National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area

Filet Mignon
2011/04/02 18:35:14
First time at The National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.  It is really a beautiful site to see.  Hopefully Mother Nature will take the hint and let Spring begin.

Before I left home, my daughter who lives in Arlington called and told me to try a new route through Gettysburg, scenic and less traffic.  So I map out the route....it takes me right through Emmitsburg, MD, and right past Chubby's BBQ.  Here's the problem, it's Friday, it's Lent and my wife and I are trying to be good Catholics.  But I can't just drive by, I've been wanting to try Chubby's and meet Tom for years.

I checked out Chubby's website enough to recognize the place, no problem.  Right on the corner of Route 15 and Old Frederick Road.  But in reality, the smell of Q would have led me right to the door

As soon as I walk in I am greeted by Tom.  I introduced myself and it was like we were old friends.  I explained my eating dilemma to Tom, so he took me in the back to show me what I was missing

Thanks again Tom

My wife had a very good Caesar Salad.(Menu Description)Caesar Salad These salads are so good, one customer traded his for a new Mercedes! - 6.99

And we split an order of the garlic fries that Tom has been posting about.

These fries were amazing.  I mean, just look at them.

I had a cup(I don't think Tom knows what a cup is)of Cream of Crab Soup.(Menu Description)
Cream Of Crab Soup limit 2 bowls per customer.  this stuff is soooo good, many people cry at the last spoonful.Bowl - 7.25  cup - 5.75

The extremely tasty serving was huge, and filled with succulent chunks of crab.  Saying there was crab in every spoonful would be an understatement.

I also had a fried catfish sandwich, farm raised of course!  A very good, clean tasting sandwich that I topped with Chubby's "World Class" Volcano Sauce. 

The moist and tasty fish went very well with the spicy sauce.

So, all in all, I didn't do too bad with my meatless meal.  I told Tom that I would do an official RF review when I visited his place, but I am going to wait until I can post about the good stuff.  I will be using this new route for all my future trips.  Less traffic and Chubby's BBQ, what a combo

Here we are going over important RF business

This is what's on Tom's business card:

Believe me, he's all that, and a whole lot more

Serious, one of the nicest people you will ever meet, with a passion for putting out the best product he can.
post edited by joerogo - 2011/06/05 10:51:11
Ahi Mpls.
Double Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/02 20:53:59
 Oh, BRAVO! 
    That soup! I am crying before my first spoonful!  
  Joe, Are good catholics allowed to PURCHASE bbq on Friday? ( keep it locked in the trunk 'till 12:01 Saturday morning perhaps?)  
 Your pictures are lovely, nice to see you guys, excellent report.
 Now, Can Tom do soup in the mail?!  
ken8038
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/02 22:52:01
Great post Joe! I really got a kick out of your "make it work on a Friday during Lent" meal. I might give up meat forever for some o' those garlic fries!  

I'd be remiss if I did not put in a plug for our very own Cherry Blossom Festival here in NJ. Supposedly even more of them than even DC, but because it's in Newark...well, you know.. But we usually combine it with a trip to the Ironbound section of Newark for some Porteguese food:

http://stylepeterson.com/branch-brook-park-newark-nj-cherry-blossom-festival-photos/essex-county-cherry-blossom-festival
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/02 23:00:12
I printed that picture of you two bozos and looked to see if there were any rewards offered.  Didn't find any so I'm tacking it on my wall.  The wall behind the door that no one ever closes. 

Does Chubby's have a senior citizen discount, or an early bird special--gotta see if it is worth the trip?

Last time I was in Gettysburg they were still shooting at us Yankees. 

agnesrob
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 06:08:11
Great Post Joe! That meal looked great! I really need to make a trip down there!
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 07:34:41
Great start to a trip...oh that soup looks like two bowls! Looking forward to D.C.   Thanks!
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 11:16:35
the ancient mariner

I printed that picture of you two bozos and looked to see if there were any rewards offered.  Didn't find any so I'm tacking it on my wall.  The wall behind the door that no one ever closes. 

Does Chubby's have a senior citizen discount, or an early bird special--gotta see if it is worth the trip?

Last time I was in Gettysburg they were still shooting at us Yankees. 

Ancient One, we have a really unique Senior Special, all day every day, it works like this, buy one entree get the second one at full price, folks love it!

mar52
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 11:28:24
Nice feel good report!

