"Bubbadogz" Bringing a little east coast experience to Spokane Washington

bubbadogz
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
"Bubbadogz" Bringing a little east coast experience to Spokane Washington - Sun, 11/7/10 7:43 PM
I remember as a kid growing up in the little island town of Alameda, California (SF Bay Area) hanging out at my grandpas two little amusement parks. One was called "Playland" which was near the beach in SF,and the second one was a smaller version also near the beach but in the parking lot of a little shopping center called "South Shore" in my hometown of Alameda which at that time was a small island. Besides the "Its It" ice cream sandwiches I devoured at the SF park, I equally devoured the hot dogs at both parks.

Growing up my love affair with a good old fashioned hot dog continued with a bay area hot dog legend called "Caspers" hot dogs (Also another one spelled with a K as legend has it is another relative of the C Caspers who didnt get along). My mother was also a fanatic about these hot dogs, and I remember we would drive on Saturdays a 1/2 hour to nearby Oakland CA just so we could get a "Caspers" hot dog which had been around since the 50's or earlier.

Now I find myself bringing this passion to "Bubbadogz" trying to make my business every bit of my childhood experience one dog at a time!

chefbuba
  • Total Posts : 1955
Re:"Bubbadogz" Bringing a little east coast experience to Spokane Washington - Sun, 11/7/10 8:13 PM
Welcome bubbadogz,
I'm a few hrs West of you down 90...
Spent the 80's in the East Bay and put away quite a few Caspars dogs.
 You have a B&M place?... is it open yet? What kind of dogs you serving?
Stroll through the dog vendor side...lots of info there.

bubbadogz
  • Total Posts : 16
Re:"Bubbadogz" Bringing a little east coast experience to Spokane Washington - Sun, 11/7/10 8:36 PM
Hey Chefbuba. No we have a Willydog cart we operate a few days a week here in the valley. We only sell "Nathans" which has proved to be a great hit for us.