My year in Roadfood (2010)

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Porterhouse
2010/12/10 13:55:10
For those of you who think the holiday season shouldn't start before Thanksgiving, more bad news.  I am starting my year end review early.  Since I only have one more trip planned this year (to Memphis & Arkansas for bbq and pie, but definitely not in that order) it seems my best burgers list should be done.

BEST BURGERS

10. Solly's Grille - Milwaukee, WI 

The butter burger they serve at Solly's is not for everyone.  I have been here with several different people and many of them thought the amount of butter on the burger was overwhelming.  Not me.  I love every butter drenched bite.  Actually, on the four visits I've made to Solly's over the years, this one undoubtedly had the least amount of butter.  

9. Matt's Bar - Minneapolis, MN

Sorry to post a photo of food that already has been bitten into, but with the Jucy Lucy, you need to see the inside of the burger to know what all the fuss is about.  Matt's is a wildly popular tavern that specializes in these cheese stuffed burgers.  We visited Matt's main competition, the The 5-8 Club a few days earlier and we found Matt's to be significantly better. 

8. Powers Hamburgers - Fort Wayne, IN

Powers Hamburgers is a tiny art deco building in downtown Fort Wayne that serves excellent sliders.  They give you so many fried onions on your burgers, that we heard several regulars come in and ask for "light on the onions".  I say, the more the better!

7. Wedl's Hamburger Stand - Jefferson, WI

No surprise that a great hamburger state like Wisconsin is well represented on this list.  This place is odd in that they have a seperate little building next to the street where they fry up the delicious burgers, while the main building just a few feet away has the rest of the menu, including the indoor seating.  The burgers are small and a double gives you the desired meat-to-bun ratio.  Just a great combination of lots of cheese, fried onions and high quality meat.

6. Redamak's - New Buffalo, MI

This one might be for sentimental reasons.  Immediately after eating this juicy double, with Velveeta cheese on it, I texted my brother and told him I found a burger that tastes just like the great cheeseburgers our now deceased father used to make. 

5. Le Tub - Hollywood, FL

One of the strangest decorated restaurants I have ever seen (there are toilets sitting around with flowers planted in them), Le Tub once was named best burger in the country by GQ magazine.  I'm not ready to go that far, but this was a terrific burger.  They obviously use very high quality meat and then grilled to the perfect temperature.  They are infamous for taking an hour or more to deliver your burger, but we had ours in a very reasonable amount of time. 

4. Port of Call - New Orleans, LA

In one of the darkest bars imaginable, I was lucky to get a seat next to the far backroom window to be able to take a decent photo.  This tall burger delivers excellent beefy flavor, but what really made it for me is the mushrooms sauteed in wine, butter and garlic.  It felt strange to be eating a burger in New Orleans, but I was over that after the first bite.  

3. Lankford Grocery - Houston, TX

My first visit here and I absolutely loved my big, messy, ultra-juicy double cheeseburger.  This is what a burger is supposed to taste like.  Great atmosphere, including our wonderful waitress who looks just like Granny Clampett, gets Lankford Grocery bonus points.  

2. Buckhorn Tavern - San Antonio, NM

Despite all of the fame this small place has received in the past few years, they still deliver one outstanding green chile cheeseburger.  Some people on the 2010 Roadfood bus tour even named this the best GCC we had on the tour.  

1. Bobcat Bite - Santa Fe, NM

To be honest, this competition was over the day the Roadfood powers that be announced that we were going to New Mexico for the 2010 Roadfood bus tour.  Spectacularly good burger that is the perfect combination of bun, high quality juicy beef, cheese and green chiles.  The fact that they have the friendliest staff in the world just adds to it.  The green chile cheeseburger here would be my death row meal. 

Honorable mention:
Paradise Pup - Des Plaines, IL
Northgate Soda Shop - Greenville, SC
Clamp's Hamburger Stand - New Milford, CT
Anchor Bar - Superior, WI
Hodad's - Ocean Beach, CA
post edited by buffetbuster - 2011/01/02 21:22:39
txtwister
Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 14:08:25
I lived in New Milford for years and never had a hamburger at Clamps, only their excellent chili dogs - another case of youth definitely being wasted on the young!

All of these look fantastic, great roundup!!
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 14:08:53
Buffetbuster

I just knew that Bobcat Bite was going to be your # 1- I just new it before I even looked at #10 on your list

Great start so far...

