Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 73
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/20 23:59:43
chefbuba

25 minutes for a thin NY steak????" />" />

These are thicker than usual...a full 1" raw...not those "thin as shoe leather" things some places sell...

Started off real hot with all 3 burners going, slapped the meat over the middle burner to "mark" the meat, then turned the middle burner down and lowers the hood to give it a bit of baking action (hood thermometer of dubious accuracy said it was 450*)...

When the hood is down I can still look inside by looking through the rear vent slots to monitor the process and see how close I am to either perfection, or ruin...

You can see in the 1st photo the fat marbling has been rendered...

And in the 2nd photo it didn't take much of a "resting period" for the juices to start running...

I was to busy eating to snap a picture of the slightly pink inside...but it was a perfect medium rare to medium well done...

I've spent this summer getting myself "dialed in" to this grill...and so far I haven't ruined anything too bad...heh heh...(mostly amazingly good)...it's still an experiment and I have yet to try out the rotisserie option on this grill...
We're having a very unusual dry December here in North and Central California, and this is the only reason I'm still able to grill...

fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/22 13:48:13
Breakfast night! Pancakes,and sausage.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/22 13:48:31
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/22 14:53:49
I take it you're having 2 servings of each?
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/22 15:01:06
I'm doing the crab-stuffed chicken breasts again. With...some vegetables...I have no idea. Maybe a salad.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/23 18:16:21
What's for dinner tonight? Well, here it'll be the Feast of the Two (shell) Fishes.

For some reason, while attempting to buy some king crab at Costco, lleechef kept fighting me as to the number of legs to buy. Little did I know there was a method to her madness.
Turns out, there was a delivery for her from FedEx after we got home, and I'm told to leave the room.Shortly thereafter I'm called back into the room where there's a Christmas-wrapped package on my chair, and orders to go ahead and open it.

Dinner tonight will be a pair of two-pound lobsters shipped overnight from the Commercial Lobster Company of Boston, along with half the fifty bucks worth of king crab.

And here I wanted to go to the Waffle House.
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2011/12/23 18:26:07
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/23 18:20:20
Ya know Michael....you aren't half the curmudgeon you used to be

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/23 18:27:05
Damn! Where did I go wrong?
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/23 18:38:27
I made a variation of what I call pantry stew. Ground beef, onion, green pepper, can of corn, can of kidney beans, can of red beans, can of black beans, huge can of crushed tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, bunch of Cajun Power garlic sauce, some Tabasco, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic powder. Served with grated cheese on top.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/23 19:23:39
Glad to hear that everyone is eating well. 

My plan is to make Chicken Picata tonight but I just ate that fruitcake.  Maybe in a couple of hours.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 14:41:48
Appetizers tonight:

Crab Rangoon
Cucumber Roulades with Smoked Salmon
Shrimp Shooters
Artichoke Dip with Crostini
Mini Cheeseballs with Flatbread Crisps
Lobster Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
Mini Caramel Chocolate Cheesecakes
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 19:29:22
Fruitcake...????

I guess it would be silly to even ask if those things come with an expiration date on them, huh...???

Did it come with a label that said "Made with ingrediants of unknown origin"...???

Was there a bio-hazard logo on the label...???

Will we need to call the Haz-Mat folks to check in on you...???
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 19:39:56
Dinner tonight is grilled Hunk-O-Meat...

Beef...

Safeway had a sale on a 4 pack of thick cut Noo Yawk steaks at substantial savings...

I can't pass up savings like that

Oh dear...!!! 

I just realized that I'm totally out of cookies...!!!

Santa will not be happy...maybe if I put some chocolate syrup in his milk it will be ok...

How on earth could I forget cookies for Santa...???

Oh...wait...

I  *did*  buy cookies 3 days ago...

And them ate them...

oh oh...
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 20:55:15
I made the Chicken Piccata tonight. 

I'm really loving the Montebello Capellini that cooks in just three minutes.

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 22:19:01
After an early afternoon of appetizer buffet grazing that culminated in a nice roast beef sandwich, what I had for dinner tonight was...not a darn thing!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 23:01:12
Marvelous roast turkley, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mashed rutabaga, beyond-belief gravy, cranberry sauce, and a perfect pinot noir.

And just a few moments ago, a turkey sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise, stuffing and cranberry sauce.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/24 23:13:32
12oz NY steak, baked yam, sauteed mushroom caps, zucchini sauteed w/ onion, garlic & fresh thyme & a piece of pumpkin pie!

Prime Rib for dinner tomorrow.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/25 20:14:47
I'm really kinda loving that there are only two of us for major holiday meals. It means I can spend more on better food because I don't have to make as much.  Our Christmas dinner this year: roast leg of lamb, red potatoes with garlic and parsley, lime-infused asparagus spears, Grandma Unrath salad (that's what it's called in my family, as it's the one Grandma Unrath always made), and Grands honey butter biscuits. Dessert is a pumpkin spice cake frosted with pumpkin pie cream cheese spread (and decorated with hollyberry sprinkles to be festive).

chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/25 23:32:52
We did prime rib, sweet potatoes & creamed spinach.........

