Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan

Author
analei
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 541
2011/03/01 11:45:23 (permalink)

Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan

A group of us ladies went up to Boyne for the weekend, and on the way back we stopped this place where they had been before, but it was all new to me, and frankly, I was a bit mortified and enthralled by it.

I like the ambiance of the place, very lively and fast moving and PACKED with people and the waitstaff was was pleasant, but I was mind boggled by the food portion of the meal.

One friend ordered a pastrami sandwich and the other a turkey club. Each seemed to have a pound of meat stuffed between well butted bread. I ordered a large beef burrito which was who knows, maybe a pound of meat stuff into a large flour tortilla. 

It was enourmous. We all took doggie bags, but i noticed some people eating this massive quantities of food in a short time. The food is rich.

The girls told me the restaurant was featured the Food Network Channel..Man vs. Food? I do not know as I do not subscribe to cable.

Has anyone else eaten at Tony I-75 restaurant?

6 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18360
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan 2011/03/01 13:23:24 (permalink)
    I never have been there, but it sure sounds like a place I'd enjoy. Were you in Boyne to ski?
    Foodosaurus
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 622
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan 2011/03/01 13:25:58 (permalink)
    I think that is the place that puts over a pound of bacon on their BLTs.
    analei
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan 2011/03/01 13:54:18 (permalink)
    @Michael Hoffman --  No skiing..one of the friends lives up there. I would have liked to have done some outdoorsy stuff, but no one else wanted to go for even a simple walk. I love the natural scenery.

I think you would. I was amazed at how fast they move due the volume of people in there, and the food tasted good. It was LOTS.  I recommend it.

@Foodosaurus: Indeed, that is it is..a pound of bacon in their BLT. One of women ordered single order of fries..more than enough for three people. The banana split has a half gallon of ice cream in it!!!!
    pudd750
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan 2011/10/20 20:20:09 (permalink)
    the french fries are  like one quart  full - and theres free  wrapped hard candy on your way out ---amazing to see a place busy as Tonys  is , but big enough  that its not a problem  getting a seat
    MobileCuisine
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 63
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan 2012/01/27 11:00:10 (permalink)
    It's been years since I went there. It was originated as a truck diner to attract long haul truckers. They could order a sandwich and fries, and have two or three meals to take on the road up North with them.

-MC
    redfox1939
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan 2012/10/11 03:22:25 (permalink)
    If you go to this restaurant you should go expecting very large portions ......so you either go when you are very hungry or share your meal with you're family or friends ....doggybag is the other option. Do not go if you are watching you diet......portions are huge and very fattening. Take a camera......or use your phone to take pictures.

It's all here!!
    post edited by redfox1939 - 2012/10/11 03:23:29
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1