Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ

Sirloin
2011/08/06 14:41:59
We were on Washington Street, yesterday after a visit to Stevens Institute of Technology, and my love of pizza made me want to try Hoboken pizza Hadn't been in Hoboken to eat since the late 50's!!. My son recommended Benny Tudino's. He said I wouldn't believe the size of the slice.(Look at size of pie on the link below) Their in -house pie is 32"!!...and one slice fills two plates. Small little place,like most places in the area, but the pie was very good...not the best I've ever had, but very good...not up there with Dinino'...but boy, the size of that slice...and for about $4...a deal. Anyone else ever tried this place..or a slice from a 32" pie???

http://www.yelp.com/biz/benny-tudinos-pizzeria-hoboken
ken8038
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2011/08/07 08:28:56
I ate there with my family about 10 years ago (at the time my 2 kids were in thier teens). I don't think the pizza was 32 inches back then, must be a new gimmick to get more publicity. They still advertised as the largest slice in NJ, but a whole pie was 20 or 24 inches, I don't exactly remember. The four of us did finish it though. Our reaction was about the same as yours, very good but not the best ever.
For some reason my wife and I still remember mostly that they had only a couple of autographed pictures on the wall, one of which was Judge Ito from the OJ Simpson trail. I guess that was the best they could do in the celebrity department.

Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2011/08/07 18:24:22
Hello all ,
Was there about ten yrs ago , great pizza
Benzee
jerzeydawg
Cheeseburger
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2012/04/25 08:15:43
Hello Lee! I have been to Benny's Many times ....not in about 15 years though....I left Hudson County and i'm in Union county now. Back when i used to go to Benny's the pies were 24 inches.....Was a good pie....and always worth stopping back when in the area. I cant imagine handling slices from a 32 inch pie,,,,seems over kill especially when taken right out of the oven..Ouch!!
P.S. You haven t been to Hoboken since the 50's..Wow,,,, I bet you've been to the famous Clambroth House before.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2012/04/25 09:02:37
Benny Tudino's in <<<Hoboken>>> is very good. Like table wine...it may not be the best of the best that you ever or will have in a lifetime (enjoyed as a staple in life)...but that is a high threshold in an area with so so so many other great pizzas.

I love Denino's on Staten Island. Today I will enjoy Denino's in Aberdeen.

Aberdeen has an impressive shopping center on the Italian food meter with Livoti's & Denino's.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2012/04/25 09:13:38
Denino's is also in Brick. Great stuff!!
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2012/04/25 09:19:30
Jerzydawg,
     Never been to the Clambroth House, that I remember. I was a little kid then.
Back in the 50's, Hoboken wasn't a place we lingered in. We went there from our Union City home on Sunday to gert Pastry at DiBari's (wonder if it's still there) and fresh Italian bread for our sunday pasta(don't remember where, but it was where most of my relatives went!) Hoboken sure has gotten upper crust. Nice place, now.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Benny Tudino's in Hoboken, NJ 2012/04/25 09:28:20
You'd remember Clam Broth House from the very famous sign...that is hard to forget. 

http://theboken.com/tag/clam-broth-house/

It's Biggie's Clam Bar now.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/04/25 09:36:26