NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA

Junior Burger
2011/07/27 17:21:11
Hi, I just recently purchased a Food Truck and currently trying to get all the necessary paper work done so I can get it up and rolling.  One thing I'm trying to figure out is where in Baton Rouge I can park it at or where I can rent a place.  I live in an Apt complex and don't think they will allow for me to park it there, I also need an electrical setup to run the fridges at night.  Will post progress of my truck once I get some time. Thanks in advance for your help.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/27 20:48:19
Seems to me you would have worked out those details BEFORE you invested in a truck!
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/27 23:05:51
First welcome to road food.

Yes you may have gotten the truck before the overnight parking spot, so now you need to get to work on that part of your project. Do you have to have a base kitchen to work out of in your area? I'd talk to other food truck drivers and ask what they are using for a location.
Good luck
Jack
ChowYumPhat
Junior Burger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/27 23:15:10
Thanks Doc.  I already have 2 commissary lined up that I can use. The truck still needs some reno on the inside and is parked at my parent's house in New Orleans while we work on it...It's going to take at least a month or two before everything is done on it, so I figured I had enough time to find a place I can rent out to park it.  Thanks for the help so far guys.
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/27 23:43:36
So shoot some pictures and if you need help I'll post them for you. We want to see the before after and finished project. You can't imagine how much help that can be for others to watch your project come to life. That is for those that bother to do the research here on roadfood. And for those that won't bother to do the searches and read past post let them stumble along and l;earn from their mistakes. LOL
One other thought your project may spark new ideas for everyone.
Good luck
Jack
Barbeque barn
Cheeseburger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/28 07:05:58
Like Doc said welcome, I have my food van parked in a Harbor Freight parking lot or look for a Big Lots location. and ask the manager. I'm in a small strip mall with about 10-12 small businesses. and was asked to come setup there from my original spot. And have had a couple of offers to move to new spots with people driving up and asking if Id like to try there location. Some will see that you will bring customers to there parking lot and in turn bring them business. Mike
lornaschinske
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/28 09:09:38
See if you can get a spot in a storage unit (GATED AND MONITORED!!!). Many RV storage places will have electric because lots of RVers like to keep their Rvs plugged into shore power.
Parrot Cage
Hamburger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/28 10:00:30
I'd like to give you a suggestion for a place to set up shop. If I were you, I would set up next to or near the Love's Truck Stop in Port Allen (I-10 exit 151). Take it from someone who drive OTR for 15 years, truckers are always looking for something different and good.
Barbeque barn
Cheeseburger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/29 00:14:52
Loves has a Subway inside and not likly to let you setup there but look at a close by place too.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/29 04:16:20
Barbeque barn
Loves has a Subway inside and not likly to let you setup there but look at a close by place too.

I worked for TA years ago and we wouldn't let a food vendor anywhere near our stops. They could detract from our restaurant business.
Parrot Cage
Hamburger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/29 07:51:46
Yeah, but they can't stop you from getting permission to set up at the motel next door or across the street. The motel may give you permission since they don't have food and their guests wouldn't have to go looking.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/29 11:19:52
It's always nice having a Doctor in the house..............I would check with Gas Stations, Self Service Car Washes, Mini Storage places, to plug into. The mini storage would also give you a more secure place to park. You could also rent a storage locker to store dry goods and even for a freeze and refer............Ask the Doctor for all the easy stuff, I'll be around for the more difficult questions................
  WE have Mexican Trucks setting up behind Car Washes, side of building all over the place. If you have good food, word of mouth will get you more business. I would check with private gas station owners, if your bringing in business it could help both of you..................pnwc
THE WILD DOG
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2011/07/29 21:27:24
park it in a walmart parking lot, they allow overnight parking for trucks, and rv's and etc.
Nashby
Junior Burger
Re:NEW Food Truck looking for a place to park in Baton Rouge, LA 2012/09/02 19:14:32
Have you had ay luck on parking place in Baton Rouge?  I am looking for a commissary - have any suggestions?