The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE

Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 24, messages 1 to 30 of 698
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15075
  • Roadfood Insider
GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Thu, 12/29/11 12:52 PM (permalink)
[Helpful answer received] / [List Solutions Only]
After much study and a lot of emailing of members, it looks like the GLEE CLUB will desend on Nashville, TN for the President's Day Weekend to resume it's annual get-together. Details are still being resolved, but the stops will include Knock'em Hill BBQ for the famous porkchop (and other great BBQ), and the Sunday Brunch at Ellendales.  Main meetings will be Saturday afternoon & evening and Sunday Brunch. That would leave Friday evening open, Saturday breakfast and any time after noon Sunday for individuals to branch out into the Tennessee heartland for other good stuff.  If you have not attended a Glee Club session, we hope you will plan on joining us for a real interesting time. We tend to be a bit more casual than some of the sessions held by other groups here on RF.  Jan and I will be in town all day Saturday and head home Sunday afternoon.  We hope any and all members who can, will join us for some renewal of the friendships we've built over the years.
Motel choices and Povetry Pete's suggested dining schedule will be posted soon. Start making plans for a nice weekend in the Volunteer State !

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Thu, 12/29/11 1:07 PM (permalink)
    My flight is already booked as is cousin Johnny's.  Looking forward to seeing everybody already!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7410
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Thu, 12/29/11 1:12 PM (permalink)
      This will be the culmination of a 12 day trip around the Mid and Deep South for me. I'll be flying in/out of Birmingham Alabama  (an easy 2 1/2 hour drive from Nashville)  after the first leg of my trip in New Orleans

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
        Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Thu, 12/29/11 10:04 PM (permalink)
        Looking forward to this get together. We always enjoy the fellowship...and some great food too.

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Thu, 12/29/11 10:20 PM (permalink)
          I just might come to this--at least the Knockum Hill portion.  Maybe the rest.  Let me see what kind of obstacles I'm faced with and see if I can work around them.  I'll make a decision closer to the day of the festivities.  Surely it won't snow around these parts of the country this late in February--but then it snowed on us in South Carolina two years ago.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 12:39 AM (permalink)
            IM IN - Dad now lives in Lebanon WOO HOO PARTY TIME

Rotiers Anyone??

<message edited by CajunKing on Fri, 12/30/11 12:40 AM>

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 7:03 AM (permalink)
              I am glad the group will meet in Nashville and Roz and Sundancer will be there.  Looking forward to seeing the usual group and anyone else that joins in.
              We gotta include a hot chicken and hot fish stop and I am sure that Poverty will know just  the right place to stop.

Paul E. Smith
              Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 8:25 AM (permalink)
                Looks like we might have quite a group going this time.  It will be wonderful to see old friends again.

CK-
                You and me (and anyone else who wants to go) at Rotier's.  Done!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 8:51 AM (permalink)
                  This is going to be great- I'm really looking forward to this. My trip begins on February 7 in New Orleans- I then fly to birmingham on the 10th and will make my way around Mississippi, Memphis, and Arkansas before joining everyone in Nashville.

As I previously told Buffetbuster I want to try a pimento cheese sandwich somewhere- after that I'll just simply go with the flow.

Big_g

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 9:01 AM (permalink)
                    On the calander and will talk to "she who must be obyed" for a weekend kitchen pass.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17851
                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 9:39 AM (permalink)
                      Hmmmmm ...

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 11:30 AM (permalink)
                        I'm in and looking forward to this long weekend...dieters beware!

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 11:37 AM (permalink)
                          OK. lleechef and I are in.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 11:48 AM (permalink)
                            Michael Hoffman

Considering all the camera's will be in full force that weekend you're going to have to do alot of "ducking"

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 11:50 AM (permalink)
                              ChiTownDiner

I'm in and looking forward to this long weekend...dieters beware!

I'm getting that out of the way - NOW!

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 12:03 PM (permalink)
                                wanderingjew

Michael Hoffman

Considering all the camera's will be in full force that weekend you're going to have to do alot of "ducking"

Just consider me a mallard.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 12:20 PM (permalink)
                                  Michael Hoffman

Fantastic!!!

