Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST?

Rabkin
  • Total Posts : 64
  • Reward points : 0
Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 8:44 AM
I was inspired to post this by the hellishly long wait I endured at our local Sonic drive through the other day.  And this is pretty well the norm for this particular Sonic (which is probably why I frequent it so, erm, infrequently), and I suspect the reason is that I've never once seen an adult on the premises (I refer to this as the Dairy Queen Phenomenon).  But Sonic's not the worst drive through 'round these parts.  Not by a long shot.

No, that decidedly dubious honor goes to none other than Steak 'n Shake.  And not just the one in my town, but, literally, every single Steak 'n Shake I've ever been to.  We're talking waits approaching 30 minutes.  When yours is the only vehicle in the queue.  (And, for the record, the dine in experience is no less hair-pullingly awful.)

On a lighter note: The best drive through, 'round these parts, anyway, would have to be either Wendy's or McDonald's.  At either place, the queue could seem to be off-puttingly long, but by and large, you're through in ten minutes or less (most of the time less).

So, how about where all of you live?  What's the best and what's the worst? 

plb
  • Total Posts : 1020
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 10:36 AM
Don't know.  I like to stretch my leg as often as possible.  So, I'll get out and go to the counter even for takeout.  What bugs me is when they give priority to drive throughs over us at the counter.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17809
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 10:57 AM
Ah, the Burger King in Gahanna, Ohio on a weekend seems to have just three people working, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say three people being paid. To be fair, I should point out that I stopped going near the place on weekends  months ago because of the interminable wait on each weekend visit.

Heartbreaksoup
  • Total Posts : 407
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 11:19 AM
Since Steak 'n Shake cooks to order, it stands to reason that theirs' would be a long wait at the drive-thru.  You waste a lot more gas idling for your order there than you do recranking the engine after you go inside for an order.

MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 1929
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 11:48 AM
Undoubtedly (and consistently), the fastest drive-thru I've ever witnessed is Chick-Fil-A.  At least the location I frequent.  Never any service problems. 

When to comes to SLOW,  my slick scalp is the result of pulling my hair out at SONIC and Church's.

In fact, SONIC #1067 in East Ridge, Tennessee should win the International Slow-As-Molasses Speed of Service Medal.  I nominate them every year!  Slowest drive-thru in the world. 

SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 12:46 PM
I have learned to always check my order before I pull out from a drive-thru (regardless of how many cars are behind me). Nothing worse then getting home and your order is not right.

joerogo
  • Total Posts : 4463
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 1:07 PM
What's a fast food drive-thru?

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 1:27 PM
I rarely, if ever, use fast food drive-thru's. A rule of thumb that I have followed (based on careful observation) is that if there are two or more cars on line, it's just as fast or faster to park, walk in, and take out than it is to go through the drive-thru, and you can see the specials.

Bart

MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/13/10 2:54 PM
SassyGritsAL:  You have learned well from Joe Pesci, Grasshopper.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7593
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 10:15 AM
Once in awhile I like Jadk in the Box tacos.

For the most part all of those in West Los Angeles are fairly fast.

I won't go back to the Overland/Venice Bl location.  You order, you pay and then they as you to pull up front so they can serve the line behind you.

It's great for those in the rear, but they seem to forget the car that has moved out of the way to WAIT.

It happened twice and won't happen again.

jman
  • Total Posts : 1275
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 10:52 AM
Service at our local Sonic is very good.  The waits are minimal, but more importantly, they act like they are happy to have you as a customer.

David_NYC
  • Total Posts : 2162
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 11:25 AM
mar52

I won't go back to the Overland/Venice Bl location.  You order, you pay and then they as you to pull up front so they can serve the line behind you.

I couldn't quite picture that scenario. So, I pulled up the location on Google maps street views. There are two great views, one for Venice and one for Overland.

Write to Jack in the Box and give them this suggestion: Make the order taker at the drive-in window wear a dog shock collar. If they ask a customer to pull up to the front (where are you going to park, in the auto parts store parking area?), they have to give the remote control transmitter to the customer. If the drive through staff forgets about you, "Press The Button".

mar52
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 11:37 AM
That is great that you could Google the location.  Yes, they have you pull up in front of that auto parts store.  I'm always there after hours so I wonder where they'd have you wait during the day.

Love your suggestion.

