Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY Brians Backyard BBQ Wed March 16th - Report with pics

Benzee
  • Total Posts : 1872
  • Reward points : 0
Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY Brians Backyard BBQ Wed March 16th - Report with pics - Sat, 03/5/11 7:26 PM
Hello all ,
Brians Backyard BBQ  has been open about one month in Middletown NY on Rt 211 . Great reviews on both his food and  as the newest music venue in the Hudson Valley .
Weare going to have a lunch meet on either Wed . the 16th or 23rd . I have talked to Seaferer John , Brooklyn Bill and coney Island Lou and these dates work for them .
I have talked to Brian , the owner and pit master , who I have known most of my life and consider him a good friend .  He is prepared  for all roadfooders and will welcome us with open arms .
He is not a chain ,  just a guy with a dream , and the food speaks for itself .
Let me know if anyone else is interested and which wed works better for all

Benzee
<message edited by Benzee on Thu, 03/17/11 8:30 AM>

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Sat, 03/5/11 7:31 PM
Hello all ,
Noon  for a time to meet and we will not be rushed (:
Benzee

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Sun, 03/6/11 1:34 PM
Hello all ,
Wed March 16th Noon will be the date for the meet at Brians Backyard BBQ in Middletown NY
Benzee , Mrs Benzee and Nicholas
Seafarer John and Gail
Brooklyn Bill and  Ginny
Coney Island Lou

Eight so far lets make it a good turnout in Middletown !!!!!
PM me here of email to confirm benzee95@hotmail.com
Benzee

seafarer john
  • Total Posts : 3481
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Sun, 03/6/11 3:07 PM
Wednesday the 16th at noon is good for us. Please post directions.

Cheers, John 

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Sun, 03/6/11 3:42 PM
John .
Rt. 17 k to Rt. 211 is probably best for you . He is actually about 5 miles out of Middletown on Rt 211 , with Middletown address .

1665 Rt . 211 East Middletown NY
Phone # 845 692 3227
wwwbriansbackyardbbq.com

BrooklynBill
  • Total Posts : 187
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Fri, 03/11/11 6:10 PM
I plan on being there next Wednesday at 12:00. Ginny has a conflict and expects to join us later.
Bill

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Fri, 03/11/11 9:04 PM
Hello there ,
Great Brooklyn Bill , looking forward to sharing your company as always and hope Ginny can make it also
Benzee

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Tue, 03/15/11 9:34 AM
Hello all ,
Tommorrow is the day .
Meet at Brians Backyard BBQ at Noon
Rt. 211 East in Middletown NY
If you are in  the area stop in , Brian will set a seat aside for ya (:
Benzee

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Wed, 03/16/11 4:45 PM
Hello all ,
Great time today at Brians Backyard BBQ in Middletown NY .  I have difficullty posting pics on here so you can go to my FB page they are all postd there .
Attendees were
Benzee , Mrs Benzee and Nicholas
Seafarer John and Gail
Brooklyn Bill and Ginny
Coney Island Lou
Joe Rogo
All were expected except Joe who surprised us with his visit , always great seeing him  . He made quite a trip to surprise us !!
The food was outstanding . Three of us had the Pulled Pork Sandwich , fries and pickle wedge , And you could substitute the cole slaw for instead of fries . Outstanding sandwich !!
A few had the BBQ  Ribs , another outstanding choice , that we figured out it really did not matter everything tasted great .
My wife had the Burger and fries and commented it was the best she has had in yrs , and from a picky eater !! . She stated it tasted homemade like it was made on your "backyard BBQ " Yes it was !!
Brian the owner stepped out from the kitchen to say hello , and old friend of mine , who I'm happy to say has got the buzz going in Orange County for his food .
Open Nine weeks  now , they also have many Blues acts performing on the weekends and open mic nights during week .
Until next time it was another great meet with great friends !!
Benzee

ayersian
  • Total Posts : 897
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Wed, 03/16/11 6:25 PM
Benzee, I wish I could've been there with all of you!  Sounds like you had a grand time.  Hope all of you are coming to New Orleans next weekend for the big RF Festival!    Chris

joerogo
  • Total Posts : 4463
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Wed, 03/16/11 7:07 PM
It's always a great time meeting up with Benzee and Coney Island Lou.  It was also very nice to meet Seafarer John, Gail, Brooklyn Bill, Ginny, Mrs Benzee and Nicholas.(Note to self:  Must get cool screen name like John, Bill and Lou).

Since Benzee has issues with posting pics on this site, and I am terrible at taking pics.  I think we have a good arrangement here.  Benzee takes the pics and I post.

