
chefbuba
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 22:05:57
chewingthefat

douginvirginia

Chicken base, poultry spices, chicken broth, some cornstarch to thicken, we also use the small amount of turkey juice created as it sits for 15 or so minutes, in a cooling pan.

CTF....give this base a try... I'm pretty picky when it comes to bases...I buy the chicken and beef for work and  have used the turkey at home,,,,it's pretty good.
Prices are good, even with shipping..or you may be able to get it through your food service co.
post edited by chefbuba - 2010/09/27 22:07:20
Yetti Spaghetttti
Junior Burger
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/27 23:12:23
Oooh, this is exactly what I've been craving. Love the chunks of turkey! Weeping because you're so far away, but thank you, CTF, it looks wonderful
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/28 12:02:32
Thanks Chef, I'm ordering the Turkey after this post.
BillyB
Filet Mignon
Re:Smoked open face Turkey, Pics 2010/09/29 07:15:44
Drippings, Chicken base and caramel color................