Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)?

Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/14 12:26:14
Now that Jason Campbell is a Bear I expect him to bring in that culture of leadship and success that defined his career in Washington.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/14 20:31:27
ScreamingChicken

Now that Jason Campbell is a Bear I expect him to bring in that culture of leadship and success that defined his career in Washington.

Culture of leadship and success?????????
Certainly you jest!!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/14 20:34:42
ScreamingChicken
While this is more of a segue into the upcoming season, the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall yesterday and reunited him with Jay Cutler.
Might be a great move if Marshall can stay out of trouble, as apparently 2 days ago he was involved in an altercation outside a New York nightclub.

Chicago Metro is on alert!!
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/15 04:12:24
Screaming Chicken-
I like the move to sign a solid back-up for Cutler rather than having Caleb Hanie.  Not sure about his leadership abilities, but he was said to be showing a lot of good qualities before getting injured in Oakland.  He's not spectecular, but he is serviceable and he could start in places like Arizona, Cleveland, Miami, or Seattle right now.  I think he'll make an ideal back-up.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/15 08:26:20
Yeah, Campbell is a good, talented kid that suffered under the constant coaching changes in DC. 

Don't forget, the Ghost of Joe Gibbs thought enough of him to trade up to pick him in the first round. 

With stability and competent coaching he may be the second coming of Alex Smith.  In any case, Da Bears certainly got him on the cheap - always a good thing.
cavandre
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/15 09:20:48
Tampa Bay scooped up Vincent Jackson, then added an All-Pro guard & a cornerback...Not a bad haul!
saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/16 00:33:26
The Bucs did make a pretty good splash with Jackson and Nicks.  Wright is an OK corner.  Freeman and Mike Williams took a step back last year, but if they can turn things around and Jackson keeps his attitude in check, they could have a pretty exciting passing game.  I hear a lot of people talking up Arrelious Benn as well.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/16 08:04:56
So Peyton is a Titan!

He must really love Prince's Hot Chicken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xXxV9qIPg
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/16 16:23:22
MetroplexJim
So Peyton is a Titan! 
He must really love Prince's Hot Chicken! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xXxV9qIPg

As Lee Corso would say,"Not so fast my friend!". It ain't over yet! AZ is now out of contention BUT
Manning worked out for the 49ers on Tuesday night at Duke in Durham, N.C., with coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman witnessing a passing session that was described by a source as "very impressive" -- enough so that the 49ers sent a doctor to Durham to conduct a physical exam Wednesday.
Once Manning works out for the Titans, the process of football discussions, medical reviews related to his neck surgeries, physical workouts and parameters of a contract will be in place for the quarterback to make a decision on his next team.
There is no known deadline for Manning's decision, but the process has been exhaustive since he was released March 7 by the Colts. Before Friday's visit with Denver, it was Manning who insisted upon working out for the teams, endorsing the integrity of the process.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/16 16:33:47
BREAKNG NEWS IN MANNING MANIA!
The private plane of Broncos owner Pat Bowlen left Denver en route to Raleigh-Durham on Friday morning, landing at 1:15 p.m. ET.
Among Broncos officials on board to watch Manning, according to the sources, were John Elway, executive VP for football operations; head coach John Fox; offensive coordinator Mike McCoy; quarterback coach Adam Gase; general manager Brian Xanders; and a medical team. They got into a white van near the plane.
They arrived at Duke about 30 minutes later and drove through a gate outside the football team's practice facilities.
Manning was to work out for them at the indoor facility at Duke.
He was seen leaving the Blue Devils' indoor facilities wearing blue shorts, a gray T-shirt and no helmet and heading to the outdoor practice field followed by Elway and Fox.
Duke coach David Cutcliffe, who has observed Manning work out and throw several times the past few months in Durham, told The Tennessean of Nashville that Manning will have what it takes to play at the highest level when he resumes his career this fall.
"It's incredible how much progress he's made in throwing the football," Cutcliffe told the newspaper. "He's gotten his arm strength back and his accuracy is there.
"I'm not an NFL coach, of course, but I think I know what it takes to complete passes in the NFL, and it's clear that Peyton can make all those throws," said Cutcliffe, who was Manning's offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee from 1994 to 1997 and remains one of his friends.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/16 16:39:10
Folks, the 49ers are also in play with Manning. Currently, it appears to be Denver, Tennessee and San Fransisco. Manning has worked out for all three.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/17 08:08:53
If I were Alex Smith - waiting all those years for some stability, I'd be pi$$ed.  If I were Tebow, I'd know in my heart that I need a few more years learning how to pass effectively & play the pro game.  Does Tennessee have a QB?
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/17 08:38:40
The Titans have Hasselback who is pretty good.  If Manning chooses the Titans, Hasselback will be traded or cut.  Bud Adams has been adamant that he wants Peyton and has offered him a lifetime job in the front office after his QB days are over.

