In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk"

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 60 of 162
BuddyRoadhouse
  • Total Posts : 4074
  • Reward points : 0
In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 2:12 AM
I've been talking about this tour (since last year for cryin' out loud!) for a while and I reckon it's time to take some action.

The concept on this one is to celebrate Chicago food eaten outdoors.  Granted, we don't have many actual food trucks here, yet.  But we do have lot's of places serving good food that needs to be taken away for dining purposes.  I'm thinking about a smoked fish stop (specific location TBD), a Sonoran Hot Dog stop, a Banh Mi stop, a visit to the Cuban and Puerto Rican food trailers in Humboldt Park, and a grand finale with a revisit to La Palapa for extraordinary Mexican seafood eaten in the shadow of a giant fiberglass great white shark.

I need to get this on my calendar ASAP so I can schedule the Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour around it.  So, whaddaya think Contingent--which weekend in May works best for the most people?  I'm thinking either of the last two weekends before Memorial Day--as long as it doesn't conflict with JRPfeff's Smoke Day event.

I know not everybody is hanging out as much here at Roadfood, so maybe we can send out some PMs.  But let's keep the discussion public, here on this thread so we all know what's going on in a central location.

Hope to hear from you all real soon!

Buddy

chicagostyledog
  • Total Posts : 3218
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 8:29 AM
May 21/22 won't work for us (NRA National Restaurant Show). A great stop for outstanding fried shrimp is the Red Hot Ranch on Western Avenue, down the block from Margie's Candies. Nina and I ate there last night. Red Hot Ranch is owned by 35th Street Dogs and the Wiener's Circle. Red Hot Ranch offers outdoor dining with picnic tables.

pnwchef
  • Total Posts : 2234
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 8:42 AM
CSD, are you set up with your cart at the show, or just samples of everything Vienna makes. I can't make it to the show this year, but will try to get their next year. I would like my first Chicago style dog to be from the "Master of the game"..........Hope your doing well...............................PNWC

chicagostyledog
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 9:45 AM
PNWC, my cart is propane powered and not allowed indoors. However, Vienna Beef will have some electric carts serving samples. Hope to see you next year.

Take care,

Mark

JRPfeff
  • Total Posts : 2368
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 11:02 AM
Buddy - Avoid Memorial Day weekend for the tour.  Aside from that, I think at least some of the JR-Divas can join in on whatever day you end up choosing.
jrp

abe_froeman
  • Total Posts : 694
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 11:49 AM
The 14th or 15th is probably a better for us, also.

Davydd
  • Total Posts : 6222
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 1:16 PM
I will be in Illinois the weekend of May 21 but in Springfield.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 1:27 PM
I am actually traveling most of May-yeah for me! I have put aside Memorial Day, however...

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 2:09 PM
We can move this to June if enough people prefer it.  I picked May because I figured JRPfeff and the Pie Diva would still be among our ranks.  If that will still be the case in June, we can do it then--warmer weather, anyway.

Buddy

irisarbor
  • Total Posts : 602
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 2:28 PM
We may be busy May 14, but other than that this tour sounds like alot of fun- and having missed that last LaPalapa event, I am all for this one!

Gyp
  • Total Posts : 155
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 2:49 PM
Thanks for the PM heads up Buddy. The itinerary sounds great. Any weekend in May works for me. June is pretty much wide open too.
Gyp/Chuck T

guspas
  • Total Posts : 197
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 3:05 PM
sounds good to me.  should be available any date chosen

X1
  • Total Posts : 937
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 3:21 PM
I'll be in NOLA June 9 - 14, as will ChuckL, otherwise, I'm fine with any of June.
May is more difficult, as Mother's Day, my mother's birthday and my niece's birthday take up a bunch of time, but unfortunately, I don't know what days will be taken, yet, and probably won't until May. 