Hi guys.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 11:53:05
Looks good Joe...and Tom...although I am not sure I am buying into the claim you skipped the meat offerings. Who knows what really happened after the cameras were turned off?
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 12:26:32
Tony Bad

Looks good Joe...and Tom...although I am not sure I am buying into the claim you skipped the meat offerings. Who knows what really happened after the cameras were turned off?

Yep, The Rogo's have iron constitutions, I even did the airplane thing with some brisket on a fork, they kept their hands over their mouths, impressive!

Mosca
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 13:08:02
What you have to do is get a papal dispensation. It's not that hard, you ask your priest if it's OK that you have meat on Fridays during Lent, for health reasons you need the protein, and he says, "No prob rogo." Snip snap, just like that. Seriously.

And yeah, Tom sure can cook a meal, can't he?
Benzee
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 14:06:36
Hello all ,
Great report Joe !!
Sounds like a place to visit on aa future trip south .
I thought the senior special was BUY ONE pay for three
Hahahaha
Benzee
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 14:15:05
Great report, Joe. I would order the soup and catfish there even on a meat day!
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 14:34:57
It isn't difficult skipping meat on Friday. 
More people should try it.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 16:03:52
AHI MPLS, Great RF minds think alike.  My sandwich came with a side dish.  I chose beans, to go.  I heated them up at the hotel.

Just look at the amount of pork in there.  These beans alone would justify a road trip from MN.

the ancient marine, TWO BOZO'S???  Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description I guess

We ended up in Georgetown for dinner at Filomena's Restorante.  

They are famous for their homemade pasta.  Made in the front window by their "Pasta Mama's".  Everyone gets their picture taken with the Pasta Mama's, Presidents, movie stars and me of course

I was thinking more like "Hoochie Mama", but I kept my mouth shut since my wife was taking the picture

This place is great, not over price with a very reasonable wine list.  Just take a look at my wifes entree "MANICOTTI  - Tubular Pasta made by our Pasta Mammas stuffed with blended Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses. Topped and baked with the Tomato Sauce and melted Mozzarella Cheese. $21"

Excellent pasta and sauce, a little heavy on the cheese though.

I had "RAVIOLI DI FUNGHI Made by our Pasta Mammas ~ Ravioli stuffed with a blend of assorted Mushrooms & Italian Cheeses. Served with a Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Cream Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes.  $22"

Very good, fresh tasting dish.  I would have preferred less sauce, but the rav's were excellent.

The decor in this place was could only be described as busy/outrageous.  The service was quick and friendly.  I highly recommend Filomena's if you are in the area.

Tony Bad, Who?

Mosca, I tried calling the Bishop.  I think he still has my number blocked

The family also wanted to go here...

I never heard of the place, but I guess they have their own reality show  Then we saw this....

Nobody has a cupcake worth an hour long wait, nobody!

Thanks all for your comments.  long time since I did a trip report.
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 17:01:51
Joe, Thank You!
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 17:18:48
chewingthefat

Tony Bad

Yep, The Rogo's have iron constitutions, I even did the airplane thing with some brisket on a fork, they kept their hands over their mouths, impressive!

Impressive...I guess he'll be the one guy I know who is taking the up escalator in the afterlife.

The nuns told me in the 5th grade which way I was heading.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/03 18:08:56
My father was a WWII Veteran, so the highlight of this trip for me, was visiting the WWII Memorial.

Set just past the Washington Memorial, before The Reflecting Pool, which is under construction.

A close up of the Monument for the Pacific Theater.

Some pics from an earlier visit to Arlington.

I can't believe none of my kids knew who Audie Murphy was.

Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 15:22:00
Dude, I barely know who Audie Murphy was.  Great pics!  I wouldn't wait an hour for a cupcake either, however much I love them.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 16:47:36
Nancypalooza
Dude, I barely know who Audie Murphy was.  Great pics!  I wouldn't wait an hour for a cupcake either, however much I love them.

Nancy, I should have included one of theseafter my post.  Plus they all took off on me when I tried to give them a history lesson 

Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 17:16:20
Joe, did you get to Ray's?
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 17:27:23
Just make them watch To Hell and Back Again.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 19:35:22
Joe-great report.Its bringing back fond memories of my visit to DC when the blossoms were in bloom.Since that was 43 years ago, I just cant recall the roadfood places we ate. Wonderful to hear Toms place is all its cracked up to be!!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 21:02:09
chewingthefat
Joe, did you get to Ray's?

