Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come)

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2011/05/08 13:14:11
We, are cooking up a Bone in Prime Rib for Mother's Day. I took a few pictures of the Rib so you guys could see how to order it from your butcher. You want to ask that the Chine and feather bones be removed, have them tied back on if you like. I had my whole cow processed so I didn't have them tied back on. The objective is so you could cut a slice of prime rib thats still on the bone. My butcher didn't do a real good job on leaving me a fat cap on top of the rib, if I knew this earlier I could have got some pieces of fat to protect and cover the exposed meat. These are a few pictures to show the cut and how it should look.........More pictures to come

agnesrob
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 13:43:07
Can't wait to see more! I did a prime rib on my grill last week. It's one of my favorite roasts!
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 13:52:51
It looks like Mama pig picked Mother's Day to have her Piglets. 5 so far, she just laid on them so we will need to keep an eye on her. Pictures of future BBQ'S to come, later................
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 13:59:01
That looks incredible, what ya got going to compliment it?
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 14:54:26
Here's a picture of Mama Pig and the piglet's that are a few hrs old.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 15:04:33
Looks like one of my mothers-in-law, except for the beard.
chefbuba
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 15:39:19
Looks like food in the freezer!
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 15:45:17
Ready for the BBQ, heavily seasoned with Cajun spices, seasoned salt, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.........

EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 15:55:16
Looks good so far! 
The piggies look cute......right now. Mama pig looks pretty exhausted!

Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 16:58:56
Looking at those cute little piggies, I feel like an accessory before the fact!
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 17:10:50
chewingthefat

Looking at those cute little piggies, I feel like an accessory before the fact!

Chewy, Thats what a Pig looks like in the beginning, you don't see them until they get to Costco, in cryovac pieces.
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 17:37:16
This is the Prime Rib at 1 3/4 hrs about 100 on the end cuts and 70 degrees in the ctr. I'll be looking for 110 in the center, that will still give me thick cut end pieces at Mr and the ctr will be Rare.

See ya'll at the cutting.............

agnesrob
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 17:59:43
AAAWWWAHH. Those piglets are so cute!!!
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 20:41:24
The Prime Rib turned out real good, melt in your mouth tender, all I needed was horseradish sauce. It was Red from end to end, Cooked on the BBQ for 2 1/2 hrs, nice crust on the outside, I could not have asked for anything better. Prime Rib is all about beef flavor, this did not disappoint.

JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 20:54:04
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
fatdoc
Junior Burger
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 21:00:17
AMEN!!!
chefbuba
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/08 21:09:41
Looks good Billy!!!....That beats the hell out of the chicken tostadas I just had for dinner!
agnesrob
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 06:30:04
Now that's a beautiful roast! Cute piglets too!!
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 12:24:10
Lord Bill that looks so incredibly good, how long did you have it on?
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 12:34:49
Hey Chewy, 2 1/2 hrs and then let set up for about 45 minutes..........I did notice my beef turned out better this year, the steaks are more tender and so on. ...........
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 13:57:26
Excellent looking prime ib...the piggies are cute, too!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 14:47:36
Great stuff!!

Next picture of one those piggies better include an apple in its mouth.
edwmax
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 15:06:56
PNWCHEF

The Prime Rib turned out real good, melt in your mouth tender, all I needed was horseradish sauce. It was Red from end to end, Cooked on the BBQ for 2 1/2 hrs, nice crust on the outside, I could not have asked for anything better. Prime Rib is all about beef flavor, this did not disappoint.

Great job!  Send me the bones .. please.   I'm sure that's all that is left.
I must have missed it; but at what temperature did you keep the grill to finish in 2 1/2 hrs?  Was the meat over the coals are to the side?
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 16:00:34
Ed, I had the rib over the live burner, as long as It didn't get flare ups, once I did I moved it over for indirect heat. I figure the temp was around 300 to 325. I would do it this way again in a heart beat..............Ed, with five dogs between myself and my Son, how long are the bones going to last. When we got the cows processed last week, we got 8 shopping bags full of dog bones/soup bones.........
pnwchef
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 16:05:52
joerogo

Great stuff!!

Next picture of one those piggies better include an apple in its mouth.

sometime in the next 6 to 7 weeks, suckling pig on the spit, I'm thinking 4th of July.........
Curbside Grill
Filet Mignon
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 16:28:31
great looking roast.

But when I looked at them pigs all I saw was Pigs feet and Kraut, A couple ribs and hams apiece and Scrapple. But then again I left off breakfast with brains and eggs.
edwmax
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 17:18:59
PNWCHEF

Ed, I had the rib over the live burner, as long as It didn't get flare ups, once I did I moved it over for indirect heat. I figure the temp was around 300 to 325. I would do it this way again in a heart beat..............Ed, with five dogs between myself and my Son, how long are the bones going to last. When we got the cows processed last week, we got 8 shopping bags full of dog bones/soup bones.........

.... ... no bones ... huh   ...   Gas grill, great job.     ... I have a gas grill too, but the last prime rib i did was on the charcoal grill.   ... man,  my mouth is watering now for a good PR, mushrooms, tater & salad.  
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Bone-In Prime Rib (More Pictures to come) 2011/05/09 17:25:14
Beautiful!  The piggies and the prime rib.   I do not want to see a picture of a suckling piggy!