Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 39 of 77 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/24 21:33:43
BBQ'd brisket, apple slaw, german potato salad & rolls.

Mosca
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 00:17:10
Two ballpark hot dogs with mustard and sweet relish, Bush's baked beans, and store bought potato salad.
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 13:48:36
Sunday nights dinner.............
Pork Roast with Chutney, Garlic mashed potatoes, peas and German chocolate cake for dessert.

agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 15:12:23
iluvcfood

Sunday nights dinner.............
Pork Roast with Chutney, Garlic mashed potatoes, peas and German chocolate cake for dessert.

That looks so good!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 16:24:00
I'm finally getting my corned beef and cabbage, and I didn't even have to cook! We're going to my sister's house for my mom's birthday dinner. Mom even made soda bread, but it looks a little suspicious to me. Either way...I get good food without cooking!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 16:55:57
Happy Passover to my Jewish Friends and everyone else.

Going to my cousin's for a traditional Seder.

When my father was alive he made a glass Sparklett's bottle full of Cherry Vishnik.

I have about a cup of it left.  A Tablespoon of Daddy's Vishnick went in to this cake.  He'll be there with us tonight.

My addition to the Seder:

FLOURLESS ALMOND AND PORTO CAKE   Serves 12-15
INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups slivered almonds
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon Porto wine, optional or more to taste
1/4 cup apricot marmalade
1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
Whipped cream, optional
TO PREPARE
Butter a round 9 to 10 inch spring-form pan, and cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the almonds and sugar into a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Crack the eggs on top of the mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract and Port wine, if you will use it. Drop in the butter chunks, and process until smooth and thoroughly combined.
Pour the batter into the mold. Place on a rack in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The top will be nicely tanned, and the cake will feel springy to the touch and a toothpick should come out clean if inserted in the cake.
Remove from the oven and let the cake cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Unmold the cake, invert onto a platter and remove the parchment paper. Invert the cake again onto another platter to have the top of the cake right side up.
In a small saucepan, mix the apricot glaze with the lime juice. Set over medium heat and simmer for a couple minute.
With a brush, spread the apricot glaze on the outer circumference, about 1 to 2 inches, on the top of the cake. Sprinkle the glazed area with the toasted sliced almonds. You may serve the cake with whipped cream on the side, or on the top of the cake.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 17:00:32
Happy Passover Mar!

Beautiful tribute & cake!

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 17:09:21
Thank you!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 21:13:40
Is this the same recipe as your Passover cake from last year?

I remember! I can't find my keys but I remember your cake!
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 21:15:31
That's a sweet story, Mar.  I had to look up cherry vishnick, though--wasn't familiar with it.  That cake looks and sounds tasty!  Happy Passover.

Dinner tonight was pastrami and potato hash.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 21:17:50
I remember raspberries from last year.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 23:19:03
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 23:48:55

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 23:51:22
I don't know why it disappeared.

Last year was a chocolate mousse cake with raspberry sauce.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/25 23:55:43
Thanks for finding that post, CC.

Today's torte was simple to make.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 00:03:19

I'm stuffed!
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 00:36:01
Looks pretty good!  No wonder that Rolex band is a tight fit on your wrist! 
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 07:28:33
What a lovely looking seder!
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 11:11:13
Mar - that buffet and table/place settings are stunning! 
And CC - thank you for linking to her cake from last year--it looks and sounds incredible!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 11:31:21
I forgot the main meal:

We had brisket, matzoh kugel with and without mushrooms, sweet apple kugel, roasted asparagus, and some sort of a broccoli souffle.

There were only 12 of us and I'm still stuffed.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 12:10:58
My pleasure!

That's a GORGEOUS Seder!

Macarons & Macaroons!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 14:04:55
Mar, your family absolutely amazes me with the food y'all put out! That looks amazing.

Tonight I'm making a bastardized version of penne alla vodka for myself. Bastardized because all the recipes all for a whole pound of pasta and a gallon of sauce and there's just me, but also because I don't have any whipping cream, so I'm winging it with evaporated milk and butter. Who knows, it might turn into a recipe if I take notes.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 15:28:39
We like to eat! 

The macarons were amazing.  These came directly from France.  A couple of my relatives were just there.

They were all different flavors and I had my share.  The best part was that they were beautiful.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 16:53:28
They are very pretty babies!