As we discussed, I need to get crackin' on mine!
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 14:13:59
txtwister

I lived in New Milford for years and never had a hamburger at Clamps, only their excellent chili dogs
Interesting, in that I don't think that we tried the chili dogs.  Did we Chris?  Will do that next time for sure! 

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 14:22:36
Something I have always wanted to know about the green chiles in these NM cheeseburgers - how hot (as in spice heat) are they? 

Is someone with a limited tolerance for spice heat (like myself) even going to be able to eat one of these?
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 14:44:33
TJ- Each place is different.  But, I'm not someone who has a high tolerance for spicy foods and I've never found a GCC yet that was a problem.  I'm guessing you would be just fine.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 14:57:13
so are these sweet/mild like bell peppers, then?
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 15:00:32
No, the chiles definitely gives some heat (and way more flavor), but just enough to tingle a little bit.  Nothing to really make you sweat.  I shouldn't assume that you would have no problem with them, because everyone's tolerance is different.  My girlfriend makes fun of me because I can't handle much heat.
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 15:03:07
They aren't capsaicin-free like bell peppers, but they aren't very spicy. I noticed a bit of a bite at Buckhorn Tavern, but I only noticed a slight glow at Bobcat Bite.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 15:14:29
wanderingjew-
I'm still disappointed we didn't get to Stanley's Famous Hamburgers when we we visited Rhode Island.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 15:33:38
buffetbuster

wanderingjew-
I'm still disappointed we didn't get to Stanley's Famous Hamburgers when we we visited Rhode Island.

There's always next year.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 15:46:22
Hodad's always seems to get good ratings.
I was there earlier this year and found the only thing interesting about the burger was the hype.

It was just okay.  Greasy and okay.

However they have the absolute best chocolate malt I've ever had which would bring that burger up in ratings.

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 15:54:02
are these the anaheim peppers described in the link below as roughly equivalent heat-wise to tabasco sauce?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 16:01:57
mar52
Hodad's always seems to get good ratings.
However they have the absolute best chocolate malt I've ever had which would bring that burger up in ratings.

What, this little ol' thing?

It took three of us to eat it.  BTW, I wouldn't call Hodad's a great burger, but I still think it is very good.  The atmosphere really is wonderful, though.
post edited by buffetbuster - 2010/12/10 16:03:04
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 16:09:28
Terrific atmosphere!

They took my malt away from my table before I really got in to it. I still don't forgive them for it.   I could have finished it on my own.
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 16:22:49
What the heck?  How did Pat's Drive-in miss this list?
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 16:29:13
TJ,
IMHO the green chili's can be boosted in heat for those who want it by adding other peppers to the mixture, but served as the Chili-Verde that I have had, they compare to the large Anaheims used to make Chili-Rellanos and other large stuffed Mex Pepper dishes.  They have a LOT more flavor that the typical stuffed Bell or other type of 'Sweet Pepper'.
ayersian
Double Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 16:45:05
buffetbuster
Interesting, in that I don't think that we tried the chili dogs.  Did we Chris?  Will do that next time for sure! 

Cliff, obviously we had our burger goggles strapped on too tightly...yes, next time it's chili dogs!    Chris
ayersian
Double Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 16:49:40
mar52
They took my malt away from my table before I really got in to it. I still don't forgive them for it.   I could have finished it on my own.

What?!?  Maybe they were trying to turn tables too quickly.  We were there last summer, and though there was a line, no one pushed us to leave.  But I do agree with Cliff about the burger: not a Top 10 pick -- what with such a stellar list assembled here -- but certainly delicious.    Chris

P.S.  Mar, you around the week of Xmas for some RF? 
Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 17:45:45
The GCCB at Horseman's Haven, however, is a scorcher.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 19:13:58
Hey Chris,

I'l be here.  Let me know when!
CLVdog
Hamburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/10 21:25:52
If in the Lehigh Valley area of Pa you gotta try Bubba's Potbelly Stove in Cooperstown/Center Valley(Rte 309), Werts Cafe in Allentown on Liberty ST, between 17th and 18th and Sammuel Owens in Coplay at 2nd and Chestnut St. . All are great.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 03:07:08
Buffetbuster-
Have you had a Burger at Rotier's in Nashville, TN? If so, what's your opinion?
http://www.rotiers.com/
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 07:02:45
Foodbme-
Yes, I have been to Rotier's and although it being served on French bread is a little strange, it was very good.

CLVdog-
Thanks for the tips.  Will definitely check them out the next time in the other end of the state.  I think Wert's Cafe is already reviewed here on Roadfood.

