What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food

jonnysee
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 07/14/11 3:27 AM
So I'm considering travelling on the road and doing a food blog on the best take out / delivery restaurants across North America. What cities do you guys think I should start with and why? I was thinking New York, LA, San Fran, or maybe Seattle would be the best places, but what order should I go through them? I wanna pick the best ones! Also any other secret cities that are gems? Whyyy???

Thankies in advance!

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4896
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 07/14/11 8:10 AM
Excellent first post. Welcome to Roadfood.com. With regards your topic, I can tell you, Dallas would have to be last on the list!
<message edited by Twinwillow on Fri, 07/15/11 7:28 PM>

Pigiron
  • Total Posts : 1384
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 07/14/11 9:27 AM
Just for sheer volume and selection, New York has to be on the top of this list.  You can get literally ANYTHING delivered, any time of the day, and nearly every restaurant in the city does take-out.  And there are approximately 30,000 restaurants in NYC. 

NascarDad
  • Total Posts : 336
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Fri, 07/15/11 2:32 PM
Also there is a big difference (in my mind really) between Take Out and delivery.  In my experience 99% of restaurants will do take out (though many arent good at it) but very few will bring food to you.  Especially in Richmond lol

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Fri, 07/15/11 2:47 PM
Pigiron

Just for sheer volume and selection, New York has to be on the top of this list.  You can get literally ANYTHING delivered, any time of the day, and nearly every restaurant in the city does take-out.  And there are approximately 30,000 restaurants in NYC. 

Pigiron is right.  It's the population plus the density.

ALLGOOD
  • Total Posts : 167
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Fri, 07/15/11 3:45 PM
chicago

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9552
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Fri, 07/15/11 4:46 PM
Your premise is a little convoluted. The Best TO/Delivery places are the ones WITH THE BEST FOOD!
TO & Delivery is merely an add-on service. TO & Delivery service doesn't make it the best; the food does.

fattybomatty
  • Total Posts : 1017
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 02/23/12 8:25 AM
I think philly should be on the list. And a smaller city right across from nyc that is great for this is hoboken.

CCinNJ
  • Total Posts : 7745
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 02/23/12 8:43 AM
I agree not to skip Hoboken. It is tiny ( one mile square) with the big city vibe... in the shadow of Manhattan. Plenty of take-out delivery places with excellent food. Great for a cocktail as well. Easy to navigate. A few minutes on a Path train... a nice day of walking. A long long day if you want to find a quick parking spot.

MetroplexJim
  • Total Posts : 3705
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 02/23/12 9:55 AM
Take Out Taxi in Arlington, Virginia fed me daily for three years back in the 1990's.  They are still in business and have a wonderful selection of menus.  Nothing like that here in Dallas.

Littleman
  • Total Posts : 590
Re:What are the best cities for Take out / Delivery Food - Thu, 02/23/12 12:23 PM
New Orleans is the best food city I have visited.  NYC is probably the best but NOLA is my favorite and there's takeout at just about any of the 1,200 or so restaurants.  Many deliver but most all offer takeout.