NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves!

Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 11 of 16, messages 601 to 660 of 945
FireLion
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 05/26/08 7:56 AM
Oh man! Rosedale BBQ is just down the hill from my house. My dad used to take me there when I was just a kid. Dagwood's on SW BLVD is great!!! Oh, and let's not forget Nichol's Diner on SW Trafficway & 39th st. One of the few places a person could get Beef brains and scrambled eggs. Yummmmmm. Sadly, Nichol's is gone.

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6081
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 05/26/08 8:14 AM
When my wife lived in KC, before we were married,she took me to many barbecue places,Arthur bryants and many others,but Rosedale was our favorite...so cheap and the barbecue half chicken plate and a giant beer was superb!!!! Haven't been back in over 20 years but Rosedale will always have a fond place in my heart!!!

fezzig
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sun, 06/1/08 2:12 PM
Hi all.

I figured after lurking for a while, it's time to jump in and introduce myself. I found my way here after listening to the Sterns on the Splendid Table podcast every week (my favorite part of the show.)

I currently live on the New Hampshire seacoast. I claim northern/central NH as my "hometown" but I've also lived in Boston, a few years in Kentucky, Texas and Chicago, and 9 years in Kansas (5 in KCK, 4 at KU.)

So, Hello!

Nancypalooza
  • Total Posts : 3778
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sun, 06/1/08 2:37 PM
Hi fezzig! Welcome to roadfood!

fezzig
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sun, 06/1/08 2:47 PM
Thank you! I'm definitely going to like it here. I feel like I have found my kindred people.

kirstine
  • Total Posts : 265
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 06/10/08 2:49 PM
Hello Folks,

Thought I'd introduce myself here as I've been a bit of a lurker for a few months and am kinda addicted! I love this site!

Anyway I'm Kirstine and I'm a Northern Ireland native! We don't have much in the way of "Roadfood" here but any time I've visited the states I've loved been on the road trying out all the little establishments and in general I enjoy dining out and cooking!

My other half and myself are huge fans of the American way of eating, especially love the candy and he has aspirations to be a bit of a root beer connoisseur, shame the stuff ain't too common here!

Anyway I look forward to posting here and getting to know everyone! :)

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 06/11/08 7:50 AM
Welcome Kirsten. You'll find we're an interesting bunch. Been to southern Ireland twice. Love the people,love the pubs, love the food.

cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 06/11/08 10:21 AM
Up until 3 years ago, I spent my entire life in the NYC area, Westchester County to be exact.

We now live in Melbourne, FL, which is on the east coast about 20 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center.

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 06/11/08 2:34 PM
Nice area....probably cooler than it was here in Jersey the past few days...welcome and enjoy roadfood!!

cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 06/11/08 3:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by leethebard

Nice area....probably cooler than it was here in Jersey the past few days...welcome and enjoy roadfood!!

Yeah...but it will still be this hot down here thru early November!

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 06/30/08 10:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by fezzig

Thank you! I'm definitely going to like it here. I feel like I have found my kindred people.

We dont bite that hard!
Dont be shy!
Tara

Mr. Maki
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 07/14/08 12:29 PM
Hello all,

I've been a lurker here for quite some time and finally decided to get in the game.

I was born, raised and currently reside in Chicago. In my younger days I was a bit of a food curmudgeon and rarely went outside my narrow comfort zone. Fortunately thanks to some adventurous, foodie friends and my gastronomically-gifted significant other, I came out of my shell and became eager to explore the culinary wonders my hometown has to offer.

I look forward to swapping suggestions, stories and recipes with the great community here.

Nancypalooza
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 07/14/08 12:56 PM
Welcome Mr. Maki! I'm still shaking my head at your dedication to rewatch all the X-Files episodes. ;)

abe_froeman
  • Total Posts : 694
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 07/14/08 1:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Maki

I was born, raised and currently reside in Chicago. In my younger days I was a bit of a food curmudgeon and rarely went outside my narrow comfort zone. Fortunately thanks to some adventurous, foodie friends and my gastronomically-gifted significant other, I came out of my shell and became eager to explore the culinary wonders my hometown has to offer.

I look forward to swapping suggestions, stories and recipes with the great community here.

For the sake of full disclosure, I am that gastronomically-gifted significant other.

Nancypalooza
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 07/14/08 3:05 PM
And they say you shouldn't count on changing somebody after you jump on the relationship train. :)

Mr. Maki
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 07/14/08 3:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Nancypalooza.