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 3:51 PM
I'm starting to think June might be a better option--more availability with fewer conflicts, warmer weather for dining outside, more time to plan the tour and zero in on prospective stops, etc.  Maybe the third weekend; Saturday, June 18th or Sunday, June 19th (my preference, assuming everywhere we want to stop will be open on Sunday).

What say you?

Buddy

X1
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 3:53 PM
Fine w/me.

quijote
  • Total Posts : 643
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 4:25 PM
Thanks for arranging this, Buddy, though I may have to live vicariously through roadfood reports after the fact. It looks like my best May option is the 14th and 15th, though I might be able to do something the 21st and 22nd (right before I leave for a big trip). I doubt I'll be free May 7-8 and I know I won't be around May 28-29.

June is not quite as open for me--I'm out of town every weekend except 25-26!

Quijote

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 7:32 PM
I appreciate the PM to give me a heads-up, but I honestly have no idea how my schedule will shape up - or what last-minute conflict may arise to gum things up (happening lately with alarmingly increased frequency).  I promise if you all pick a date - and I am available, I will make every effort to attend - but can probably not offer any further guidance in choosing a date beyond that.

MilwFoodlovers
  • Total Posts : 3090
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/20/11 8:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I certainly will make it if at all possible.

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/21/11 12:51 AM
Stricken's b-day is the 18th and I have a roller derby game that night.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/21/11 1:08 AM
abe_froeman

Stricken's b-day is the 18th and I have a roller derby game that night.

What position do you play?

This is starting to shape up as more of a June trip, which is okay with me.  So far we know that quijote is only available June 25th and 26th.  Anyone else have any June issues?

Buddy

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4716
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/21/11 8:27 AM
June 19 (Father's Day) and 26 (baseball game) are out for me but otherwise my schedule's suspiciously clear.  Almost makes me wonder if I forgot to write something down.

EDIT:  I did.  My oldest graduates from high school on the 5th and I think it's probably a good idea for me to attend.

Brad
<message edited by ScreamingChicken on Mon, 03/21/11 8:31 AM>

ChiTownDiner
  • Total Posts : 2629
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 03/23/11 10:46 AM
ScreamingChicken

June 19 (Father's Day) and 26 (baseball game) are out for me but otherwise my schedule's suspiciously clear.  Almost makes me wonder if I forgot to write something down.

EDIT:  I did.  My oldest graduates from high school on the 5th and I think it's probably a good idea for me to attend.

Brad

But then you'll need a gift...

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 03/23/11 12:01 PM
....and a tuition payment.

Easier to skip town now.

stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 1:17 AM
"EDIT:  I did.  My oldest graduates from high school on the 5th and I think it's probably a good idea for me to attend."

You are cracking me up today, B.

I don't mind spending my birthday in Chicago with you guys, eating food off trunks. And I can do a hotel room in the area the night before so I can be wide awake & yanno *in the area*  for the festivities.

We didn't get to Margie's last time, nor Humboldt Park, so I think those 2 are a must. Now. Are they anywhere near each other? As for smoked fish, I loved Calumet, but realize it's almost in Indiana (!) and so would be willing to try another place because smoked shrimps =

Memorial Day weekend is out because my cousin is graduating HS & I have his party & the danged family reunion that weekend, too. May 9 is a bridal shower for my cousin.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 1:43 PM
s_d,
I think we're looking toward June now to give folks more time to emotionally prepare for the big event.

Margie's and Humboldt Park are close enough to each other, although Margie's is quite small and would be overwhelmed by our group.  And I don't think their massive ice cream sundaes are conducive to eating Ala Trunk, but, you never know.