Do you like your matzoh kugel with or without mushrooms?
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 19:45:27
Tonight was Thanksgiving-12 pound turkey with sausage/sage stuffing, yukon gold potatoes, and green beans( of course I made gravy using my giblet juice) Just was in the mood. I prepped it last night, Bob cooked and basted while I was at work. I am stuffed.......
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 20:28:04
Ann, that sounds so good! I have a free item coming from our local Shop Rite and I might just get a turkey!
Mar, Your Seder looks so good. I am not Jewish but saw Ron Ben Israel on Food Network make his aunt's matzo ball soup and it looked so good. I make home made chicken stock all of the time so this time I bought some matzo meal and was sure to skim the fat off of the stock and made my first matzo balls! I gave my boss who's Jewish but doesn't cook, containers of the stock, chicken, matzo balls and some egg noodles(her request). She shared it with her husband. They raved about it and I felt very accomplished! I am not Jewish but love ethnic and celebratory food of all kinds!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/26 20:56:40
Agnes, I'm proud of you!

I also love ethnic foods.

I ate the kugel with mushrooms.  My cousin didn't salt or season it enough for me so I topped it with gravy.  I ate just one slice of brisket along with some of the horseradish.

Tonight's dinner.... I've already sinned.  I drove through McDonald's for a broiled chicken sandwich.  I wanted something easy.

I also want more knaidlach (matzoh balls) but I'll have to make some soup first.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/27 10:19:55
Congratulations on the matzoh balls Agnes!

I remember seeing that episode of The Best Thing I Ever Made...I'll have to look for the recipe from Mr. Sweet Genius!
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/27 10:58:36
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/27 21:16:01
I had a gyro...and for some reason the picture looks somewhat obscene. I don't know how that happened and if I post it everyone will just try to figure it out. So maybe not.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/27 22:50:44
You already have my mind trying to figure it out!

I had an unphotogenic teriyaki rice bowl with gyoza.

Unfortunately the gyoza were deep fried so I only ate one.  What were they thinking?  I did not send them back.
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/27 23:17:19
I had leftover Coquilles St. Jacque's I made the other day. Late night at work!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/03/28 08:35:18
A classic dish that has a day on the calendar. National Coquilles St. Jacques Day is May 16th.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/28 08:37:49
agnesrob
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/03/28 08:44:44
Wow, I didn't know that CC! I'll have to make it again in May!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/03/28 08:51:25
Food Days are fun...when you can work them in. It looks as though today is National something-on-a-stick Day. Hmmm...

http://www.thenibble.com/...cts/holidays-march.asp
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/03/28 09:01:40
Sigh two days before my Birthday...

May 31 National Macaron Day

But nooooo. My Mother had to wait until National Rocky Road Day. She tells me it's a fitting day for me.

The first Friday in June is National Donut Day! I didn't know that until right now! Sorry Mother!

In 2017 my Birthday is National Donut Day! Woooohoooo!
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/28 09:16:14
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 09:53:26
CCinNJ

I had a gyro...and for some reason the picture looks somewhat obscene. I don't know how that happened and if I post it everyone will just try to figure it out. So maybe not.

What a tease!  Now we all REALLY want to see it.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 10:11:15
It's Holy Thursday aka Thursday of the Mysteries...

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 13:03:59
Last night was:
Boneless center cut pork chops
Chipoltle Cheddar mashed potatoes
blue berry muffins

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 13:05:42
CCinNJ

It's Holy Thursday aka Thursday of the Mysteries...

Do you celebrate that with some fish and bread with watery wine that tastes a little like iron??

(now ducks under the desk to hide from the Lightning Strike)
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 13:08:16
Ooooh The Easter Bunny is gonna bring you bad candy for that!

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 13:32:21

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 13:35:12
Last night's dinner was roasted pork tenderloin (perfectly pink in the middle) , oven roasted Yukon gold potatoes and tender, tiny Brussels sprouts.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 15:55:36
Carbs, glorious carbs! Mom is going out for dinner, so I'm having some pasta tossed with butter, garlic and parmesan, along with some cheater garlic bread (toast with butter and garlic salt) and a banana.
ChrisOC
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 19:24:24
Arroz con pollo.  There is a definite advantage to having a Puerto Rican wife!!!
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 19:41:53
Lots of great sounding stuff, my friends. Coquille St. Jacque leftovers? There were leftovers? LOL!
Tonight was open faced hot turkey and gravy on a nice Tuscan bread.( Lord-sound like my Mother with the"nice" comment) Homemade potato salad....and  green beans. My husband of almost 34 years announced the other day that green beans are his favorite vegetable. I never knew.
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/28 20:52:56
Hey Ann, I sound more and more like my Mom too! I know about the leftovers! My kids don't like scallops like my husband and I do! Go figure! I really do love the "on a nice Tuscan bread" description. It sounds like me! There are so many things my husband and I don't know about each other and then again so many things we do know.  keeps things interesting I guess!
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/29 18:47:29
Tonight was moussaka. I had all of the ingredients I needed, ground lamb, eggplant, canned tomatoes, so I was inspired!