Yes, we made it to Ray's the Steak, same owner as Ray's Hell Burger and several other restaurants that are taking the DC Area by storm.  The owner, Michael Landrum is known as a very testy person.  He has thrown out or banned most newspaper food critics and any else who pi$$es him off.  So, with that said, no pictures with this report

Michaels game plan is to have a restaurant that is reasonable and friendly and he has done well.  To keep costs down, no website or advertising.  Since I didn't dare take a picture of the menu, I can only tell you that the average prime steak is about thirty bucks, including unlimited creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes.

The steaks were very, very good.  the only thing I believe was lacking was a broiler hot enough to give a good sear.  Don't tell him I said so.  The wine list was second to none.  A long list of bottles at thirty bucks and most headliners at about fifty bucks.

Ok, I know I'm all over the place.  Fast, extremely friendly service, great steaks, plenty of food, good prices, excellent wine list.  Go there, just don't pi$$ him off

Oh, my daughter tells me their Monday special for twenty bucks includes soup, entree and desert.  Best deal in town!

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 21:25:25
Benzee, Get a bus going to Chubby's, and I'm on it

annpeeples, Having a daughter living in the DC Area is opening up a whole new world for me.  

One other stop we made was The Banana cafe.  We were heading to The Eastern market, but it started to rain.  The only reason I mention the Banana Cafe is their ceviche.  One of the best I ever had.  The rest of the menu is a mixture of Cuban, Mexican and Puerto Rican.  The don't do justice to any of these cuisines.

Next trip we want to make it to Poets and Busboys, as reviewed by Nancy.

Benzee
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/04 22:00:49
Hello  all ,
Excellent report buddy . I remember watching To Hell and Back with Audie Murphy more than once on the Afternoon or Sunday morning movie of the week .
Chubby s would be a hell of a one day trip , but I think it may be worth it .
DC is a wonderful place to visit with the history .
Benzee
Earl of Sandwich
Double Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/05 10:20:49
Excellent report and great photos.  I was in DC justa couple weeks ago, stopped at a small deli right around 6th St and near Newseum, and had an excellent pita with avocado, tomato, and cream cheese and lettuce.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/24 20:05:34
***UPDATE***

We got takeout from Chubby's on Thursday, thanks to my daughter coming home for Easter.

Packed perfect for the 2 1/2 hour ride north, we ordered ribs, chicken, brisket and pulled pork.  Tom's staff packed everything cold so we could reheat it at home without the Q drying out.  Great idea, everything was moist and extremely good.

Tom, Q just doesn't get any better than this!

Oh, one complaint.  Could you put some greens in the greens?  Just look at the amount of pork in them
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/24 20:27:57
Looks fantastic!!!
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/25 09:40:58
I haven't had breakfast yet and that plate is killing me!

Brad
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/25 10:57:14
Excellent report and fantastic pictures!

The link below has menu pics of Ray's the Classics, which is likely very similar to Ray's the Steaks.  Always average service at Ray's the Classics, but great food at a good price.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/7/105329/restaurant/DC/Rays-the-Classics-Silver-Spring
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/04/25 11:18:41
joerogo

***UPDATE***

We got takeout from Chubby's on Thursday, thanks to my daughter coming home for Easter.

Packed perfect for the 2 1/2 hour ride north, we ordered ribs, chicken, brisket and pulled pork.  Tom's staff packed everything cold so we could reheat it at home without the Q drying out.  Great idea, everything was moist and extremely good.

Tom, Q just doesn't get any better than this!

Oh, one complaint.  Could you put some greens in the greens?  Just look at the amount of pork in them

Thanks Joe, very much, I wish I had known she was here, I would have given her some Pork Belly and Pit Beef for the Rogo clan to sample!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/04 11:16:59
We blew by Chubby's on Thursday at 9:30 AM, on our way to Arlington/DC  Hey Tom, I waved, but I don't think you saw me  Hopefully I can catch up with you on the return trip.