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 10:04 PM
Just a couple of observations. If you are 5 cars back in a Mcdonalds drive-thru you are expected by their powers that be to driving away with your stuff in just about 4 minutes. Of course things can vary depending on what the people ahead of you are ordering. Their newer fancy coffee drinks have really slowed things down. Speaking of Sonic I went through there's a couple of weekends ago at a little over 3 minutes and another time at just under 2 minutes.  Both times at Sonic there was no one ahead of me. I get paid to time these things so have to record accurate timings.

stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 10:11 PM
Culver's also cooks to order. But I know that going in.

SONIC is BY FAR the worst. ESPECIALLY during Happy Hour. Half price drinks between 2pm-4pm. Ok. So why does it take them 10 minutes to prepare 4 drinks? Why aren't they ready before I pull up to the window? We only get half an hour for lunch. You can expect to wait AT LEAST 10 minutes at Sonic.

McDonalds is also pretty bad. Again, we get half an hour for lunch. So if they mess up on your order, there's really no way to turn around & go back.

No matter when you roll up, whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, they have this horrible recording that comes on. It asks if it can take your order, so you say, "Yeah, can I get an Egg McMuffin with no ham and a milk?"

WITHOUT FAIL, a live person comes on & says, "MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER?" or "You want a Sausage Biscuit with Cheese and a Coke?"

So one time when I went to pay, I handed the girl a box of Q-Tips from the travel section at Walgreens. She asked me what they were for & I told her "SO YOU CAN CLEAN THE $#!+ OUT OF YOUR EARS!!!!"

^^not really. But I really really REALLY want to.

ces1948
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Tue, 12/14/10 10:26 PM
Not to get off the subject but I think I saw my first automated fountain drink dispenser through the Mcdonalds drive-thru window. I saw it drop the correct size cup size down, fill it with ice, spin it around under the correct favor drink, fill it, spin it around further and slap a lid on it. Amazing

Heartbreaksoup
  • Total Posts : 407
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Wed, 12/15/10 11:04 AM
Does anybody remember that "song" from the old Dr. Demento show about the guy trying to order a cheeseburger, onion rings and a large orange drink from the drive-through and only getting a Peanuts-like "WAHHH WAAHH WAHHH" back?  Who did that?

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Wed, 12/15/10 12:04 PM
Heartbreaksoup

Does anybody remember that "song" from the old Dr. Demento show about the guy trying to order a cheeseburger, onion rings and a large orange drink from the drive-through and only getting a Peanuts-like "WAHHH WAAHH WAHHH" back?  Who did that?

Could this be what you are talking about?  (Scroll down to #9):
http://dmdb.org/cgi-bin/plinfo.pl?drd77l.1120.html

stricken_detective
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Wed, 12/15/10 9:29 PM
Heartbreaksoup

This was on Beavis & Butthead as well.

You can also enjoy this monologue from my mother every time she explains why she hates drive thru's. To her, a meal is an event, and you must get out of the car to enjoy it. Me? I'd go to a drive thru gyno if I could.

I work with a woman who hates going through the drive through. She leans halfway out of her truck & speaks loudly, slowly & clearly. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life. "I   WOULD   LIKE   TO  GET    A  CHICKEN   SANDWICH   WITH   NOOOOOO    M A Y O N N A I S E!!!!!"

6star
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Wed, 12/15/10 10:51 PM
"I work with a woman who hates going through the drive through. She leans halfway out of her truck & speaks loudly, slowly & clearly. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life. "I   WOULD   LIKE   TO  GET    A  CHICKEN   SANDWICH   WITH   NOOOOOO    M A Y O N N A I S E!!!!!"

Don't be laughing too hard.  Around here, speaking loudly, slowly & clearly is the only way you are guaranteed you will get food that is even close to what you have ordered!  As a result, I don't do drive-throughs ever.

MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 6:39 AM
Even with a trained speaking voice, I've found drive-thru intercoms problematic -- particularly when speaking loudly, slowly, and clearly.  If there's even a hint of trouble, I simply stop talking and proceed to the window and order there.  Most often, the problem is poor engineering & electronics; other times, employees who are as unintelligible as John Moschitta. 

charlottesailor
  • Total Posts : 43
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 7:23 AM
Any place that cooks the food when you order it has the worst drive thru lines.  The worst is In and Out's (not the food, that's always good) drive thru lines.  I once was in line over 20 minutes to get an order of fries.  Unless there is no line or only one or two cars in any drive thru I always find it much quicker to park the car and go inside.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 8:37 AM
I rarely go to the drive thru's at fast food places.I honestly think it is just as fast, in most cases, to get out of the car and go in to order. I usually dont have a time constraint, however, like some people. But, in keeping with the question, I found Sonic to be the longest wait.And to me, the food was NOT worth that kind of wait.
<message edited by annpeeples on Thu, 12/16/10 8:40 AM>

mar52
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 10:15 AM
What bugs me the most when taking my mother through the drive through at McDonald's for her four double cheeseburgers is that every single time we go, she insists that I tell them that the order is to go and that she doesn't want mayonnaise.