JRPfeff-
I don't think Pat's would have made my top 100 burgers of the year!  Although, I do wonder if it was really that bad or just paled in comparison to the other great places we ate earlier in the day.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 07:10:39
What a fun list!Great to see Solly's on it...I never tire of the butter on their burgers. And the rest of your recommendations are on my must eat list should I ever get to those areas in the country.Thanks, BB!
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 09:01:30
I stopped at Solly's several years ago.  A very nice place and since their butter burger was listed and talked about on Roadfood, I definately got it along with a nice vanilla milkshake.

No doubt about why the butter burger is called that.  It was delicious but soaked in butter.  Very goody and messy but very good.

The place was very attractive at that time.

Paul E. Smith
KNoxville, TN
stanpnepa
Double Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 10:16:22
I bow!!

Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 11:13:20
Yay Cliff!  Great photos and description.  When I was in New Orleans back in October I taught a class to a small group that included a local, and on break I thoroughly debriefed her about where she goes within long-walking distance of the hotel, and Port of Call was one of the three or four places she strongly recommended, and in part with the always-a-good-thing 'the cops go there.'  I didn't make it that visit but I won't make that mistake again.

And in more good news, a cute little place in Columbia we like to visit, Davis' on Rosewood, started featuring a pimento cheese Juicy Lucy as a special, and we had it the other night, and it was scrumptious.  I love it when regional specialties travel well.
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 11:14:14
PS.  I would have liked your dad's burger too!
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 11:27:42
Oh, Lord, Nancy-I would have loved the pimento cheese Juicy Lucy. I am a southerner at heart living in the north, but my N.C. cousins claim I make a darn good pimento cheese.Will have to try that at home since I am SURE we cannot get that here in Wisconsin!
DirtDude
Cheeseburger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 12:08:14
All those burgers looked great to me. Its nice to see the variety across the country.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 13:01:00
I noticed, Dallas was not represented on any of these lists. Being from Dallas, I can fully understand why.
Just as I'm sure Dallas would not be included in a list of the 10 best pastrami sandwiches.
Btw, I'd sure like to see that list!
Rick F.
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 13:21:41
TJ Jackson

Something I have always wanted to know about the green chiles in these NM cheeseburgers - how hot (as in spice heat) are they? 

Is someone with a limited tolerance for spice heat (like myself) even going to be able to eat one of these?

" /> I don't know what these smileys are officially supposed to mean, but they show the way I felt after a GCCB at a LotaBurger in a town east of Albuquerque in 2005 or so. I thought it was going to take the top of my head off, and I'm from LA! Fortunately, I had asked for the GC on the side, so was able to use it judiciously. It was pure, fresh, crisp green chili, diced, and as hot as anything I've yet run across. Would I go back? Heck, yes!
post edited by Rick F. - 2010/12/11 13:23:26
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 14:36:49
Great list and photography, Buffetbuster!

I've only had one of the burgers on your list, the Le Tub, of course.  I agree that it was awesome.

Michael Stern
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 14:38:43
So, Cliff, I am curious: are you basically anti-slider or do you see sliders in a different (perhaps inferior) category from big, juicy hamburgers or did you just not come across any worthy ones in the last year? -- Michael

Davydd
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 14:47:04
Great list. In the Twin Cities there are many debates about where the best Jucy Lucy is served. Matt's Bar gets the cred for claiming to originating it and giving its name. It most often gets the nod over the 5-8 Club as you mentioned but seldom over Casper and Runyon's The Nook in St. Paul. I much prefer the Nook. Next time go to The Nook.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 15:22:44
I'll second Davydd's rec for The Nook, although we actually like 5-8 Club's version over both Matt's and The Nook.

Also, howcum no mention of Tessaro's?  I mean, I know it's in your hometown so you didn't have to travel very far to get it, but this is Roadfood and not everybody is from Pittsburgh.  So, what might be local to you would be genuine Roadfood to the rest of us.  And you did eat that Tessaro's burger this year.  I know you did, 'cause I was there with you (and about ten other people).  I mean, they should at least get an Honorable Mention, doncha think?

Oh well, nice rundown, anyway.  And thanks for mentioning my backyard favorite, Paradise Pup!

See you soon,

Buddy
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 16:23:02
Hard to decide which burger I'd like to eat first. Excellent pics!
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/11 18:59:09
BuddyRoadhouse-
You are right to notice that Tessaro's is missing from the list.  It was a last minute decision to omit it because it is my local place.  I really wanted to show burger places elsewhere, especially since I have written about Tessaro's so many times already.  Had it been on there, it would rank right up there with Le Tub and Port of Call.