It is up to Manning now to choose between the 49's, Bronco's and the Titans.  Folks in Tennessee hope that Manning will choose the Titans.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 02:21:19
I hope Manning Mania is over soon. I'm tired of it.
Where's Tebow when you need a little mania diversity???
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 07:26:10
Sundancer7
It is up to Manning now to choose between the 49's, Bronco's and the Titans.  Folks in Tennessee hope that Manning will choose the Titans.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

I'd like to see Manning finish his pro career near where he played college ball, but going to a conference rival is very Farve-like.  I thought Peyton was better than that.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 08:42:37
Foodbme

I hope Manning Mania is over soon. I'm tired of it.
Where's Tebow when you need a little mania diversity???

Do I sense a hint of bitterness?

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 08:52:42
Sundancer7

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

The more I think about it, so do I.

Again, the "kiss" he gave Irsay after being kicked to the curb like an injured cur had a "Michael kissing Fredo" flavor to it.

Senator Peyton William Manning, R - TN has a nice "ring" to it.
cavandre
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 09:06:11
JRPfeff

Sundancer7

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

I'd like to see Manning finish his pro career near where he played college ball, but going to a conference rival is very Farve-like.  I thought Peyton was better than that.

It's going to take the Colts 2 or 3 seasons to rebuild...the likely length of any contract Peyton signs. But if he wants the best chance at another Super Bowl, the Niners give him the best shot. This is a tough one to handicap!
saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 13:47:55
MetroplexJim

If I were Alex Smith - waiting all those years for some stability, I'd be pi$$ed.  If I were Tebow, I'd know in my heart that I need a few more years learning how to pass effectively & play the pro game.  Does Tennessee have a QB?

Alex Smith shouldn't be upset.  He's a free agent but he's average and a "caretaker" quarterback.  He had a nice year and maybe he'll continue to improve, but he's hardly elite.  If he were, he woudn't have sat on the market this long with minimal interest.

leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 14:39:49
Where's the NFL chatter??....for me it's muted...it's baseball (Yankee) season....and time to talk about America's favorite past-time...no not that one...Baseball!!!
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 14:43:24
leethebard

Where's the NFL chatter??....for me it's muted...it's baseball (Yankee) season....and time to talk about America's favorite past-time...no not that one...Baseball!!!

O.K., I'll bet Younis Cespedes would make one helluva free safety!
saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 15:23:55
leethebard

It's always Yankee season.  Last year they outspent the next closest team by almost 15%.  I'm much more impressed by teams like Tampa Bay, that are at the bottom of payroll yet do a great job of scouting and development with limited funds.
Roidriguez should probably start hitting the juice again, and Jeter might want to consider it as well. 
I will concede that Ivan Nova got jobbed in Rookie of the Year last year- he should have finished no less than 2nd in voting, and it should have been closer between him and Hellickson.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 16:19:17
Hey,winning teams make money...money helps make winning teams...it's a nice circle...Boston spends too....let's count rings....Yes money matters and money   helps...but to paraphrase an old coach I know...tradition is the 10th man on that field....and it really helps to have him on your side!!!
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 16:20:35
Of course I was talking baseball...in Football that player, "Tradition" is the twelfth man...but for some reason I don't think it matters as much!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 16:40:20
leethebard
Of course I was talking baseball...in Football that player, "Tradition" is the twelfth man...but for some reason I don't think it matters as much!

