THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network.

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15062
  • Reward points : 0
THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Wed, 02/23/11 8:54 PM
Bill Armbrecht, Owner-Operator of the Mobile, Alabama BRICK PIT BBQ told me yesterday that a Canadian camera crew will be spending a few days in the warm Gulf-Shore sun later this month. His establishment, long a favorite of many Roadfooders and the central focus of a 'Glee-Club' President's Day Weekend in 2008, will be covered in one  episode of a 13 part series on the Canadian Food Network to be aired next Spring (2012).
   Bill promises to furnish more details as the taping approaches, but says to all his friends on this site that the attention drawn to his business from the program won't change his warm welcome to the Roadfood folks who have always enjoyed the quality of his BBQ !!!
  More notes to follow as information comes in---

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9548
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 1:27 AM
There's a Canadian Food Network?????? Yep, I guess there is!: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/index.html
Looks like mostly the US Shows with a sprinkle of Canadian Shows thrown in.
Since many Canadians, like Canadian Geese, migrate to the Gulf Coast, Southwest and Southern USA in the winter, I would think it would help his business a little bit. Can't hurt.
We get quite a few people from the Western Provences in AZ in the Winter. Many are buying property down here with the lower prices and favorable exchange rates.
<message edited by Foodbme on Fri, 02/25/11 1:40 AM>

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13386
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 7:23 AM
I plan on being in NOLA mid March for the Roadfood thing.  I understand the Brick Pit will be there.  I will definately stand in line for their BBQ.  It is odd that a place this good has made a great living out of a old house.  The Glee Club certainly enjoyed it in 2008.
http://www.brickpit.com/

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9776
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 7:44 AM
Congrats to Bill Armbrecht and The Brick Pit.  A great guy with even better food.  The Brick Pit is on my short list of best bbq joints in the country.

Last year, I had a friend move from South Carolina to Houston.  She asked me if there was any must eats on the drive.  Of course, I told her she had to go The Brick Pit.  A few days later I got a text from her exclaiming it the best bbq she has ever had.  Considering she is originally from Memphis, that is high praise!

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 9:19 AM
Sorry, but the Brick Pit will not be serving food in NOLA this year.

Sundancer7

I plan on being in NOLA mid March for the Roadfood thing.  I understand the Brick Pit will be there.  I will definately stand in line for their BBQ.  It is odd that a place this good has made a great living out of a old house.  The Glee Club certainly enjoyed it in 2008.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Sundancer7
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 10:45 AM
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Sorry, but the Brick Pit will not be serving food in NOLA this year.

Sundancer7

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

What happened?  I thought I read on the site that they would be there??

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 11:54 AM
Paul, you must have seen it when last years info was still posted.

Sundancer7
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Fri, 02/25/11 12:23 PM
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Paul, you must have seen it when last years info was still posted.

Stephen you are correct.  Sorry and I was looking forward to his BBQ.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

mayor al
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Wed, 06/22/11 6:39 PM
UPDATE-The BRICK PIT BBQ on MAN vs FOOD NATION !!!!

I talked to Bill Armbrecht, Owner of the BRICK PIT BBQ in Mobile, AL today.  He gave me a "Heads Up" for next weeks  broadcast on the Travel Network of MAN VS FOOD NATION, His BBQ Stand, long one of our favorites and reviewed well here on Roadfood, will be featured in the visit to that area by the program "Stars".  Bill hopes to hear good reviews about the show as the series covers his establishment and then the reruns carry the message on again during the replays the series is noted for. If you get the chance to watch the program, please take a minute and send an email to Bill with your comments. He is looking for feedback about how they cover his business. 
    My son and grandson visited Bill's place a couple of weeks ago and were greeted like celebrities themselves, much to the delight of both of them. Bill is a great guy and serves some of the best 'Que we have found in Alabama !

plb
  • Total Posts : 1020
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Wed, 06/22/11 9:36 PM
Now you tell me! I was in Mobile two days ago and Brick Pit was the only official Roadfood place I did not get to. I had so so BBQ at Dreamland, so so oysters at Wintzells, and a good dog at Dew Drop Inn.

mayor al
Re:THE BRICK PIT BBQ Gets a 30 minute Segment on Canadian Food Network. - Thu, 06/23/11 5:54 AM
PLB- Sorry about your 'so-so' experiences. Hopeully on your next visit, you'll get the chance to enjoy the BRICK PIT !!!