World class Hot BBQ sauce at home

I call it our Volcano sauce, here's the recipe. I started with 2 gallons of my Old Fashioned sauce, so you need to figure out a smaller portion. Use your favorite sweet Tomato BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's is good. I added 1 17 oz. bottle of Sriacha sauce and 2 cups of cider vinegar, simmer till blended, stir frequently, adjust to your heat needs...this is seriously good hot bbq sauce, let me know what you think!
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 15:04:58
I will check the local Supermarkets to see if they sell the gallon sized jugs of Sweet Baby Ray's
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 16:00:52
Heck TJ........no need todo that.  All you have to do is cut the reciped down to size.  Interestingly enough , I made some this morning and it is really good!
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 17:07:38
Are you saying that the recipe was more useful to you and your family when cut down to portion more suited to a family?
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 18:11:09
You are merely trying to stir up trouble.  Your question is not worthy of a response.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 18:18:48
This thread got a little out of hand and had to be slightly reduced.  Please do not create further issues.

Thanks
Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 18:40:01
My friend Greymo reduced the amounts for me as I am too lazy to do so, regardless that i am a chef for a living. Post is gone...
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 18:51:31
annpeeples

My friend Greymo reduced the amounts for me as I am too lazy to do so, regardless that i am a chef for a living. Post is gone...

Here was what I pulled from the scrap heap...

greymo

Ann, I broke it down as follows: 

1 16 oz bottle of sweet barbeque sauce 
2 oz plus i teaspoon Sricha sauce 
2 oz. cider vinegar 

Sounds about right to me.  What do you think? 

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 19:29:39
Thanks, Tony.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 19:34:40
annpeeples

Thanks, Tony.

No problem, sadly some good often gets lost when threads go bad and get flushed.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:World class Hot BBQ sauce at home 2011/03/07 20:49:21
Looks like I missed all tha fun. Can we start again?

Oh well... does sound like a great spicy sauce Chewer!!!

And thanks for tha breakdown Greymo. For a milder version you could leave out the extra TSP of Sricha.

Oh, and thanks for bringing back tha breakdown Tony!
Joe