Another lovely dinner @ Irene's Cuisine (NOLA)

BT
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Reward points : 0
Another lovely dinner @ Irene's Cuisine (NOLA) - Tue, 12/21/10 11:13 PM
So if you were spending just one evening in NOLA as I am on my way to Florida for the Holidays, where would YOU eat?

I didn't want to dress up or spend too awful much, but I wanted some great creole food so I chose Irene's, a particular favorite of mine.  As usual, I passed on the standard menu and had 2 of the evening's specials:  andouille/sweet potato soup and a bone-in loin pork chop stuffed with chorizo, apples and walnuts and sauced with a port reduction, spinach and more sweet potatoes-- with pecans--on the side.  I washed it down with 2 glasses of house Riesling

Desert was raisinless bread pudding sharing the plate with a small order of bananas Foster and a couple of cups of Irene's great coffee.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7609
Re:Another lovely dinner @ Irene's Cuisine (NOLA) - Tue, 12/21/10 11:16 PM
I'd eat at the Chef's Station seating at Emeril's.  I just love watching the chefs preparing the meals.

I'd also have to book the reservations a good deal ahead of time.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7609
Re:Another lovely dinner @ Irene's Cuisine (NOLA) - Tue, 12/21/10 11:17 PM
Then if my flight was cancelled I'd eat at Antoine's making a meal of Oysters Bienvelle and Rockefeller and something else I'd have to choose when given the menu.

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9581
Re:Another lovely dinner @ Irene's Cuisine (NOLA) - Wed, 12/22/10 1:35 AM
Just one evening?? Then it's Pascals Manele for me. Nothing fancy, just good eats.
Combination Pan Roast-Oysters and crabmeat chopped in a blend of shallots and parsley seasonings.
Turtle Soup
Original Pascal's Barbeque Shrimp-The specialty of the house prepared in a spicy and tangy sauce.
Bread Pudding
OOOPS! Almost forgot---TONS of French Bread for Sopping up!
<message edited by Foodbme on Wed, 12/22/10 1:42 AM>

crew84row
  • Total Posts : 173
Re:Another lovely dinner @ Irene's Cuisine (NOLA) - Wed, 12/22/10 9:13 AM
mar52

Then if my flight was cancelled I'd eat at Antoine's making a meal of Oysters Bienvelle and Rockefeller and something else I'd have to choose when given the menu.

If I were delayed at the airport, I'd head for Drago's in Metairie for the charbroiled oysters.  Much closer than heading all the way downtown or the FQ to eat.