Thursday nights dinner was at The Columbia Firehouse in Alexandria.  A much hyped place that fell short of my expectations.  Salty food ala Friday's, slooooow service, and a little pricey.  The menu didn't seem to be pricey, but based on portion size it was.

Last night we went to Pete's New Haven Style Apizza on Clarendon.  I wasn't really expecting much from this place.  Afterall, they are baking at only 650 degrees in a gas oven......and their clams are from the Chesapeake.

As close as you are going to get a Apizza outside of New Haven.  The crust was a little thick, but excellent.  You can pick up a slice and not lose a thing.  We had a pepperoni and a clam pie.  Both were excellent, I highly recommend Pete's.

The clam pie was the home run.  Fresh clams with the salty, briney, sweet flavor of the ocean.

post edited by joerogo - 2011/06/04 15:54:40
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/04 12:30:48
Oh my lord, Joe, that pizza looks fantastic.
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/04 13:08:42
Joe---you dun did it again---another home run. 
You may become the Ansel  Adams of the food business if
you keep it up.
Pete is gonna be happy with all the extra business you gonna bring
in ---hit him up for a piece of the action. 

leethebard
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/04 15:47:24
Those pizzas look like the real thing!!
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/04 16:31:23
Nice report.  We have been to three of the places that you mentioned!  Of  course, we have been to  Chubby's   and we have gone quite often to  Filomeno's  in Georgetown.  The kids loved watching the lady in the  window  making gnocchi each time. 

We have gone to Pete's a couple of times   but go to the one  in Columbia Heights as that is the closest one to us.....crust is a little thick for me  but  it  is  cooked  beautifully  and  a most  excellent  pizza.
Davwud
Double Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/04 18:48:23
joerogo

We blew by Chubby's on Thursday at 9:30 AM, on our way to Arlington/DC  Hey Tom, I waved, but I don't think you saw me  Hopefully I can catch up with you on the return trip.

Thursday nights dinner was at The Columbia Firehouse in Alexandria.  A much hyped place that fell short of my expectations.  Salty food ala Friday's, slooooow service, and a little pricey.  The menu didn't seem to be pricey, but based on portion size it was.

Last night we went to Pete's New Haven Style Apizza on Clarendon.  I wasn't really expecting much from this place.  Afterall, they are baking at only 650 degrees in a gas oven......and their clams are from the Chesapeake.

As close as you are going to get a Apizza outside of New Haven.  The crust was a little thick, but excellent.  You can pick up a slice and not lose a thing.  We had a pepperoni and a clam pie.  Both were excellent, I highly recommend Pete's.

The clam pie was the home run.  Fresh clams with the salty, briney, sweet flavor of the ocean.

WOW!!!!!

DT
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/05 22:54:13
So, I go to Filomena Ristorante again.  We are seated and I ask the manager if he knows Tony Bad.  He says "Who?"  I said, "Tony Bad, from Lond Island".  He says "Oh, Don Antonio!  We miss him very much.  He left to take care of some business in New York and never returned."

So I ask, what would a man like Tony order for dinner?  He tells me....
COSTOLETTA DI VITELLO ALLA PARMIGIANA  A 20 ounce Veal Chop, thinly pounded, crisply breaded and pan fried. Topped with Tomato Sauce, melted fresh Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese. Served with Rigatoni Pasta with Tomato Sauce on the side. 

Holy Moly!  A meal fit for a King(pin).  Every bit as good as it looks.  This is the way all veal parm should be prepared.

And as I was leaving, the manager said "because you are a friend of The Don, if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies."

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/07 15:55:09
Joe

What an amazing report.  The food, the sights (pasta momma), it all looked good.

I may use your guidance in August, I am coming to D.C./Arlington for a funeral at Arlington.  (I did not realize there was a 2 1/2 to 3 month wait for burial at Arlington)

Your report has my mouth watering and thank goodness it is not Lent.
(that BBQ looked worth the extra "Hail Mary's")
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/07 17:28:54
I live here, and I'm getting out-done by JoeRogo. I gotta get out more - damn 2 1/2 year old keeping us home on weekend nights!

Great report Joe.

So few good pizzas here in DC. A handful, but not a lot. I'm loving We The Pizza -who also makes a great meatball sandwich. Maybe the best meatball in DC. ´╗┐´╗┐wethepizza.com

But, New Haven pizza in DC? Well, that I have to try.

