Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside)

IntelligentT82
  • Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 0
Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside) - Sat, 12/4/10 12:04 AM
Bozelli's Italian Deli just opened another DC area location near my job in Crystal City VA (Arlington, VA) and it is soooo good.    http://bozzellideli.com/index.html

I just had to share some pics of my Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese.  It was one of the best steak and cheese sandwiches I've ever had.  If you don't like your sandwiches to be juicy, then don't get this one. lol

can you see the meat juice on the sandwich wrapper at the bottom of the picture lol

<message edited by IntelligentT82 on Sat, 12/4/10 12:05 AM>

doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re:Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside) - Sat, 12/4/10 9:00 AM

That looks like a great sandwich, but I am not seeing the cheese. The combination of beef and pepperoni sounds good to me and I suspect that it all has a nice mouth 'feel'. 
They use pepperoni, which is a firm sausage, where on their menu for their salami, they use a Genoa style, which I would serve to my granny. I wish that I could find a good Italian salami sandwich like they make in San Francisco...
Their sandwich menu makes me hungry. The Italian cheeseburger with mortadella sounds unique too.
I would be remiss if I did not point out the pizza menu. In the world of pizza, I have never seen a 5" pizza as a small with a 10" pie as a medium. There are many here that would consider a 5 incher as a slider and order three for a full meal....with two beers.
I am surprised that they charge extra for red pepper flakes; that is the standard table decoration for a pizza place...
It is their attempt to recreate your sandwich in pizza form that may cause some reaction here. There are many people who will say that mayonaisse does not belong on a pizza. 
Expect Mr. Michael Hoffman to chime in on this...

mark

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside) - Sat, 12/4/10 9:37 AM
The cheese is on top of the meat-its got a bit of a brown spot..

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5057
Re:Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside) - Sat, 12/4/10 2:50 PM
That looks pretty good but I would want some sauteed shrooms, onions, & peppers on mine.  

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6086
Re:Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside) - Sat, 12/4/10 3:00 PM
As Italian as I am, I think I'd still prefer my cheese steak without pepperoni. Save that for pizza!

chewingthefat
  • Total Posts : 6103
Re:Bozelli's Original Pepperoni Steak and Cheese (Pics Inside) - Sun, 12/5/10 5:12 PM
I'll take a 12", with a double order of bacon on it!