What doesn't matter is Baseball.
Fans have absolutely no influence in a games outcome.
Attendance in MLB was down last year.
Fans are tired of high prices paid for tickets, food, parking, etc., and getting poor performance.
BB TV viewing is up significantly. Stay at home, have a cheaper beer and doze off & on watching a boring game.
In Football, fans can distract the visiting team with loud noise causing penalties and confusion.
cavandre
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/18 19:04:43
Dolphins are not having a good free-agent season. First Peyton said "Thanks, but no thanks." They then made Matt Flynn their new top priority, but the Sea Hawks signed him before the Fish could make their pitch. Now they're going to talk to Alex Smith. 
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/19 09:04:41
Smith would be a fool to sign with Miami, maybe not financially but certainly from a playing effectiveness standpoint.  After floundering all those seasons he finally began to live up to his "first pick" potential under Harbaugh.  The last thing he needs at this point is a "new system".  Nothing against Miami, but they'd be setting themselves up for severe disappointment if they sign Smith.  He'd revert to his former "form".
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/19 13:37:33
FLASH:  MANNING DOES DENVER!!!

The Bronco's should keep Tebow and let him play the "slash" role Kordell Stewart played for Cowher's Steelers.  That would be great P.R. for Denver and make for some exciting offense. 

(Besides, who would give up a #1 for Tebow)?
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/19 14:11:07
Treetop Tom
Cheeseburger
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/19 14:13:40
MetroplexJim
(Besides, who would give up a #1 for Tebow)?

I wouldn't put anything past Dan Snyder, despite already giving up the Redskin's future for RG3.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/19 20:59:51
Folks in Tennessee are obviously dissapointed that Manning chose the Broncos.  I wish him well.  Like a car auction, the highest bidder get the car.  I guess the Bronco's wanted him more than Tennessee.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/19 21:08:29
I thought Tennessee said they would do whatever it took. They might have. You can't discount that maybe Peyton felt, been there done that, with Tennessee and really liked the challenge the Broncos made available for him. It may have been more than money.

Or, maybe on the other hand, Denver was desperate to get out from under Tebow and Manning was the only option that would not get its fans and God up in arms. Maybe they did more than whatever it took.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/20 03:10:01
Great incentive for the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers to have him in our division. 
I predict he won't even win the division. Denver backed in last year.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/20 06:07:12
1bbqboy

Great incentive for the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers to have him in our division. 
I predict he won't even win the division. Denver backed in last year.

Despite "backing in" Denver, in Tebow's luckiest finest game, put a (well-deserved) whipping on my STEELERS.  He threw for 3:18 yards!

Playing at "Mile High" is the ultimate home-field advantage.  Unless even a highly conditioned athlete has acclimated to it for at least 10 days the altitude will take a toll. 

In an extreme case of that I once saw the Bolivian National Team play Brasil in La Paz (12,000'!).  Brasil kicked Bolivia all over the field in the first half, but in the second they ran like they had their feet in buckets.  Bolivia won 2-1 with a bicycle kick for the winning goal.  Even though I am not a soccer fan I must admit that I have never seen a "scene" like that before or since: 70,000 in a sustained frenzy for 2 hours with thermo-nuclear JOY at the end.  I swear, it made Heinz Field in "Terrible Towel mode" look like a prayer breakfast. 

We Americans think NFL fans can get excited; believe me, you "ain't seen nuttin' " on THAT excitement scale!" />  South America now limits the maximum altitude at which "important" international matches may be played.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/20 06:21:59
Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8