The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 71 of 128, messages 2101 to 2130 of 3832
felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 02/24/13 5:32 PM (permalink)
It's Sunday, which means I must be making a casserole out of leftovers or other things that won't survive trash night. Sliced roast leg of lamb from the freezer (it was Christmas dinner) layered with sliced potatoes, onions, celery and green beans, with my homemade beef stock for liquid and various seasonings that sounded good. Still in the oven, but my house smells fabulous.

Edited to add picture. It was even better than it smelled!

<message edited by felix4067 on Sun, 02/24/13 10:45 PM>

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 02/25/13 9:50 PM (permalink)
    Tonight if was pan fried haddock dusted with coriander and cumin with mashed potatoes and spinach with garlic, mushrooms and kalamata olives and just a squeeze of lemon. It was good but the fish was overloaded with water. It was suppose to fry in olive oil skin side down until the skin crisped...as soon as the fish hit the pan it started bubbling up water. It was tasty but the texture wasn't there.

I'm trying to do my bit to try to lower cholesterol and lose some weight lately so I've been eating more fish and vegetarian meals...so far so good, taste-wise.

NJ/Texan

• Total Posts: 46
      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 6:36 AM (permalink)
      I've been down with an upper respiratory infection, so soup has been my friend. Today I have my appetite back, so the Mr will help me pull together a nice Polish dinner - fresh kielbasa with sauerkraut/apple/onion, fat pirogues from the Polish-American Deli, rye bread and purple horseradish.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 7:42 AM (permalink)
        Just read the "Tenderloins" thread, part of it anyway.  Made me get in touch with my craving for tenderloins.  I decided that's what I'll fix for dinner tonight.

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
          Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 4:03 PM (permalink)
          Tonight is leftover homemade meatballs and sauce that I made last night, on top of spaghetti. Been looking forward to it all day.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 5:42 PM (permalink)
            Seamus

That sounds good, i think i will grab a loaf of garlic bread on the way home and have spaghetti tonight.

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 5:44 PM (permalink)
              Now I want spaghetti, too. But what I'm going to have is leftovers of the lamb and potato casserole...made from leftovers. Not sure how many times I can eat them. 

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 7:01 PM (permalink)
                felix
                I feel for you, have the lamb and potatoes tonight spaghetti is an easy quick meal that is good any time.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                  Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 7:39 PM (permalink)
                  I had a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, catsup and mustard along with a half order of fries from Howard's Original Burger.

In the same mini mall resides a Baskin Robbins called 31 Flavors by me.  I had two...  Jamoca Almond Fudge and some chocolate flavor which I believe was called Buckets of Love.  It was chocolate ice cream  with tiny chocolate cups filled with a raspberry cream.  Next time I go back to Rocky Road and Jamoca ALmond Fudge.

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 8:03 PM (permalink)
                    NJ/Texan

I've been down with an upper respiratory infection, so soup has been my friend. Today I have my appetite back, so the Mr will help me pull together a nice Polish dinner - fresh kielbasa with sauerkraut/apple/onion, fat pirogues from the Polish-American Deli, rye bread and purple horseradish.

Now that sounds good and comforting! Yum! Glad you're feeling better!

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7740
                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 8:07 PM (permalink)
                      I have a nightmare of a migraine so I had Chicken rice soup from the Chinese restaurant...and a box of Hot Tamales.

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 8:29 PM (permalink)
                        Well. I suffered from migraines for many years and that meal sounds about right!

fabulousoyster

• Total Posts: 1855
                          Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 02/26/13 8:51 PM (permalink)
                          Just made some cheepo 99cents ramen soup in a pot.  Added cut up zucchini, cilantro, red pepper, peas.  After 5 minutes, poured in 2 eggs, shut off the heat and let it sit for another 5.  Sometimes I just gotta have foods of my youth....

carlton pierre

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 02/27/13 6:19 AM (permalink)
                            I made a couple of bread puddings for dessert for last night's dinner.  I'd never made it but now I want to make some more and try a whiskey sauce.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 02/27/13 7:27 AM (permalink)
                              Jamoca almond fudge ! Al and I talked about that on our trip as a favorite! Funny everyone is mentioning meat sauce and spaghetti-on the menu tonight! A foot of snow on the ground after a harrowing bus ride last night-now to walk in this sh**. Taking an earlier bus to be on time at work.......