PapaJoe8
  • Total Posts : 5504
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 11:00 AM
There is a REAL funny deal on the net about a make beleive sign at the SnS drive through. It would be realy neat if someone smarter than me could post the link here. It comes right up w/ a google for;

steak n shake drive through sign

It's a hoot! And there is much that folks here need to know about how to behave at any drive through.

I myself have never had a prob at a drive through. I do however make sure the person handing me my order tells me what I am getting. If they can't do that I park and go inside. And I then get to meet the manager.
Joe

Tony Bad
  • Total Posts : 5114
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 11:06 AM
annpeeples

I rarely go to the drive thru's at fast food places.I honestly think it is just as fast, in most cases, to get out of the car and go in to order. I usually dont have a time constraint, however, like some people. But, in keeping with the question, I found Sonic to be the longest wait.And to me, the food was NOT worth that kind of wait.

I agree! Typically at lunch tiime one of the local places I stop at has a drive up line wrapping all around the building while there may only be one or twp people inside. I usually watch the car I would have been behind and rarely can I recall when the drive thru beat me.

fishtaco
  • Total Posts : 740
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 3:34 PM
I hate the drive thru, use it very seldom.

6star
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 3:35 PM
PapaJoe8

There is a REAL funny deal on the net about a make beleive sign at the SnS drive through. It would be realy neat if someone smarter than me could post the link here. It comes right up w/ a google for;

steak n shake drive through sign

It's a hoot! And there is much that folks here need to know about how to behave at any drive through.

Joe

http://mzrc.xanga.com/662261318/sign-to-be-posted-outside-on-the-steaknshake-drive-thru-menu/

felix4067
  • Total Posts : 3289
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 4:26 PM
I haven't noticed one chain over another being better or worse, but definitely it varies by location!  Some employees are good, others are not so good.  Although from this discussion I guess y'all are only talking about speed rather than accuracy, and speed completely depends on whether or not they've got a bunch of food sitting under a heat lamp or have to make it after you order.

Wabbit
  • Total Posts : 477
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/16/10 7:41 PM
Do to my job,  I often have to pick up lunch for my co-workers.. I work with the public and they are in a hurry also.. There are day's my company will "buy our lunch" . as we can't leave to take one. I will walk in to make the order as it is a large order. I do look at the Drive - Thru line.. and count the cars.. I think it has to do with the staff. The line at Cook -Out here is really quite fast, The Sonic .. not to great. If I am by myself.. more than Two cars at Wendy's .. I am going inside. The "Shock Collar" love it!!

tkitna
  • Total Posts : 620
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 2:56 AM
My local Dairy Queen has the longest wait and most expensive food, but its also the best food so it kind of gets a free pass.

McDonalds and Wendys has the quickest in my area.

collinf
  • Total Posts : 159
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 9:29 AM
For all the things they do wrong, one thing McDonald's does do right is drive-thru service.  Or even inside service, for the most part.  They are quick, efficicent and accurate 99% of the time.

felix4067
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 11:55 AM
collinf

For all the things they do wrong, one thing McDonald's does do right is drive-thru service.  Or even inside service, for the most part.  They are quick, efficicent and accurate 99% of the time.

You've never been to the one by my house. 

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4712
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 12:44 PM
mar52

What bugs me the most when taking my mother through the drive through at McDonald's for her four double cheeseburgers is that every single time we go, she insists that I tell them that the order is to go and that she doesn't want mayonnaise.

Are you sure it's your mother and not Michael Hoffman?

Brad

bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 6:35 PM
ces1948
Just a couple of observations. If you are 5 cars back in a Mcdonalds drive-thru you are expected by their powers that be to driving away with your stuff in just about 4 minutes. Of course things can vary depending on what the people ahead of you are ordering.

In New Jersey, if you are the 2nd car in line, you MIGHT get out in 4 minutes. As a matter of habit, when I go into a fast food restaurant for take-out, I check to see what the car at the end of the line is, and how many cars back it is, and look to see where (or if) it is on the way out. That is how I got my estimates.