As for the issue of smoked shrimp, I think Calumet Fisheries may be the only place in the area that does smoked shrimp.  There are plenty of others that do fried shrimp.  Actually, the place I had in mind, Hagen's, does a fine fish sandwich, on a par with some of the best White Fish Sandwiches I've had in Pittsburgh.  And if I know him well enough (and I think I do), and if he's following this thread, right about now one of buffetbuster's eyebrows just went up in that "oh really?" kind of way that says, "be careful what you say about Pittsburgh White Fish Sandwiches, 'cause I'm here to tell you there ain't nuthin' like a Pittsburgh White Fish Sandwich."  Well bb, I've had your Pittsburgh White Fish Sandwiches, and I love 'em.  But I gotta tell you, we've got some pretty good fish sandwiches ourselves here on the banks of the Great Lakes, and Hagen's makes one of 'em.

There are also a couple of other Fish Shacks under consideration at this time.

So that's it.  I'm still hoping to get more feedback regarding dates and availability for the rest of the group.  I'll continue to do my research and refine the tour.

Buddy
<message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Thu, 03/24/11 1:45 PM>

stricken_detective
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 9:39 PM
Hagen's sounds great! What is a Sonoran dog? And abe, what is the bar with the loud music with the really good mac & cheese?

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 10:42 PM
stricken_detective

Hagen's sounds great! What is a Sonoran dog? And abe, what is the bar with the loud music with the really good mac & cheese?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sonoran+hot+dog

And it's Kuma's you're thinking of....we should go there without the group.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 10:48 PM
That's kind of a snarky link.

And yes, Kuma's is best visited without a big group.

Buddy

stricken_detective
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 11:32 PM
abe has been in a snarky mood this week. i think its because mercury is in retrograde next week.

(i wanted a description from someone who's eaten one & the ppl @ LTH scare me)

stricken_detective
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 11:33 PM
"There are many variations, but in general, all Sonoran dogs are wrapped in bacon, placed in a soft Mexican bun and topped with numerous condiments such as beans, mustard, mayonnaise, onions, tomatoes, cheese and jalapenos."

JRPfeff
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Thu, 03/24/11 11:50 PM
The Sonoran Dog I had in Tucson was forgettable.  I was told it wasn't one of the better ones.

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Fri, 03/25/11 12:09 AM
Can we go somewhere and get a Mother-In-Law?  Maybe Fat Johnnie's?

http://maps.google.com/ma...d=12665673830426673036

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Fri, 03/25/11 2:21 AM
I'll make the effort to try a Sonoran Dog before the tour.  If it's not good we'll try something else.

As for the Mother-In-Law sandwich, personally, I think it's a waste of calories on a long tour.  But I'll let the group decide: Is it worth making a stop for a mass produced tamale stuck in a hot dog bun, then smothered in chili, onions, and mustard?

I'd still like to hear from more members of the group regarding interest level and availability in June.

Buddy

MilwFoodlovers
  • Total Posts : 3090
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Fri, 03/25/11 8:44 AM
Zero interest in Kuma for me. Crawdaddy's had my ears hurting. If you went, I'd prolly be happy to take a break anyway.

irisarbor
  • Total Posts : 602
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Fri, 03/25/11 1:54 PM
June is bustin' out all over.....   
June is fine w me- so far as know clear as a bird-
I would be OK w a M-I-L if we cut it up in pieces and had tasters of it....
I am flexible- whatever-
just happy to hang w my friends

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Fri, 03/25/11 2:37 PM
MilwFoodlovers

Zero interest in Kuma for me. Crawdaddy's had my ears hurting. If you went, I'd prolly be happy to take a break anyway.

Kuma's is not even on the table for this, or any Contingent get together.  While the burgers are excellent and creatively conceived, the place itself is not conducive to any group larger than four.  I went in there for the first (and only) time a couple years ago with eight people, not knowing the limited seating situation.  It was later in the evening, so getting seating was not a problem.  But getting two tables pushed together took more diplomacy and negotiation than bringing peace to the Middle East.  Even then, we still only got those tables within a foot of each other--the waitress insisted there be space so she could get through to serve us.

Kuma's is just not a good place for a big group.  Period.

Plus, they have more "rules" than Burt's Place and enforce them harder.