I love the flavor of this dish with the spicing of cinnamon, clove and allspice. 
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/29 21:36:46
Tonight I had a giant slice of barbecue chicken and bacon pizza while running the LED ribbon board at work with the other hand, because we had literally NO time between games. I have a love/hate relationship with NCAA hockey finals.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/29 22:09:27
It's a day of fasting for me today...but I am so pleased to see the Tito's Tacos Roadood review. I love Tito's Tacos....you love Tito's too.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/29 23:11:57
CC:    Have a wonderful Easter

I took my mother and her caregiver out for the day. 

It was going to be a special surprise for Hilda, the caregiver because one of our stops after driving by my grandparent's house and the house they had before that one.

First we stopped at their favorite restaurant...  Soup Plantation.

Then it was the drive culminating at a weekly Farmer's Market in the city of Eaglerock.

I knew that there was a vendor there selling something that Hilda loves and hasn't been able to get since leaving the Philippines.

My gift to her...  3 gorgeous Balut.  Gorgeous to her and maybe a mamma duck.  Hilda almost cried.

I made her promise to not eat them in front of me. 

Found out that the vendor had been selling there at the Farmer's Market every Friday since 1976.  He must sell a few eggs.

Me?  I came home and had a ham and cheese sandwich.

I'm a sinner.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/29 23:29:11
I am with CC a big NOTHING today!  SIGHHHHH (It's only (1) day a year)

I am looking forward to Sunday Dinner though.

Do you know how hard it is to boil eggs, and not eat a hot fresh egg with a little butter and some salt and pepper.
post edited by CajunKing - 2013/03/29 23:30:41
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/29 23:31:50
Balut " />
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 11:03:03
mar52

CC:    Have a wonderful Easter

I took my mother and her caregiver out for the day. 

It was going to be a special surprise for Hilda, the caregiver because one of our stops after driving by my grandparent's house and the house they had before that one.

First we stopped at their favorite restaurant...  Soup Plantation.

Then it was the drive culminating at a weekly Farmer's Market in the city of Eaglerock.

I knew that there was a vendor there selling something that Hilda loves and hasn't been able to get since leaving the Philippines.

My gift to her...  3 gorgeous Balut.  Gorgeous to her and maybe a mamma duck.  Hilda almost cried.

I made her promise to not eat them in front of me. 

Found out that the vendor had been selling there at the Farmer's Market every Friday since 1976.  He must sell a few eggs.

Me?  I came home and had a ham and cheese sandwich.

I'm a sinner.

Balut - I had to look that up.  Eeew.
Ham & cheese should be covered by Yom Kippur.    Time for plenty of sinning between now and then.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 11:44:02
Thank you Mar!

Jersey City has so many wonderful Filipino restaurants and markets...

http://www.destinationjer...uide-to-little-manila/

My hands start to shake while minding my own business purchasing my Lumpia...and seeing Balut near the register of American Pinoy Market.

Jersey City (my birthplace) was also home to a Deli by Canter's before moving to Los Angeles and starting Canter's Deli. There's even a sandwich on the menu called Jersey City!

http://www.cantersdeli.com/history.html

There's an overview of Canter's by Michael Stern (Breakfast) but no Roadfood review.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/30 12:09:30
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 14:02:29
love2bake:  can you imagine that I only get one day to atone?

CCinNJ:  My dad dated one of the Canter daughters prior to meeting my mother.  My grandparents' market/meat & smoked fish deli was on Brooklyn Avenue, very close to the original Canter's.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 14:29:11
Holy smoke! That's SO cool...and very appetizing!

Yum... the Brooklyn Ave. sandwich on the Canter's menu.

I saw the 3 Decker section ...Hollywood...Las Vegas ...Jersey City.

Wait a minute! Jersey City? Jersey City!!!!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 17:53:04
I believe I have a new Roadfood hoodie to design...

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 22:07:22
Mar - I think it's fabulous to have only one day to cover it all!    It's so tidy.

Had breakfast for dinner: experimented with a Meyer Lemon Ricotta Dutch Baby Pancake with blueberry compote. 

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 22:14:51
After dragging myself home from day two of NCAA hockey finals, all I had energy for was pulling a container of ham and bean soup out of the freezer. With some Club crackers, it was pretty darn fine. And now I'm going to need to sleep for at least 12 hours.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/30 22:21:04
Every year my Mother always says "you're gonna be GOOD on Good Friday. NO NOTHIN' RIGHT?"

That really means somethin'.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 39 of 77 - Powered by APG vNext Trial