My new soup for the upcoming week

Corned Beef and Swiss
 Chopped carrots and chopped onions sauted in evoo
thin sliced cabbage
chicken stock
 our smoked corned beef, sliced on 35 and sizzled for a minute on our flat top, cut into bite sized pieces
swiss cheese
add the carrots and onions to the broth, bring to a simmer, add the corned beef and cabbage, till cabbage is limp,
put into a crock, top with a crouton, then the swiss
put under broiler till swiss is melted and a little brown
Enjoy
PS. not really any need for additional seasoning if Corned Beef is properly seasoned

post edited by chewingthefat - 2011/10/23 17:47:57
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/23 19:07:43
Sounds Great, and the pictures are wonderful, I love the way the melted Swiss looks all melted and brown. Great job buddy.............pnwc
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/23 19:19:19
What a great idea!!!!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/24 01:22:41
Sounds good to me.

Not too salty?

How about some caraway seeds?  (Don't mind me, I'm just thinking in print)
TooPhat
Cheeseburger
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/24 10:41:48
Sounds really good!
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/24 10:54:17
Sign me up!
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/24 17:53:05
PNWCHEF

Sounds Great, and the pictures are wonderful, I love the way the melted Swiss looks all melted and brown. Great job buddy.............pnwc

Bill, glad you liked them, they wern't as good as yours of Phillippe's, though!

fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/25 14:13:51
chewingthefat

Corned Beef and Swiss
Chopped carrots and chopped onions sauted in evoo
thin sliced cabbage
chicken stock
our smoked corned beef, sliced on 35 and sizzled for a minute on our flat top, cut into bite sized pieces
swiss cheese
add the carrots and onions to the broth, bring to a simmer, add the corned beef and cabbage, till cabbage is limp,
put into a crock, top with a crouton, then the swiss
put under broiler till swiss is melted and a little brown
Enjoy
PS. not really any need for additional seasoning if Corned Beef is properly seasoned

Damn close to A Ruben Soup.

pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/25 15:25:44
chewingthefat

PNWCHEF

Bill, glad you liked them, they weren't as good as yours of Phillippe's, though!

Tom, you are so right, the Pictures of the sandwiches at Philippie's were as good but, not as good as the ones you took of your new soup, those were out of this world. The ones that take the cake are the pictures you took of yourself at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, when you were at the pool in your speedo. I liked that one so much, I made copies for all the ladies at the Senior home, they thought you were in Greece.................. Keep that camera snapping, we all look forward to your next set of photos..................pnwc
mar52
Sirloin
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/25 16:26:23
Bill, I thought I was the only one privy to Chewy's photo.

Not so special anymore.
Root-Beer Man
Cheeseburger
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/25 17:43:19
That soup sounds yummy! Can't help but wonder what it would taste like if you replaced the cabbage with kraut? Hmmm....
Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/25 17:48:46
PNWCHEF

chewingthefat

PNWCHEF

Bill, glad you liked them, they weren't as good as yours of Phillippe's, though!

Tom, you are so right, the Pictures of the sandwiches at Philippie's were as good but, not as good as the ones you took of your new soup, those were out of this world. The ones that take the cake are the pictures you took of yourself at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, when you were at the pool in your speedo. I liked that one so much, I made copies for all the ladies at the Senior home, they thought you were in Greece.................. Keep that camera snapping, we all look forward to your next set of photos..................pnwc

Thanks Bill but that was George Clooney, not me, the resemblence is striking though, he was going to the bar to get me a drink!

Re:My new soup for the upcoming week 2011/10/25 17:53:53
Root-Beer Man

That soup sounds yummy! Can't help but wonder what it would taste like if you replaced the cabbage with kraut? Hmmm....

I'm going to try some of our Kraut in a bowl topped with the soup, it might overpower it though, I'll let you know...PNWCHEF has agreed to fly in to take pics, says he's sure they will outdo his Phillippe's photos!!!