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/26 18:55:34
Earlier this afternoon I smoked a couple of beef shanks for about an hour and then threw them in the soup pot.  Early quality control checks point to a successful outcome.

Brad
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/26 19:26:24
Leftovers from yesterday, sans the biscuits and dessert. Turns out the lamb is even better when reheated, which is rarely the case with meat. I'm really glad to have added it to my repertoire.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/27 14:24:33
Safeway had NY steak on sale again, so I got a 4 pack...

2 down...2 to go...

(I'm trying to keep photos small-ish...it takes a long time to download for those of us on dial-up)

SeamusD
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/27 16:00:37
Black bean nachos and salsa tonight. Was jonesing for something simple and spicy after all of the savory, rich food I consumed over the holiday. I love ham and turkey, but it'll be a month or so before I can look at another one of either.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/28 19:53:59
I did what I call Corned Beef Boiled Dinner. Because it's neither corned beef and cabbage nor New England Boiled Dinner, but a combination of the two. Corned beef, cabbage, onions, carrots, red potatoes and turnips.

baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/29 23:11:26
Grilled Pork Chops
Hasselback Potatoes
Salad

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/30 00:46:23
fishtaco

Biscuits and sausage gravy here tonight and banana bread in the oven for dessert

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/30 00:49:31
Christmas eve dinner was:

Smoked Turkey Tetrazini
Slow cooked green beans
garlic bread
wonderful salad crunchy and green with mushrooms cheese and bleu cheese dressing
kathy_in_wlsv
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/30 13:37:03
Home made vegetable beef soup made from the leftover roast beef from christmas dinner.
Beef, carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, spinach, dilatini, garlic, green beans.

Been in the crock pot since 10 am, will serve at 4ish. Will serve with warm crusty rolls. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/30 14:36:29
Hot turkey sandwich with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mashed rutabagas and cranberry sauce.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/30 23:01:18
We did some chicken wings on the grill and put a frozen supreme pizza in the oven.   It was okay for Friday night - we're tired and ready to get rested  for another three day weekend of cooking and football.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/30 23:32:04
Felix, I forgot to comment on your picture.  It looks fabulous.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 00:31:31
I heated up a can of Tomato Soup with a can of Veggie Broth and have it as a drink along with a Crunchy Peanut Butter on Whole Wheat sandwich.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 01:09:37
Picked up some hot, prepared food from Gelson's, a grocery store near here.

Fried Chicken, Fried fish, roasted potatoes and macaroni and cheese.

emmymom
Hamburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 15:15:16
Our New Years Eve spread:
Beef and Corn Empanadas
Prosciutto
Sesame Grissini
Fresh Mozzarella
Pepper Jack
Mixed Olives
Cherry Tomatoes
Baby Carrots
Tzatsiki Dip with Pita Crisps
New Years Eve Cookies
Strawberries, grapes, orange wedges, pineapple
Sparking apple-grape juice
w/ my sweetie in front of the TV - we like CNN with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin
tomorrow - pork and sauerkraut from the crockpot, with mashed potatoes and homemade applesauce
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 16:13:21
mar52

Felix, I forgot to comment on your picture.  It looks fabulous.

Thanks!

Tonight we're grazing in the booth while we work the hockey game. Little Smokies wrapped in bacon, two cheese balls with crackers, cherry and blueberry breads, BBQ meatballs, and probably some other stuff. It's a tradition for the six of us who work every year.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 16:23:40
I just finished part of my share of tonight's dinner:

Chicken Marsala for three of us.

I'll also be frying one chicken breast in Panko crumbs for he that doesn't like Marsala.  Jerk.

Pasta will be prepared later along with a salad and vegetable.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Everyone!
cavandre
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 17:15:05
Staying in & making steak au poivre, baked potato & asparagus.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 19:06:32
Just made Bob a big batch of enchiladas. I will have smokesd oysters and cheese and crackers.
chefbuba
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2011/12/31 20:07:52
Chicken & dumplings
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/02 14:10:54
Sirloin Tip steaks last night...

I was supposed to drive up to Crescent City, but my back went out and I'm mostly back in my wheelchair...

The steaks were fairly thin so they didn't take long to cook on the outdoor grill, which is good because I can't stand or walk very long when my back is like this...and I'm kinda "off my feed" and I ate 1 and put the other in the 'fridge...

baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/02 22:31:01
Football is on - we had a mini cheeseball with flatbread crisps
The 7 Layer Mexican Dip with black bean Tostitos - which are very good
Broiled Shrimp with Cocktail and Tartar Sauce.
And a glass of very dry white wine.

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/02 23:46:32
Quick and easy "Italian Stroganoff" (I don't know IF there IS such a thing, I'm just trying to invent something fast):

1 box of Fettuccini Alfredo + leftover bbq steak

Boil noodles, reheat bbq steak after slicing thin, add powdered "sauce mix" and bbq beef, stir and serve...grated parmasean on top is an option, and toasted garlic bread is also a nice touch if y'all have some sourdough in the house...