Bart

bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 6:39 PM
mar52

My wife has been served mayonnaise on sandwiches which are not supposed to have mayonnaise, so I can see that; insisting to say it's "to go" is, however, illogical. What does she think the alternative is?

Bart

MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/17/10 11:01 PM
mar52

Mar52: That's a hoot!  But does your mother really order 4 double cheeseburgers?

mar52
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sat, 12/18/10 12:14 AM
Oh, Yes.

Mom freezes her double cheeseburgers and thinks she's having a balanced meal when she nukes one.

felix4067
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sat, 12/18/10 1:36 AM
In her defense, McDonald's double cheeseburgers are really small...other than the two patties they're the same size as a regular cheeseburger at Burger King.

Rt66Mike
  • Total Posts : 155
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sat, 12/18/10 9:51 AM
That used to be true about Steak N' Shake, but from my experience, it is no longer - I can get in and out of SnS these days just as fast as Jack In the Box, BK, etc.  Over the last year or so, they have made growing their Drive-Thru business a major focus, and they have lowered prices considerably to where you can now get much better quality food for about the same as McDonalds, BK, etc.

I have had many bad experiences at Rally's - waiting in excess of 10 minutes for food; Hardees is usually really bad in that department, too.

PapaJoe8
  • Total Posts : 5504
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sat, 12/18/10 2:42 PM
6star, thanks for the link back on P1 of the make beleive SnS drive thru sign!!! It's worth a read yall. :~))
Joe

senor boogie woogie
  • Total Posts : 225
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sun, 12/19/10 3:54 AM
I know that a lot of people love Sonic for whatever reason, but I  really dislike the place. The problem is not the food perse (although I don't think it's anything special), but it does take a long time to get the food, and I don't want to sit in their parking lot. We had one of those "drive in" type ones near my college where one goes to the box, orders the food and just sit there in the lot in your car. The placer had no bathroom and they did not allow people to come inside their place. I don't know how the place made it through the winter. In my 5 years of school there, I only may have been in there once or twice, literally. I went to another one in Jackson, Mississippi that was so sloooooow that I didn't bother with it again.

The fastest service are the fast food places in the suburbs and the rural areas. The worst service will be in the urban areas of any city. Look at the people who run the place. Individual managers and their staff makes the process good or bad. Fast food is filled with minimum wage people, most of whom are resentful about being worked so hard for such small amounts of money. When I was out there making 6-7 bucks an hour, I only did as much work as I had to and no more. So did everyone else. The jerk who was a "hard worker" is hated by his collegues because of the fact that the rest of the staff will be then expected to reach his level.

I have never done drive-thru, but supposedly, it is the most hated part of the job, having to try to hear people talk through those stupid boxes, to dealing with jerkwad people, to mean kids doing "fire in the hole" trick by throwing the food back to the worker occasionally. Then there are the weirdoes who smoke dope in the car, go up there with no clothes on, are insane or drunk in the first place, claiming to not get the right food, people who will try to rip off the cashier, not to mention kids who vandalize the equipment or other practical jokes. I think a thinking man would mourn at the state of our humanity if he was forced to work in some McDonalds drive through somewhere in California or Humpduck, South Dakota, China or the Moon.

Most people hate working in the food industry, again because of the extremely hard work, the miserable public, the massive turnover and very little opportunity (unless you are a black, female, lesbian war veteran with one leg). Also, think about how many people have had their mouth on that fork in that restaurant that you had lunch. They have medicines out there that stop the heartburn, stops the farting, stops the depression and the pain of human existance. But people working for Ronald the Clown cannot afford that.

It is also usually faster to get out of the car and come into the restaurant itself. I believe that the person who is face to face with the worker gets better service than the drive-thru. There are better stores than others of a particular franchise.

I would last say that every obese person in the World should be required to travel to Chicago, Illinois, find the grave of Ray Kroc and urinate on his grave. I am sure many past employees have.

MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sun, 12/19/10 6:36 AM
Hey, no defense necessary regarding Mar52's mom.  Mothers are fun, hers is clearly no exception, and indeed that was the spirit of my question. 

MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sun, 12/19/10 6:42 AM
senor boogie woogie

...unless you are a black, female, lesbian war veteran with one leg...

