Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa!

HDtravlr1
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Reward points : 0
Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Tue, 09/28/10 8:39 AM
From Tulsa World online edition

Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Oklahoma
Davidson is working on a deal to bring an Oklahoma Joe’s restaurant to Tulsa. The restaurant is expected to open in the spring of 2011.
After years of hearing people say, “Why can’t Oklahoma have an Oklahoma Joe’s?” he’s making it happen.
Davidson founded Oklahoma Joe’s, now in Kansas City and Olathe, Kan., with his partner, Jeff Stehney. The two competition barbecue cooks opened the restaurant when they were at the height of their competition barbecue fame, winning the most elite contests across the country.
Chef Anthony Bourdain named Oklahoma Joe’s one of the “13 Places to Eat Before You Die.”
Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=370&articleid=20100707_39_D1_JoeDav524234

HDtravlr1
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Mon, 10/11/10 11:35 PM
Guess I am the only one excited.

tiki
  • Total Posts : 4135
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Tue, 10/12/10 9:33 AM
Compition Cue has produced some greatfood---but---they are gonna have to PROVE thenselves here in the state whose name they use---there are bbq joints here that have been around for decades--i dont get excited about que till i TASTE it---the old saying that "if you want to BE the best you have to BEAT the best!', applies to "Oklahoma Joes"---when they get here --and i taste it--then i may get excited

HDtravlr1
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Wed, 10/13/10 9:51 PM
Tiki
Good point! Oklahoma Joe's has great BBQ in Kansas City. I prefer it over LC's which is great also. I can only hope it is a good as KC. What is your go to place for great Q? Seems like I remember you going to Muskogee.

Johnny

BR
  • Total Posts : 233
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Sun, 10/30/11 12:06 PM
Actually Oklahoma Joe's will be in Broken Arrow and will be opening soon. They have acquired the location where Runt's BBQ used to be near Bass Pro. They are working on it as we speak. It should be some serious competition for some local establishments.

tiki
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Mon, 10/31/11 11:05 AM
My Oklahoma go to que is Smokehouse Bob's in Muskogee--great brisket!! and the pork loin sandwich is killer--and--they have the best sweet potato pie i ever ate ANYWHERE!! Oklahoma Joe's is gonna have to go pretty far to beat them--but we could use some good RIBS!

BR
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Mon, 10/31/11 8:53 PM
tiki... I've been to Smokehouse Bob's. It's been awhile but I do remember the sweet potato pie. If you are ever in the Sperry area during the week give Donny Teal's ribs a try. He's in a trailer next to Daylight Doughnuts but only on weekdays. He serves some mighty fine ribs.

tiki
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Tue, 11/1/11 12:22 PM
Will do, BR! just wrote that down on the " the must eat list"!!!

<message edited by tiki on Tue, 11/1/11 12:25 PM>

BR
Re:Oklahoma Joe’s coming to Tulsa! - Mon, 12/12/11 1:37 PM
For anyone interested... Oklahoma Joe's in Broken Arrow... Opening Day is Friday Dec 16 @ 5:00 PM. Same menu as Kansas City. Burnt Ends will be offered on occasion as an advertised special when available. I was told they won't likely be available opening weekend.