Thunderbird Inn-Country Buffet

Mags81
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Reward points : 0
Thunderbird Inn-Country Buffet - Tue, 02/3/04 4:16 PM
When traveling down to Florida from Jersey I always stay at the Thunderbird Inn in Florence, Sc. They have a GREAT maybe the best I've ever had Country Breakfast Buffet. They've got Eggs, Sausage Gravy and biscuits, hams, about three or four different types of sausage, bolonge and some other southern specialties that I'm not even sure of the names. Everything is fantastic and look forward to it every year when I'm there, they also have a dinner buffet as well that is pretty good but the breakfast buffet is the one for me. Has anyone else ever eaten here and if so what did you think?

Barbarainnc
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: Thunderbird Inn-Country Buffet - Wed, 07/7/04 8:54 AM
I've had lunch there, the food is really good, ole Country Food. I live in NC.

emsmom
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: Thunderbird Inn-Country Buffet - Wed, 07/7/04 12:30 PM
Where is it located in Florence. We will traveling through Florence it late August on our way to and from Myrtle Beach and this sounds interesting.

harriet1954
  • Total Posts : 1086
RE: Thunderbird Inn-Country Buffet - Thu, 07/8/04 11:27 AM
I think now we will probably stay here for our overnight on the way down to FL from Jersey. It was a tossup between Sleep Inn and Thunderbird. I have heard that you're supposed to ask for a room on the second floor in the back to somewhat muffle the nightly train whistle.

Anyway I did find a link to their site http://thunderbirdgolf.com/thunderbird_inn.html