Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu

Cheeseburger
2011/12/12 14:12:40
Haven't been at a Wendy's in quite some time (6-8 months?), so I stopped by today on a whim.  Oddly, I found they no longer offer hamburgers on their menu.  I was forced to buy / pay for a cheeseburger and request that they hold the cheese-like product they add to make "cheeseburgers".  Nice way to increase the average check size, but they've lost me as a repeat customer - most likely forever.  Hardees pulled a similar stunt perhaps 10+ years ago when they went to a super-sized regular item.  Never went back.

Went to Wendy's "contact us" link at their web site to complain.  Oddly, they required me to enter my state, but there was no drop-down box to enter a state.  How convenient.  Not only did they alienate me with inflated pricing, but then they blocked me from sending a complaint.  My guess is their web site doesn't work with Windows 7.   Why would I ever want to return?

mar52
Sirloin
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/12 14:41:15
Pink's does that very same thing with their hot dogs.

You want it plain?
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/12 14:50:39
I guess I won't be going back, I hate any cheese other than blue cheese on a hamburger. I haven't liked Wendy's since they took out the salad bar eons ago.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/12 16:31:50
I just checked the Wendy's website and had no problem with dropdowns for nation, city, state, etc.
mjambro
Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/13 05:10:40
Michael Hoffman

I just checked the Wendy's website and had no problem with dropdowns for nation, city, state, etc.

Odd - I just checked again and now it's working.   Perhaps their site was down when I previously attempted to end my complaint. Still don't ever intend to return.
ces1948
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/13 08:48:14
I stopped a few weeks ago and got one of their new chicken sandwich combo's. Let me tell you it looked nothing like the impressive picture on the wall but did taste OK. I did upsize the drink and the whole thing was close to $10 which I consider way too much for a place like Wendy's.
kaszeta
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 08:31:15
My local Wendy's still has plain "Jr Hamburgers" on the menu, but the pricing is odd:

1. Jr Hamburger: $0.95
2. Jr Cheeseburger: $1.19
3. Jr Cheeseburger Deluxe: $0.99
4. Jr Bacon Cheeseburger: $1.09

That's right, the cheeseburger is cheaper if you order it with more stuff.
pnwchef
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 11:02:17
I bet 80 to 90% of the people order cheeseburgers, so I guess they are just catering to the Majority............Looks like the minorities loose out on this one.................
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 12:31:17
I like to eat Wendy's cheeseburgers while texting, and exceeding the speed limit!
post edited by chewingthefat - 2011/12/14 12:33:06
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 13:54:24
chewingthefat

I like to eat Wendy's cheeseburgers while texting, and exceeding the speed limit!

There ought to be a law against that.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 15:44:23
chewingthefat

What's wrong, can't shave at the same time?

post edited by fishtaco - 2011/12/14 17:08:56
mjambro
Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 16:56:01
Tony Bad

chewingthefat

There ought to be a law against that.

But it's been reported that today, most people like cheese on their hamburgers ...  or is that extra cheese on their cheeseburger?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 17:42:56
chewingthefat

Dave always said that was the best time to eat one.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/14 17:45:37
In my neck of the woods, you cant get a hamburger at Wendy's, and you cant get a cheeseburger on the dollar menu anymore at McDonalds!
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/15 10:58:48
There is no cheeseburger on the dollar menu at the Ocean City McD, but they do list a cheeseburger for $.99 
SeamusD
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/15 11:23:12
We have the McDouble on the dollar menu here, it's just a double cheeseburger with one slice of cheese instead of two.

I don't eat at Wendy's anymore so I have no idea what they have on the menu now.
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/15 12:29:41
My wife got a doller burger at McDonalds yesterday for her lunch, got back to her office, it had no top roll, LOL, how does that work? Lazy careless bastards!
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/15 19:08:18
chewingthefat

My wife got a doller burger at McDonalds yesterday for her lunch, got back to her office, it had no top roll, LOL, how does that work? Lazy careless bastards!

That is unreal!!!!   
mikejames533
Hamburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/15 19:26:55
Why get so worked up over a slice of cheese? Really?
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/15 23:28:59
Well, I happen to get worked up over a slice of cheese. Why should I pay 30 cents extra? Cheeseburgers, in my area used to be on the dollar menu.They no longer are. Period.
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/16 03:20:04
How hard is it to ask them for a burger without cheese? Seriously. Isnt there bigger things to worry about?
Adjudicator
Sirloin
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/18 12:18:57
They definitely DO NOT put enough bacon on their bacon CHEESEburgers. 
Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/18 14:03:56
I stopped eating at Wendy's a long time ago and do not intend to go back, even though the company is separating itself from the so-called Wendy's/Arby's Group.  Besides, I had one of their cheeseburgers once and the cheese was too gooey.  Yuck!  At least McDonald's uses a square slice.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/18 15:15:29
$1 McDoubles here in SoFla.  (double-burger with a slice of cheese)
Rabkin
Hamburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/19 19:00:37

I had one of their cheeseburgers once and the cheese was too gooey.  Yuck! 

I now believe I've heard everything.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/20 14:00:31

I stopped eating at Wendy's a long time ago and do not intend to go back, even though the company is separating itself from the so-called Wendy's/Arby's Group.  Besides, I had one of their cheeseburgers once and the cheese was too gooey.  Yuck!  At least McDonald's uses a square slice.

So you would rather have just a slice of cold cheese tossed on your buger and not even melted?
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/20 15:07:01
Stopped at a Wendy's yesterday. Hadn't been to one in at least 10 years. They had a cheeseburger on the menu for $1.19 and we order two, one order of fries, two small chocolate frosts. Found, when we got to our table, a dried up skinny patty of meat, some product passing as cheese, a slice of unripe tomato, some tired lettuce, a bit of unknown sauce, all served on a greasy bun. The fries were a bit limpy - the frosted was so-so soft-serve ice cream. 

Too late, we checked our bill and found we had paid $13.78 for our lunch - the cheeseburgers were $3.99 each. When my wife complained she was told she should have specified the $1.19 cheeseburgers. They, of course, were right...
"I'll have two of Dave's Juicy Cheeseburgers, The Dollar Nineteen Size". And this is loudly repeated from clerk to fryer to packer throughout the store...

It'll be at least another 10 years before we return to Wendy's.

Cheers, John 
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/20 15:26:35
I have to concur with the naysayers.  Of all the many, varied and valid reasons not to eat that garbage, having to say "please hold the cheese" seems pretty low on the totem pole.
bartl
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/21 09:53:41
fishtaco So you would rather have just a slice of cold cheese tossed on your buger and not even melted?

McDonald's tried that once; it was called the McDonald's McDLT or something like that (with a two compartment box with one holding the top bun half, lettuce, tomato and cheese, which you folded over to assemble the sandwich). Didn't last long.

Bart
AndreaB
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/28 07:22:17
I'm no huge fan of Wendy's, but here we have the 99 cent Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe which is pretty good for the price.  I didn't see any plain hamburgers on the menu.

Seafarer, I wouldn't have liked that $13.78 bill for lunch either.

Re the cheese, I can take it or leave it and I don't really care if it's gooey or cold.  I don't think I've had a "gooey" FF cheeseburger in a long time.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Wendy's - No longer offers hamburgers on their menu 2011/12/28 14:50:36
chewingthefat

Me too, but it makes the wheel and cell too greasy