Trouble viewing information for my posts

Sonny Funzio
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points : 0
Trouble viewing information for my posts - Mon, 01/9/12 5:10 PM
I apologize in advance if this is not where to post requests for help not related to Roadfood Insider ... I could not find another more suitable forum.

To keep track of any replies after I post on a thread (and replies to my posts), I went to the regular Search applet to search on posts with my username, and then bookmarked the search so I could re-search with just a click.

In the search results for my posts ... in the far right columns for both "Replies/Views" and also "Last Update" the information is missing for all but a few of my posts ... yet when I go to the thread itself there are often a number of posts following mine that should have been logged.
All this means that to keep up with any replies to (or following) a post I've made, I have to search out and/or open every single post I've made in recent history to tell.

My browser is Firefox 3.6.21 ... an up to date browser. 
Is there a setting that I'm missing that will help this? ... or Is there something that can be done by one of the Admin's to correct the problem?
Is there a better way to keep track of one's posts and replies following it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.   Thanks!!
<message edited by Sonny Funzio on Mon, 01/9/12 5:13 PM>

KurtSara
  • Total Posts : 181
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Mon, 01/9/12 5:35 PM
click on the "user control panel"  above

then click on "my public profile"

then you can see your posts

Sonny Funzio
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Mon, 01/9/12 7:19 PM
KurtSara

click on the "user control panel"  above

then click on "my public profile"

then you can see your posts

Thanks for the reply, KurtSara ... I appreciate it.   However, that is not going to help though.
I can see my posts fine. 
The problem I was asking about has to do with, while looking at my posting list - not being able to see when someone has made a post on a thread after me (whether a reply to me or not - either way). 

Again ...  that information IS listed in post search results ... it's just in *my* search results most of the replies/views and especially the "Last Update" column data is missing.

Thanks for the idea though.

Any other help would still be very appreciated.

Sonny Funzio
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Mon, 01/9/12 7:34 PM
As an example, in the following capture note the post "Spanish Peanuts" ... it indicates no data for the number of replies/views and more significantly to me, no data for the "Last Update" column ... even though there have been at least 6 posts following mine.
This makes it impossible for me to see if anyone has posted since my post without opening and reading the thread ... that is, each and every single thread I've posted on (considering I want to follow-up on those threads).

<message edited by Sonny Funzio on Mon, 01/9/12 7:36 PM>

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Tue, 01/10/12 5:47 AM
Why not just subscribe to the threads?

Sonny Funzio
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Tue, 01/10/12 5:17 PM
MiamiDon

Why not just subscribe to the threads?

Maimi Don thanks for the reply. 
  For whatever reason the data missing in the "Last Update" column in the standard search (the photo I posted above), IS all there in the subscription tab screen ... but that screen does not order the results by most recently modified.
I can still scan down the "Last Update" column to figure out what thread has changed but this is going to be tough once a few pages of posts get on there, but for the time being I'll go with that.
It would still be great if whomever does system admin here could check into whether it is possible to have one of these screens show the posts re-ordered by "most recently changed".  I know the old board did this ... and other forums do this. 
Anyhow, the suggestion is much appreciated.
Sonny
<message edited by Sonny Funzio on Tue, 01/10/12 6:07 PM>

Sonny Funzio
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Tue, 01/10/12 5:30 PM
Out of curiosity ... isn't anyone else having the same trouble??
How are people keeping track of their posts?
And significantly ... isn't there a screen where threads that you've posted to are re-ordered and displayed by "most recently changed" listed first AND contains the info in the "Last Update" column as well??

For what it's worth, it appears that with a search on my username ... although that page does re-order threads I've posted in to show the most recently modified threads on top, in the "Last Update" column, it only shows data if that thread was one I started myself.
I would think that this would be a straightforward and  specific setting in my userspace.
I would sure be appreciative if any system admin could look into this ... please!
<message edited by Sonny Funzio on Tue, 01/10/12 6:08 PM>

KurtSara
  • Total Posts : 181
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Tue, 01/10/12 6:57 PM
Sonny Funzio

Out of curiosity ... isn't anyone else having the same trouble??
How are people keeping track of their posts?
And significantly ... isn't there a screen where threads that you've posted to are re-ordered and displayed by "most recently changed" listed first AND contains the info in the "Last Update" column as well??

For what it's worth, it appears that with a search on my username ... although that page does re-order threads I've posted in to show the most recently modified threads on top, in the "Last Update" column, it only shows data if that thread was one I started myself.
I would think that this would be a straightforward and  specific setting in my userspace.
I would sure be appreciative if any system admin could look into this ... please!

I do it like I said in my post above

Sonny Funzio
Re:Trouble viewing information for my posts - Tue, 01/10/12 9:11 PM
Yes, but you can't tell whether there's been an additional post to any thread you've posted on (whether a response to your post or otherwise) unless you open each and every single thread you've posted on and check to see if there are posts following yours, correct?
That is a very time consuming way to go.
Further, it looks like that page only holds a few posts at a time.

It does not make any sense to me whatsoever that the search result page for a username ... a page that *does* re-order posts appropriately, can not be made to show the "Last Update" ... basically the time and date of the last post.  (as my photo shows above).