Best Pastrami in NYC:Daily News Reader's Poll

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
  • Reward points : 0
Best Pastrami in NYC:Daily News Reader's Poll - Tue, 02/8/11 8:00 PM
According to New York City readers of the Daily News: The Best Pastrami is at Basin Mill in Brooklyn. Katz's second. Let the arguing begin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localnyc/best-of-new-york-mill-basin-deli-takes-top-pastrami-honors-katzs-deli-and-loesers-deli-follow

No Carnegie at all....
<message edited by leethebard on Tue, 02/8/11 8:05 PM>

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17816
Re:Best Pastrami in NYC:Daily News Reader's Poll - Tue, 02/8/11 9:08 PM
Living as I do in the Columbus, Ohio area any pastrami anywhere else has to be better than what is available locally now that the only Kosher market closed.

the ancient mariner
  • Total Posts : 3987
Re:Best Pastrami in NYC:Daily News Reader's Poll - Wed, 02/9/11 2:09 PM
In the 80's I designed a great kitchen for a family who just happened to make 90% of all the pastrami for all the delis in NYC.  They were the Pastrami Kings of NY.  They sold the same pastrami to everyone--none of the well known delis made their own, it was too much trouble. 

So when they said they made their own they were telling a little white lie---they made the sandwich not the meat---- but  SO WHAT  it was great no matter where you bought  it.  Delicious stuff......

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Best Pastrami in NYC:Daily News Reader's Poll - Fri, 02/11/11 4:56 PM
My favorite pastrami is not in New York at all, but at Harold's New York Deli in Edison, NJ (not to be confused with the OTHER Harold's New York Deli's; the one in Parsipanny is not bad, but the one in Lyndhurst is is beneath contempt). You can actually taste the smoky flavor.

Bart