Nights like this I need something quick & dirty like this when I can stand for only a few minutes at a time...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/03 00:55:09
Honey soy chicken served with roasted sweet potatoes and a bag salad with grape tomatoes added.

Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 13:32:11
I am excited about dinner tonight.  Yesterday, my  grandaughter and I  decided  (after waching the Movie "Julia and Julie"  that we would make her beef bourguignon for dinner  tonight...........it killed me to pour that twenty dollar bottle of pinor noir into the pot!  (not to mention flaming the cognac!

Anyway, it is now in the oven and we are hoping for a really great meal.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 20:02:38
Glad to see you again, my friend! Love to hear about you and your grandaughter's( and her friends) food adventures!!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 21:57:49
I made up something I've chosen to call Gingersnap Pork Chili because it's based on my Gingersnap Pork recipe. For having virtually no red pepper or hot sauce of any kind in it, it's got pretty darn tasty heat. It's the combination of vinegar, lemon juice and fresh grated ginger that does it. Shoot...now my mouth is watering. I may have to go grab a spoonful.

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 22:12:11
Lots of acids and proteins there in that dish...you got sourdough...???

What, not even dried red pepper flakes...??? 

Time to go shopping...!!!

(edited because I'm clumsy at the keyboard)

post edited by BackRhodes - 2012/01/03 22:14:25
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 22:16:09
Nope, not even red pepper flakes. And only 1 teaspoon of Tabasco, which it doesn't even really need, I just like it. I would normally serve it with cornbread, but carbs are verboten at my house unless they also come with more than 6g of fiber per serving.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/gingersnap-pork-chili
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 22:23:12
felix4067:
I noticed something in your recipe on Recipezazz, and I think you might like to correct it.  In the ingredient list you list garlic root instead of ginger root.

By the way, that is a nice picture of you
!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 22:58:25
GAH! Thank you! I hate when I type stupid.

And thanks. I kinda like that one.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 23:34:36
Dinner was Royal: 2 grilled Sir-loin tips...

The "Cave Man diet" is a popular one these days, but they didn't have the advantage of a 50,000 BTU grill...
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/03 23:59:42
What I had for dinner tonight was a gift from my mother's care giver.

Her husband is from Jamaica and makes his own jerk sauce.

She brought me a whole jerk chicken as well as a jar of his home made jerk sauce.

My lips are still on fire.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/04 00:00:32
BackRhodes:  How's the back?
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/04 16:11:58
The old Breakfast for Dinner tonight. Sausage Gravy, Fried Potatoes, Biscuit's and a couple eggs Sunny side up!
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/04 16:19:45
Dinner tonight will be a good old fashioned stuffed meat loaf  with mashed potatoes,  green beans and homemeade apple sauce.  Oh yes, grandaughter's homemade cresent rolls.........................She made three batches of them  last week and we froze them.  She is becoming quite the cook and baker.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/04 18:57:44
I fixed some weird hamburgers that I blended with some sausage, onions, peppers, toasted bread, several spices including onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder.  I made cole slaw with horseradish, salad dressing, onions minced, black pepper, coffee creamer, lime juice and some sugar.  Very good.  I made some frites (french fries) that I sliced thick and long.  I fried them the Belgium way.  I fried them first at 325F, pulled them when they were barely tan and let them cool totally, turned the fryer up to 375F and fried to the color I desired.  Really good.

I also put some beef hot links in the fryer and let them fry until they cracked.  Really good;

I am taking Mamaw Smith a plate of all of the above when I have coffee with her at 4:00AM and have coffee and read the morning paper.  Incidentally, Mamaw Smith will be 90 in a few weeks.  She is still very active, works the garden and keeps my grandkids when they are out of school.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/04 22:59:33
Y'all are making me hungry...

Paul, the double fry method for your fries IS superb, yet something most restaurants won't invest the time for (or don't know about)...and yer burgers sound fairly normal to me...what type beef hot links...???

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/04 23:08:06
mar52    BackRhodes:  How's the back?      

Feeling better...thanks...

I felt good enough to drive, and I needed some salsa verde therapy, so I had tacos in Willits (68 miles round trip) for a late 4:oo PM brunch...

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm saving up my srength to go buy and haul a new 4.5 C.F. reefer (Frigidaire)...Santa Rosa is a 250 mile round trip journey, but I might have to go further...

You see, ya feel better, then you go do stuff to throw your back out again, rest up...and repeat...not unlike Sysiphus...

BTW...have you been to Mama Cozza's in Anahiem...???
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/05 00:05:06
Greymo, how was the Beef Bourguignon?

I had heard that Corn Pops (once known as Sugar Pops) were being taken off the market so for dinner tonight I had a bowl with vanilla almond milk.

I loved them as a kid.  Now, not so much.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/05 09:41:31

Thank you for asking. It was a great success and  is a wonderful  " do it a day ahead dish". My son took some in to work the next day to share with a co-worker and this is part of an email that the co-worker sent to me:

Kay,
Thank you for making that wonderfully flavored Beef Bourguignon. Art was kind enough to share this wonderful dish with me today. I am very appreciative of the time, care, and effort it took to develop this fine full-bodied dish. It was truly magnificent.

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 73