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 02/27/13 11:06 AM (permalink)
                                Yesterday I picked up an order of beef so I also bought a nice, thick ribeye from the display case; I grilled it and we split it for dinner along with several baked potatoes.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                                  Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 12:08 PM (permalink)
                                  CCinNJ

I have a nightmare of a migraine so I had Chicken rice soup from the Chinese restaurant...and a box of Hot Tamales.

Awwww--I'm so sorry to hear this.  Migraines are so horrible and debilitating--I hope someone fixed that soup and tamales for you.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 12:22 PM (permalink)
                                    Thank you L2B!

My oldest son went and got the soup. The Hot Tamales were a box of candy...that did indeed make me feel much better.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2225
                                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 7:46 PM (permalink)
                                      I had some Flank steak left over, easy fast meal..........Flank Staek with Bearnaise sauce, White rice and corn...........

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 900
                                        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 9:31 PM (permalink)
                                        Oh my.......That looks good!!

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                                          Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 9:49 PM (permalink)
                                          Nice color combination, Bill!

I kept it simple tonight.

A quick marinade in Italian dressing... Small ribeye served with straw masquerading as string beans.

iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 395
                                            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 10:27 PM (permalink)
                                            Orange chicken and white rice tonight for us!  Yummmmmmmmy

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Wed, 02/27/13 10:42 PM (permalink)
                                              I got distracted and totally forgot to make anything, so I ended up with a bowl of peanut butter crunch cereal and some vanilla yogurt.

love2bake

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 02/28/13 11:47 AM (permalink)
                                                CCinNJ

Thank you L2B!

My oldest son went and got the soup. The Hot Tamales were a box of candy...that did indeed make me feel much better.

Hahhaa--I wasn't even thinking about the Hot Tamales candy!!  I wonder if the "heat" in them somehow helps the blood vessels constrict.  Wouldn't that be in interesting cure.  Someone's probably studied that, though.

Mar - that's simple??  Wow.  My dinner's are primitive then.   I made a BBQ brisket sandwich--not photoworthy, unfortunately, and 6 pts on WW.

love2bake

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 02/28/13 11:50 AM (permalink)
                                                  carlton pierre

I made a couple of bread puddings for dessert for last night's dinner.  I'd never made it but now I want to make some more and try a whiskey sauce.

Mmmmmm... bread puddings are fabulous, with endless possibilities!!  They're pretty good for breakfast, too, but that's a different thread.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 02/28/13 12:00 PM (permalink)
                                                    There was a study about the cinnamon candy connection as far as relief for migraines. I have lived and maintained on the WW points system forever... for body by WW.

I believe the box is 12 points on the old point system (I never converted to the new point system). I needed those points though.

carlton pierre

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 02/28/13 1:18 PM (permalink)
                                                      love2bake

carlton pierre

Mmmmmm... bread puddings are fabulous, with endless possibilities!!  They're pretty good for breakfast, too, but that's a different thread.
                                                      Great idea.  I hadn't thought of bread pudding as a breakfast item, but I also thought they're probably good anytime.

carlton pierre

• Location: Knoxville, TN
                                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 02/28/13 1:19 PM (permalink)
                                                        Here's my list for the next few day's worth of dinners to make:  Tenderloins.
                                                        Tuna salad. Crab cakes.  Clam Chowder.  Corned beef and cabbage.  That's a pretty hefty list.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2225
                                                          • Location: Kennewick, WA
                                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 02/28/13 2:05 PM (permalink)
                                                          carlton pierre

Here's my list for the next few day's worth of dinners to make:  Tenderloins.
                                                          Tuna salad. Crab cakes.  Clam Chowder.  Corned beef and cabbage.  That's a pretty hefty list.

I like this list, now we can all plan on what day we are coming over for dinner. I'm coming for the Corned Beef and Cabbage..............Ok, I'll mow the grass...........

NJ/Texan

• Total Posts: 46
                                                            • Joined: 11/11/2012
                                                            • Location: Berlin, NJ
                                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 02/28/13 6:52 PM (permalink)
                                                            Easy tonight with Caesar salad and grilled steak - yum!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 71 of 128, messages 2101 to 2130 of 3832

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 11 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com