Michael Stern-
Actually, I am very much pro-slider.  Besides Powers Hamburgers, I also made it to Crabill's (Urbana, OH) and Hunter House Hamburgers (Birmingham, MI), where we enjoyed these doubles, with plenty of fried onions.

It was just a matter of the competition being so fierce.

MiamiDon-
Beautiful photo!  Glad we could enjoy those great burgers together!

Twinwillow-
Sorry, but I didn't make it to Dallas this year.  But, it sounds like you are saying there are no worthy burgers in town.

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 08:24:09
Hey Cliff, This is like the Swimsuit Edition of burgers

buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 08:33:06
Nancy-
The idea of a pimento cheese Juicy Lucy sounds good beyond belief! 
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 09:18:03
It was the only disappointing thing about it--I imagine since you're frying it with the cheese inside, your peppers need to be on point and they were using their excellent but usually served cold pimento cheese.   I think a stronger pepper for the JL is probably in order.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 09:20:07
buffetbuster

I really wanted to show burger places elsewhere, especially since I have written about Tessaro's so many times already.

Then why is there no mention of Nite Owl?

Brad
WBBear
Junior Burger
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 09:25:04
BB, glad to see Powers on your list!!!!!
One of the best things is to have a bag full of these beauties in the car. The smell gets embedded in the seat for at least a month. Its WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 13:38:21
BEST DESSERT (NON-PIE DIVISION)

10. Juice N Fruit - Tucson, AZ

This is a raspados, which is a combination of shaved ice, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and the fruits of your choice.  Maybe my decision to go with plum and pineapple wasn't the ideal selection (even the young man making the raspados hesitated for a second and told me that was a new one to him), but it was an incredibly cool and refreshing snack on a hot Tucson day.  

9. Bauder Pharmacy - Des Moines, IA

My visit to Bauder Pharmacy was just a week before the Iowa State Fair.  Since they are famous for the peppermint bars they sell at their stand during the state fair, I asked if they happened to have any available now.  The young man told me no, but he would be happy to make me a sundae which approximates the candy.  Two scoops of their homemade delicious peppermint ice cream, covered by hot fudge and I was a happy boy!  Still, a return trip during the Iowa State Fair to try those peppermint bars is a must!  

8. Durgin Park - Boston, MA

I order Indian Pudding anytime it is on the menu, but the one they serve at Durgin Park still sets the standard.  The combination of the thick molasses-y pudding and the melting vanilla ice cream is wonderful, so make sure you get some of each in every bite!  

7. Sweatman's - Holly Hill, SC

The banana pudding served at Sweatman's has just the right amount of pudding, vanilla wafers and cut up bananas for my taste.  And at 99 cents for a small cup, is a real bargain.

6. Pico de Gallo - South Tucson, AZ

What looks like a simple cup of tall, cut up fruit (coconut, pineapple, mango and watermelon) is much more.  Sprinkled on top is some salt, lemon juice, but most importantly, a generous dose of chili powder, which really brings out the flavors of the fruit.  A stunning combination!  

5. Kick Ass Cupcakes - Somerville, MA

During an amazing eating weekend in Boston, led by Roadfood team members ayersian, the root beer float cupcake was what made the biggest impression.  It really did taste exactly like the world's best root beer float.   

4. Kopp's - Greenfield & Glendale, WI

During a week plus in Wisconsin, Cousin Johnny and I only managed to eat the fabulous frozen custard at Kopp's twice.  But, had we been there everyday, we still would have wanted more.  Going into the vacation, I would have probably told you that Leon's is slightly better.  Not anymore, I am now officially on board the Kopp's train!  The two flavors above are cookies & cream and (I'm not 100% on this) Orange Creamsicle.  

3. Buttonwood Farms - Griswold, CT

During a fast paced weekend of Roadfooding in Connecticut, Chris Ayers took me to about a half dozen high quality ice cream shops.  The clear #1 was the Graham Cracker Ice Cream served at Buttonwood Farms.  An odd flavor I have never seen anywhere else, it is chocolate covered bits of graham cracker in graham cracker flavored ice cream.  Strange, but delicious! 

2. Cafe Latte - St. Paul, MN

Cafe Latte has a huge selection of some of the best looking cakes you have ever seen.  I ate a slice of the Grasshopper Torte which was very good.  Then, The Travelin Man brought back this piece of chocolate cake and it blew mine out of the water.  Luckily, he was nice enough to share.   Ultra-moist and rich, this is the perfect slice of chocolate cake.  The only thing I can imagine a chocolate lover enjoying more, would be.....  