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 401
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 1:31 PM (permalink)
                                    I'd love to come up for it.  Not a long drive from Birmingham.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 1:40 PM (permalink)
                                      will_work_4_bbq-
                                      I hope that you do come up and join us Lynn.  You would fit right in with the group.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 1:51 PM (permalink)
                                        MH  Wear your Uncle Sam Suit..It makes a great disguise! 
                                          We'll be posting some of the options, and the main meal stops over the next couple of weeks.. I too hope to find some of the 'Hot Chicken' this trip. Knock'em Hill BBQ is about an hour out of Nashville near Ft Campbell, just off I-24. Most of the other places we are considering are within the Metro-Nashville area.  Pov.Pete's on the road this week, but he is getting a list of possible stops together, they will be posted soon.

We hope to hear from several RF folks in Tennessee soon. Susan from Memphis, The Bobs from Jackson, Dr Sauceman from over east, and Pogophile and many others???? This could be a dandy meeting with a great mix of Old-timers and New folks to really bring back the spirit of the Meet-and-Eat !
                                        <message edited by mayor al on Fri, 12/30/11 1:54 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 1:58 PM (permalink)
                                          Al-
                                          I don't know if this has been discussed yet or not, but will we be expected to be in our traditional tropical uniform for Saturday night's dinner?

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 2:01 PM (permalink)
                                            buffetbuster

Al-
                                            I don't know if this has been discussed yet or not, but will we be expected to be in our traditional tropical uniform for Saturday night's dinner?

I now have a brand new wardrobe of "tropical attire"

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 2:33 PM (permalink)
                                              Tropical uniform?

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 2:47 PM (permalink)
                                                Michael,
                                                Somewhere along the way, several members of the Glee Club started wearing Hawaiian Shirts to "the Dinner Session" of the weekend gatherings. Many of us do that, even if the meeting is in a 'Non-Tropical' Location.  The dress is optional, so feel free to wear your usual bow-tie and tank-top.  If you have one, feel free to don the uniform for the dinner meeting.

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 2:49 PM (permalink)
                                                  A curmudgeon in a Hawaiian shirt? The world would come to an end.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 3:01 PM (permalink)
                                                    mayor al

Michael,
                                                    Somewhere along the way, several members of the Glee Club started wearing Hawaiian Shirts to "the Dinner Session" of the weekend gatherings. Many of us do that, even if the meeting is in a 'Non-Tropical' Location.  The dress is optional, so feel free to wear your usual bow-tie and tank-top.  If you have one, feel free to don the uniform for the dinner meeting.

If I recall, the trend somehow began with Bushie.

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 3:04 PM (permalink)
                                                      Can Bushie be coaxed to Nashville?

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 3:09 PM (permalink)
                                                        Michael Hoffman

I'm hoping we can coax some of the original  Glee Club folks including  Bushie and Tiki

Michael Hoffman

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 3:16 PM (permalink)
                                                          wanderingjew

Michael Hoffman

I'm hoping we can coax some of the original  Glee Club folks including  Bushie and Tiki

That would be terrific.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEET & EAT, FEB. 18&19. NASHVILLE Fri, 12/30/11 7:44 PM (permalink)
                                                            Al, I think it is about time that we brought out some of the original pics from about ten years ago starting in Nashville and working our way forward.  I think the largest Glee Club meeting was in Owensboro at the Moonlight with better than 30????

All have been very good and some even better.  I am certainly looking forward to meeting all of our friends and certainly the new arrivals of Michael Hoffman and Lleechef.  I have never met either of them but somehow I feel like old friends and both are famous.  I really wish Stephen Rushmore would join us.  I guess Mr. Sterns joining us would be too much to expect????

This has the opportunity of being our best and I am certain that Poverty Pete will guide us to Nashville's best and most unusual which I hope includes what Nashville is famous for is hot chicken and hot fish.

The count is growing to the most famous Roadfood gathering ever.  I hope we can all stay at the same hotel.  That would be even more fun.

Paul E. Smith
                                                            Knoxville, TN 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 24, messages 1 to 30 of 698

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com