Farm Table South Charleston WV - Closed!

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7379
  • Reward points : 0
Farm Table South Charleston WV - Closed! - Wed, 10/13/10 11:58 AM
http://www.dailymail.com/foodandliving/201010041039

Not that I plan to be back in Charleston WV, but its sad news for those who live in the area or plan to visit.

I thought the Farm Table was even better than the closed Southern Kitchen in Charleston, now that the replacement has closed, I wonder if there is a replacement for the replacement?

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17800
Re:Farm Table South Charleston WV - Closed! - Wed, 10/13/10 12:54 PM
That's really too bad. I got to eat at the Farm Table a couple of times, once in the '80s and again in the '90s. I preferred the Southern Kitchen in Kanawha City, though.

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7379
Re:Farm Table South Charleston WV - Closed! - Thu, 10/14/10 8:59 AM
Michael,

I went to both places back to back in 2007. The Farm Table for dinner and Southern kitchen the following day for breakfast.
The country ham at both places were some of the best I've ever had, but the red eye gravy at the Farm Table edged out the Southern Kitchen. What I also liked about the farm table is that their menu offered a larger variety of main courses, sides and desserts so I was able to choose items at the farm table that wouldn't have been available at Southern Kitchen

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9774
Re:Farm Table South Charleston WV - Closed! - Thu, 10/14/10 9:03 AM
I am also sorry to see The Farm Table close down.  Like Michael, I thought Southern Kitchen was better, but The Farm Table was still good, especially the pies.  Of course, I only had one dinner there.

On the heels of Blossom Deli closing down, it makes me wonder what is going in in Charleston, WV.