1. Hominy Grill - Charleston, SC

Easily, the best dessert I had last year and most likely the single best item of any kind.  This chocolate pudding is not too sweet, but deeply chocolatey like nothing else I have ever tasted.  ChiTownDiner and I actually came to Hominy Grill for breakfast, so this was being eaten at about 8:00AM!  

Honorable mention:
1. Caramel Cake - Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen (Louisville, KY)
2. Date Shake - Shields Date Gardens (Indio, CA)
3. Coffee Brownie Ice Cream - Harry's Roadhouse (Santa Fe, NM)
4. Gateau Sirop - Cafe des Amis (Breaux Bridge, LA)
5. Whoopie Pie Cake - Becky's (Portland, ME)
post edited by buffetbuster - 2011/01/02 21:55:39
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 13:57:50
Hey.....wait a second....one of your top 10 non pie desserts is going to be on my top 10   err...I mean  top 5 non pie dessert lists- that's no fair! " />
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 14:05:08
WJ-
Hmmmm, not sure which one it is, but have a decent guess.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 14:15:46
You are an evil person!  I want one of each except for the cup of fruit.

In Los Angeles we have push cart fruit vendors on many corners. You choose the fruit, the cut it up and top it with any combination of salt, chili powder and lime juice that you'd like.

My only problem with it is that they serve it in a baggy.

I've never seen Indian Pudding in person or on a menu.  I'll have to try that if it ever makes an appearance.

What I want this very minute is that chocolate pudding.  
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 14:16:42
ScreamingChicken

buffetbuster

I really wanted to show burger places elsewhere, especially since I have written about Tessaro's so many times already.

Then why is there no mention of Nite Owl?

Brad
Where?  Never heard of the place.

WBBear-
We have been trying to get to Powers Hamburgers for years and it was worth the wait.  The smell of fried onions was so strong, it hit us a good 10 feet from the door.  This was actually my girlfriend's favorite hamburger of the year.

Davydd
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 14:18:37
So I take it a pie is not a dessert but an essential staple food for the diet?
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 15:03:24
Davydd-
I couldn't have said it better myself!

mar52-
I sure to someone from SoCal, the pico de gallo is commonplace.  But, to someone from the frigid Northeast like me, it is exotic! 

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 15:27:44

Mint Chip

A mint flavored custard with dark chocolate chunks

Drumstick

Vanilla custard, loaded with chocolate cookie cone pieces, a ribbon of chocolate and lots of chopped nuts
Todays flavors at Kopps...glad to see we made it again on your list, BB!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 15:29:21
buffetbuster
mar52-
I sure to someone from SoCal, the pico de gallo is commonplace.  But, to someone from the frigid Northeast like me, it is exotic! 

Out here in Mexi-zona, you can buy the fruit seasoning in the grocery stores. The brand is Tajin, Salsa en polvo Fruit Seasoning. It contains dried Chili Peppers, Salt & Dehydrated Lime Juice. It's imported from Mexico by Mexilink, Houston TX, a major importer of Mexican Food Products with ties to US companies like Hersheys and Dannon. 
http://www.mexilink.com/
I suppose it's available all over the Southwest & California.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/13 15:34:52
Thanks Ann!  It really is for the best that I don't live anywhere near a Kopp's.  It would be so hard not to be there everyday.
stricken_detective
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/14 22:20:22
Last Friday their flavor was Nutcracker. Can you get picture texts on your phone?? lol
mr chips
Filet Mignon
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/15 03:25:30
Woow! The burgers and the non-pie desserts look sensational. I loved the Pico de Gallo from South tucson when i had it a few years ago.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/15 08:12:14
stricken_detective

Last Friday their flavor was Nutcracker. Can you get picture texts on your phone?? lol
What exactly is in Nutcracker?  And don't tell me nuts and crackers!

wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/15 08:23:53
Buffetbuster

I just noticed there is one item on your non pie dessert list that you left out and I'm extremely shocked....yes...shocked...I tell you.....that you left this item out " />....(hint - Richmond)
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/15 08:31:22
Sorry WJ, Carl's Frozen Custard didn't make the list!
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:My year in Roadfood (2010) 2010/12/15 08:39:30
buffetbuster

Sorry WJ, Carl's Frozen Custard didn't make the list!

I wasn't referring to the "rotten tomatoes" list, although I'm not certain if it would have even made my list if I had one this year....
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4