miami pan con lechon sandwich

Double Cheeseburger
2011/08/26 21:05:24
after going to this little gem for 24 years with no name on it i finally found out the name of it thru fellow chowhounders, hard core pan con lechon and tamales to its finest, no english really spoken here but they know what your there for just say how many and everything on it is mojo onions and mild hot sauce, we moved 2 counties away from it to palm beach and still make the trip, closed sundays, daytime only
papo llego y pon is the name  2920 nw 17 ave miami, you will never forget this place and cuban coffee, soda, pan con lechon and tamales is all they serve, quick 25 foot wide window service only
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:miami pan con lechon sandwich 2011/09/04 12:06:49
Hey, thanks for reporting on this, phatphil!  I did some digging, and found that it was awarded "Best Pork Sandwich" for 2009 in the Miami New Times.

Here's the listing.

That neighborhood is a Puerto Rican / Dominican barrio, but I wouldn't have any problem going there in the daytime.

Here's a link to the Yelp page which has some photos.
phatphil
Double Cheeseburger
Re:miami pan con lechon sandwich 2011/09/04 13:39:58
daytime is fine over there and place loaded with cops and undercovers eating and getting cuban coffee all day, alot of people peddlin fruit and veggies in bags, but a sandwich and tamale you will never forget, have glock will travel lol
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:miami pan con lechon sandwich 2011/09/05 05:57:26
FYI, for those who don't know restaurant Spanish, "Pan con Lechon" means bread with pork in Cuban, i.e a pork sandwich.  It is served on a section of a Cuban bread loaf, which is long and white, sort of like a sub roll.