<message edited by MellowRoast on Sun, 12/19/10 6:47 AM>

bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/20/10 7:50 PM
mar52

Mom freezes her double cheeseburgers and thinks she's having a balanced meal when she nukes one.

She is absolutely wrong. You have to nuke TWO of them for a balanced meal.

Bart

bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 12/20/10 7:55 PM
MellowRoast
senor boogie woogie
...unless you are a black, female, lesbian war veteran with one leg...

Because of various affirmative action laws, being the member of an oppressed group (or a veteran), you get extra "points" when getting promotions or, sometimes, positions. For example, a relative of mine got a BA in Law (John Jay) and a perfect score on all his tests when he applied to become a New York City police officer. Unfortunately, there were enough people with better than perfect scores, due to added points, to keep him from getting a position.

Bart

Rabkin
  • Total Posts : 64
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Thu, 12/23/10 8:50 PM
stricken_detective

So one time when I went to pay, I handed the girl a box of Q-Tips from the travel section at Walgreens. She asked me what they were for & I told her "SO YOU CAN CLEAN THE $#!+ OUT OF YOUR EARS!!!!"

Heh.  Sounds like a sure fire way to get a dollop of their special Hollandaise sauce over the whole of your order, no charge, if you get my meaning. 

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/24/10 10:04 AM
In the rush of shopping chores, etc, I decided to grab a burger from the drive-in at a certain McDonald's where the parking lot connects via an alley to the next store I needed to visit.  This one is not known for great service, but as I said, the location was convenient. I drove up to where the ordering microphone and speaker used to be, and saw that signs and pavement markings indicated that there were now two service lanes. (?)  So, I went to the right-hand one and placed my order.  Then I proceeded forward, around the corner... and found out that THE TWO LANES HAD TO MERGE INTO ONE.  What an incredibly bad idea.  I was in my truck, so I bulled my way in front of a car full of teenagers.

You can believe me when I say I will avoid that one as much as possible!

ces1948
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/24/10 10:37 AM
The double ordering lanes merging into a single pay/pickup lane at Mcdonalds is very common around here. I honestly don't see the point and to me it just causes problems. You can bet some corporate pinhead figured out they could push 2.7 burgers more an hour using that method.

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Fri, 12/24/10 7:04 PM
Rabkin

stricken_detective

Heh.  Sounds like a sure fire way to get a dollop of their special Hollandaise sauce over the whole of your order, no charge, if you get my meaning. 

Yeah, NEVER bug your servers BEFORE you get your food!

stricken_detective
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sat, 12/25/10 4:40 PM
MiamiDon

Rabkin

stricken_detective

Yeah, NEVER bug your servers BEFORE you get your food!

Yeah, I would never. I really really REALLY want to though. Their lunch crew is the worst ever.

Hardee's takes a long time, too, but like Culvers, I know they didn't make my order until they heard me ordering it, so if I go there, I know it's a 10 minute committment.

SeamusD
  • Total Posts : 939
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Wed, 12/29/10 11:55 PM
The most problems I ever had with drive thru service was Wendy's in Columbus, OH. Even the one right on the corner from the corporate office in Dublin. Some of the people were downright rude, like asking for a couple extra ketchup packets would earn me a huff and rolled eyes. The most I ever get from anywhere around here is just indifference. Oh, and the people getting shot in the drivethroughs, that bugs me also.

angeltearsmc
  • Total Posts : 319
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Sun, 03/6/11 10:20 PM
Regional chain: Pal's in east Tennessee EASILY has the best drive-thru service I've ever experienced.  Efficient, polite, and always accurate (I believe the chain, overall, has been given a 99% accuracy grade or something to that effect!).  The line might look long, but you won't wait as long as you'd think.
National chain: Chick-Fil-A, for the same reason as I mentioned for Pal's.  I think CFA is definitely doing something right in their business operations - you can see the effects in every location they own.

Worst drive-thru service?  McDonald's.  I never pull away from their window without thoroughly checking my order, no matter how many cars are behind me waiting.  9 times out of 10, they've forgotten an item or given me the wrong thing (most often giving me sweet tea, when I specify UNsweet.)

I can't comment on wait times at most places, because if the line looks semi-long, I'll park and go in... takes just as long (or often, less time) than wasting my gas idling in the drive-thru lane!

jman
  • Total Posts : 1275
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? - Mon, 03/7/11 6:56 AM
Re: McD's Double lane.

In our little town, we have two McD's.  One has a single lane, the other a double lane.  The one with the double lane is probably three times faster than the one with the single lane.