Outside Brian's

The pulled pork got rave reviews....

My ribs were very good, as were the sides....

Brooklyn Bill was enjoying his also...

Benzee, what the heck ya doin.  Wait until we are paying attention.....

OOOOH!  That's what you are doing.  Sorry Lou

Group shot.  Sitting: Ginny, Gail and Lou.  Standing: John, Bill, Benzee, Nicholas, NEPA Joe  Pittston Joe Ah, I'll work on that later.

Some people had to go to work and missed the exit shot

Lou and Benzee with the owner, Brian.

Gotta go, American Idol is on!
<message edited by joerogo on Wed, 03/16/11 9:05 PM>

TJ Jackson
  • Total Posts : 4482
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Wed, 03/16/11 7:41 PM
A good report until the last line, where (as is your custom) you coud not restrain yourself from taking a potshot.

(interesting - the potshot was edited out less than two hours after I posted.  I guess I should quote from now on)
<message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 03/21/11 5:18 PM>

joerogo
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Wed, 03/16/11 7:47 PM
TJ Jackson

A good report until the last line, where (as is your custom) you coud not restrain yourself from taking a potshot.

It was a joke TJ.  Are you feeling little again?
<message edited by joerogo on Wed, 03/16/11 8:08 PM>

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Wed, 03/16/11 9:37 PM
Hello all ,
A big thanks to Joe for  putting  my pics on  here . I love to take them but can never post them , Joe has the knack .
Anyone interested and are in the area just let me know I'm like 10 minutes from here .
Did I miss something else (:
Benzee

joerogo
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Thu, 03/17/11 8:14 AM
Hey Benzee, I'm leaving it up to you to organize the "Scranton Coney island Tour".  It's about 1 1/2 hours from Middletown.

We can have our own Coney Island Throw Down.  We'll start at the Cedar Ave Coney, and then cross the street to the lackawanna Ave Coney.

Benzee
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Thu, 03/17/11 8:28 AM
Joe ,
This sounds great buddy . I'm sure Coney Island Lou will be up for it also .
Thanks again it was great seeing you again yesterday
Benzee

seafarer john
  • Total Posts : 3481
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Thu, 03/17/11 10:06 AM
Brian was a welcoming host and his front of the house man took good care of us. The very good pulled pork was  slathered with a generous (maybe a bit too generous) amount of a sweetish mildly spicy red sauce that was a great compliment to the pork. A vinegary cole slaw was a good side dish. One small complaint; the coffee was awful, but they made up for that with a really tasty root beer on tap.

It is always a pleasure to meet with the folks who were there yesterday, and a special pleasure to meet up with Joe Rongo who none of us had expected to see.

Thanks to Benzee for steering us to Brian's BBQ, and thanks for the photos...

Cheers, John 
<message edited by seafarer john on Thu, 03/17/11 10:08 AM>

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4716
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Thu, 03/17/11 10:18 AM
Looks like a good time was had by all, even Suburban Scranton Joe.  Does Brian cut the fries in-house?

Brad

BrooklynBill
  • Total Posts : 187
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY at NEW Brians Backyard BBQ either Wed March 16th or 23 r - Thu, 03/17/11 2:49 PM

It was another fun get-together at a new place -- Brian’s Back Yard! It was also nice to meet joerogo. Keep that screen name, Joe. It’s a good one.
Ginny and I shared a half rack of ribs. We both found them to be excellent and felt that they compared favorably to those served at “the great” Don’s in Pooler, GA.
Thanks for the pictures Sandy, Benzee and Joe. They always put a satisfying cap on a day.
It is again nice to get together with fellow Roadfooders.

Bill

ConeyIslandLou
  • Total Posts : 737
Re:Roadfood Meet in Middletown NY Brians Backyard BBQ Wed March 16th - Report with pic - Thu, 03/17/11 9:28 PM
As always, great meeting such fine RF people for a bite! What was funny was that when I walked in with SF John and BB, Brian came up and shook my hand - turns out he knew me from my softball umpiring! Small world. Real good to see Rogo making an effort to stop by - and yes, lets DO that Scranton throw down! And soon - I need to stop at a Wegmans for my Zweigles/Hoffman fix!

Excellent pulled pork, the fries were good - but its always hard to tell if they are hand cut or not - there are a lot of ersatz hand cut LOOKING frozen ones out there!And last but not least - EXCELLENT  on tap root beer - made with real sugar, of course!

Brians is a definite stop - and next time it will da RIBS!