IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles!

Porterhouse
2011/03/01 19:14:57
Today is Free Pancake Day at IHOP. As someone stated, it's to raise money for a good cause and that's a good thing,---- BUT----I got a Coupon in the mail today announcing their newest Entree----Chicken & Waffles! They've entered the Sacred Domain of Soul Food Joints everywhere. A POX upon them! I seriously doubt they can top places like Lo's Lo's Chicken & Waffles. Who knows, they may even help the business of Soul Food places by raising the Awareness of an often maligned American Classic
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/01 19:31:15
Perhaps they can or perhaps they can't.  I will try them and let you know.

Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN
ces1948
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/01 21:41:06
I like chicken and I like waffles but not together.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/02 14:23:55
I did a spin on C&W last week. Made Chicken and French Toast. Used thick cut potato bread for the French Toast.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/04 22:13:05
Neat! I saw tha TV ads today. Yes, I think it will help the places where C&W started.
Joe
SassyGritsAL
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/11 12:22:48
Most of the chicken and waffles dinners I have seen use chicken wings, the ones at IHOP look like fried chicken tenders (the ones kids are crazy about).
MellowRoast
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/11 13:18:31
You're right, SassyGritsAL, they're chicken tenders (served with a honey mustard dipping sauce) alongside waffles that are dubiously cut into quarters.  Not exactly the iconic chicken & waffle experience.  So I ordered a breakfast sampler instead.

post edited by MellowRoast - 2011/03/30 06:32:19
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:IHOP's Gone Crazy! Now serving Chicken and Waffles! 2011/03/11 13:53:14
SassyGritsAL

Most of the chicken and waffles dinners I have seen use chicken wings, the ones at IHOP look like fried chicken tenders (the ones kids are crazy about).

The GOOD C & W places offer you a choice, like the Famous--------
http://www.loloschickenandwaffles.com/menu.php