Buddy
<message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Fri, 03/25/11 2:39 PM>

JRPfeff
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sat, 03/26/11 12:05 PM
Buddy,
What do tables have to do with anything?  We are dining ala trunk.
jrp

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sat, 03/26/11 2:12 PM
JRP,
True, we would take the order to go.  I'm just not a big Kuma's proponent based on my past experience with them.  If the group really wants a burger included in the tour, I can think of several worthy candidates for consideration.  Right now we've got a fish stop, a banh mi stop, a Puerto Rican/Cuban street food stop, a Sonoran hot dog stop, and a wrap up dinner of Mexican seafood.  We can also consider a stop at Hoosier Mama Pie Company, ChiTownDiner's favorite place to get pie--aside from your front yard, of course.

Where you gonna put that burger, dude?

Buddy

JRPfeff
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sat, 03/26/11 2:18 PM
Mr. Roadhouse,
I am not saying we need a burger, just refuting your legal case for not getting one.
See you in court.
Jim

chicagostyledog
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sat, 03/26/11 5:06 PM
The last two week ends in June won't work for us. If you choose the first two week ends, our vote for the best shrimp is still the Red Hot Ranch on Western Avenue. Hoosier Mama's is close by and we're still looking forward to going back to that Mexican restaurant on the south side with the bloody shark. Last Saturday, we drove to the Red Hot Ranch from Racine for a pound of the finest fried shrimp. I wanted to go to Johnnie's for an IB and II (Italian beef and Italian ice), but Nina was too stuffed.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 2:17 AM
JRPfeff

Mr. Roadhouse,
I am not saying we need a burger, just refuting your legal case for not getting one.
See you in court.
Jim

The defense rests.  In fact, the defense is exhausted.  Case dismissed.

Buddy
<message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Sun, 03/27/11 2:24 AM>

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 2:19 AM
CSD,

I think I would also push for sometime in the first two weekends of June.   Any votes yea or nay from the rest of The Contingent?

Also, I wasn't necessarily looking for a shrimp house so much as a fried fish sandwich, done in the manner of a Pittsburgh white fish sandwich.  I figure once we get to La Palapa, we'll get all the shrimp (and other seafood) we can possibly eat

Buddy
<message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Sun, 03/27/11 2:22 AM>

JRPfeff
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 10:03 AM
BR - If we are looking at early June, two weeks after Smoke/Pie day would maximize my chances of attending.
jrp

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 11:54 AM
According to La Palapa's Facebook page, there's a worldwide langostino shortage and they've only secured their supply for the next 6 weeks!  Uh oh!

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 4:14 PM
JRPfeff

BR - If we are looking at early June, two weeks after Smoke/Pie day would maximize my chances of attending.
jrp

Which would put us at the weekend of Saturday, June 11th and Sunday, June 12th, yes?

How does that sound to everybody?

Buddy

ChiTownDiner
  • Total Posts : 2629
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 5:15 PM
It sounds quite nice...

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Sun, 03/27/11 8:26 PM
Sounds good to me.

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4716
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/28/11 10:40 AM
abe_froeman

According to La Palapa's Facebook page, there's a worldwide langostino shortage and they've only secured their supply for the next 6 weeks!  Uh oh!

Worldwide shortage?  That's strange...I don't recall seeing any langostino-related posts from ChiTownDiner and Buffetbuster but I suppose I could've missed them.

So far June 11 and 12 look good for me.  Heck, the kid's college tuition is going to bankrupt me anyway so maybe I'll just make a weekend out of it.

Brad

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/28/11 1:34 PM
Sorry to bounce things around like this, but in going back over posts on page one of this thread to check on people's availability, it seems like the first Saturday in June, the 4th, accommodates the most folks.  I know there will always be someone left out no matter what date we pick, but that first Saturday appears to have the fewest objections.

Lemme hear from you gang.

Buddy

X1
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/28/11 2:52 PM
That's fine, as I was just about to post that ChuckL and I will be out, as we'll be in NOLA June 9 - 14. 