I have to disagree on Banana Cafe, though. I've had several meals I thought were spot on. 

Next time, though, you're on Barrack's Row (8th St. SE - near Eastern Market) try Ted's Bulletin. An art deco family dinner, upscaled but not pretentious in the least. So far, the big winners are their Chicken Fried Steak, Sloppy Joe, and Burgers. Catch of the Day is quite good, too. Wasn't in love with MEatloaf - although I ate it all, and ribs are ok, the Savannah Mustard Sauce is better than the KC Red. The sides - holy moly! JDs Gravy Fries (love their gravy), pickled Beets (they do it there - not pre-bought), and mashed potatoes. Mac and Cheese is the way homemade should taste, and braised green beans w/ bacon is like mom made...only not as soggy as mom's (sorry Mom) But the winner on the sides is their Bacon and Blue Cheese Brussel Sprout. Holy shmoly. I don't even care much for brussel sprouts...until now. Wow.

Their milkshakes are hands down, best in DC.  And they have a short but nice children's menu. Plus some bakery items like pop-tarts, twinkies, ho-hos and such that look a bit like the originals, but are pastry chef inspired both in taste and appearance.

Here's their site: tedsbulletin.com
Same owner as Matchbox and the new hotdog joint, DC-3.

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/12 10:49:57
Thanks for a great report.  As a result I'm adding two things to my "list" for the next time we visit our old hometown:  that veal chop at Filomena's and paying Respect to Audie Murphy.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ 2011/06/12 21:39:52
CajunKing, you're the best.  I would have said the extra Hail Mary's and ate the Q, but the wife has more willpower........and a strong right hook!

God Bless your fallen hero. 

Scorereader, Thanks for the info on Ted's.  Let me know if you like Pete's Apizza.

MetroplexJim, Don't forget Five Guy's!

Davwud
Double Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2011/07/26 13:20:36
I finally got to Emmitsburg and met up with Tom. We had a nice 45 minute (or so) chat on pretty much all things food related and of course had a great dinner.

We were very happy with just about everything but the standouts were the brisket, pork belly and beans.

I posted a longer review with some more history on my blog here.
http://davwudsfoodcourt.b...d-food-aint-cheap.html

If you're in the area, give Tom a visit and introduce yourself. He's a great guy.

DT
NascarDad
Cheeseburger
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2011/08/04 13:30:54
Thanks for this report.  You have convinced me to brave Northern VA traffic to try New Haven Pizza (since it is likely the closest I will get a chance to try any time soon)
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2011/08/04 14:28:33
Davwud, Nice pics and report.  One thing for sure, Tom Can Q!

NascarDad, Timing is everything, good luck.  If it helps, the train station is right there.  

I thought the pizza was very good, but their ordering system is a little wacky.  You stand in line to place your order, pick up your drinks at another station, then find a table.  Which can be difficult when they are busy.  If you want a refill on your drink, go back and stand in the drink line  

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2011/10/22 16:51:15
Another excellent pizza place, this time in Falls Church.  Pizzeria Orso does a great job, but I don't agree with their pizza description(Traditional Neapolitan Pizza).  This is most definitely closer Roman Style Pizza.  Nice thin crispy crust with fresh toppings.

Excellent sandwiches also, served in a light crusty pizza bread.  
post edited by joerogo - 2011/10/22 16:53:39
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2012/06/29 16:31:56
I stopped by Chubby's today.  Tom was home getting some beauty rest.

The pulled pork was fabulous!  Very moist, it just melted in your mouth.

103 degrees!!!!!  You DC'ers are crazy.  Can't wait to get back to the cool mountains of NEPA
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2012/06/29 16:52:34
joerogo

I stopped by Chubby's today.  Tom was home getting some beauty rest.

The pulled pork was fabulous!  Very moist, it just melted in your mouth.

103 degrees!!!!!  You DC'ers are crazy.  Can't wait to get back to the cool mountains of NEPA

Joe, sorry I missed you, next time call ahead, the beauty rest can wait, it does me no good anymore!

pnwchef
Re:National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C./Chubby's BBQ/D.C. Area 2012/07/07 20:32:52
Joe, if Tom is home getting his beauty rest, he will have to sleep for years. Joe, great report, great pictures, thanks for showing us some good roadfood................