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/28/11 3:56 PM
The 4th works for us!

chicagostyledog
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Mon, 03/28/11 5:52 PM
The 4th works for us!

Gyp
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 03/30/11 3:19 AM
June 4th is good for me.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 03/30/11 1:27 PM
Looks like June 4th is shaping up to be the day.

I'll start doing my due diligence in researching hours of operation for all the places I'm thinking about visiting.

Buddy

chicagostyledog
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 04/6/11 9:22 PM
For the last three years, I've been living part time in the West Town neighborhood. There are some fantastic Roadfood eateries I would like to suggest for this year's tour:
1. http://www.terrystoffee.com For the sweet tooth lover in you.
2. http://bariitaliandeli.net Possibly the best sub on the planet.
3. D'Amato"s #1 Italian & French Bakery The smell alone in this place will immediately cripple you! The best chocolate cannoli in the city. Pizza on focaccia bread OMG! Bread sticks, you want to talk about bread sticks?
All three locations are on the 1100 block of west Grand.

Other nearby locations are: Hoosier Mama Pies & Red Hot Ranch on Western for Chicago's best fried shrimps.

CSD

abe_froeman
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 04/6/11 10:31 PM
Another vote for Hoosier Mama.  Though, given the small size of the place (I don't think we could all fit in there to order!) and the uncertainty of the menu (in terms of how much they'll have left), I wonder if we should agree on a few pies ahead of time and reserve them?

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 04/6/11 10:58 PM
CSD,
I'm familiar with both Bari and D'Amato's (less so with Terry's Toffee) and would be happy to include one or the other on a tour.  I  think both would be overkill.  We've all done tours where there are six or more stops and barely been able to walk after that last bite.  I want to hold it to five stops if possible.  Right now we've got five stops: Hagen's (or some other fish stop), Banh Mi, Sonoran Hot Dogs, the Puerto Rican snack trucks in Humboldt Park, and a full dinner at La Palapa.  Add in Bari, D'Amato's, Terry's Toffee, and Hoosier Mama and we're way over the top.

We've already done a Banh Mi stop in the past, so that can be replaced.  We've also done multiple fish stops, but I wanted our group to sample the fish sandwich at Hagen's.  If enough people want to skip the fish in favor of something else I'm ready to make a change.  I really want to keep the Sonoran Hot dogs and the carts in Humboldt Park because they offer great Roadfood character, and are different from anyplace else we've visited in the past.  Also, I think La Palapa was a great experience that many in our group missed out on last time.

The nice thing about Hoosier Mama is that we can pick up the pies earlier in the day and save them for dessert at La Palapa.

So whaddaya say Contingent?  How about a few of you weigh in on your preferences based on the places mentioned so far.

Buddy

chicagostyledog
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 04/6/11 11:46 PM
Buddy, no need for over kill. Let's combine two into one: a sub at Bari's is made with French bread from D'Amato's. This is a sandwich not to be missed and the smaller nine inch can be split two or three ways.  I'm not a fan of subs, but this joint has truly made me "see the light."

"I love the smell of Maxwell Street Polish in the morning."
-CSD

chicagostyledog
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 04/6/11 11:55 PM
Nina and I have been to Hagen's and were not impressed. We'll gladly drive the 90+ minutes from Racine on any Saturday or Sunday for the shrimps at the Red Hot Ranch on Western. Has any one else ever has the Red hot Ranch shrimps? If so, chime in.

Gyp
Re:In Spring The Contingent's Thoughts Turn to Dining "Ala Trunk" - Wed, 04/6/11 11:58 PM
BuddyRoadhouse

So whaddaya say Contingent?  How about a few of you weigh in on your preferences based on the places mentioned so far.

They all sound good to me since I haven't been to any of them. I'll never tire of Banh Mi and I'm always up for fish. You've got an excellent variety of places listed.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 60 of 162