For the record, my commitment to re-watching the whole X-Files series was greatly bolstered by the writers' strike going on at the time and the lack of new programming.

Optimus
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 07/17/08 11:43 AM
Hi everybody, I love to travel a lot and I love food so this is a great forum for me. I live in california and I work for Kraft. I hope to learn a lot and participate in the discussions here.

Robearjr
  • Total Posts : 1102
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 07/17/08 6:24 PM
Welcome to Roadfood.

Kraft..hmmmm...well, I will refrain from starting in on Miracle Whip until you've had some time to feel your way around this site.

Clay Bell
  • Total Posts : 43
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 07/21/08 7:31 PM
I have lived in Tuscon for 8 years originally from upstate New York, Saratoga, Schenectady, Glenville. I came to Roadfood many years ago when I saw the Stearns on the Today show, I think that was in the 70's Since I travel back to N Y every year I use all the info frequently
Clay Bell

roossy90
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 07/25/08 10:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Maki

Thanks for the warm welcome Nancypalooza.

For the record, my commitment to re-watching the whole X-Files series was greatly bolstered by the writers' strike going on at the time and the lack of new programming.

At least I have a friend here that also enjoys the X files, I just recently started on my collection, and do think I just might go see the movie tomorrow night.
Welcome!--since you know your way around, I wont say Dont be shy.. Abe speaks out enough that you know how to act..
LOL...
Again, welcome.

roossy90
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 07/25/08 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Clay Bell

I have lived in Tuscon for 8 years originally from upstate New York, Saratoga, Schenectady, Glenville. I came to Roadfood many years ago when I saw the Stearns on the Today show, I think that was in the 70's Since I travel back to N Y every year I use all the info frequently
Clay Bell

WOW.. You have been here a long time!

roossy90
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 07/25/08 11:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Robearjr

Welcome to Roadfood.

Kraft..hmmmm...well, I will refrain from starting in on Miracle Whip until you've had some time to feel your way around this site.

HEY>>> you leave MW alone.....
Welcome Optimus....

aleximoon
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 08/4/08 12:51 AM
Hi, my name is Kristen and I'm from Southwest Florida. I'm fairly new to the road food concept but not to the idea of a road trip. There is very little that I like more than just being able to drive somewhere new. I became interested in road food after watching Alton Brown's, 'Feasting on Asphault'. Ever since then I've been hooked on the idea. My husband and I are planning a trip to see Gettysburg and a few other Civil War sites this fall and I hope to keep our McDonalds and Cracker Barrel stops to an absolute minimum!

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 08/4/08 7:09 AM
Hi and welcome...enjoy your trip,the food and our site!!!

triple F
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 08/13/08 7:52 PM
Hey all! My name is Dan, I am 28 and looking for some gurb. My forum is Triple F.Some may be wondering what my name stands for? Well it stands for..." Fish Fry Friday". I choose that because that is my favorite meal(I love a good fish fry )

CherylMASS
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sat, 08/16/08 6:14 PM
Hi all, found you by accident. Did a search on Sicilian pistachio ice cream ice cream while watching it being made on Iron Chef. Glad I found ya.
I live an hour west of Boston. Great places to eat all around us. Hubby and I enjoy driving on four or two wheels to dining destinations and tailgating at Gillette Stadium.
I love to cook, and have a large collection of cookbooks - old and new. Italian decent and have lots of handed down recipes.
Hope to be able to share and contribute to the forums.

Cheryl

joerogo
  • Total Posts : 4463
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sat, 08/16/08 7:18 PM
CherylMASS and triple F, Welcome to Roadfood. Stay active and you will never have a bad meal on the road again.

I was just in the Marlborough area. Great Roadfood town.

xannie_01
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 09/2/08 3:46 PM
well, i'm back and 135 pounds lighter.

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 09/2/08 4:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dayle long

well, i'm back and 135 pounds lighter.

WB my friend, long time no hear.

We've missed you, congrats on the -135

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 09/2/08 7:38 PM
How'd you do that?????

Nancypalooza
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 09/3/08 10:54 AM
Dayle, awesome! Congratulations!

Ahi Mpls.
  • Total Posts : 922
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/11/08 12:57 AM
Hi I'm Dawn from Mpls.have been reading Roadfood , Goodfood , Eat your way... Etc. since 1990ish always thought I was a crazy person for loving food review books { and cookbooks } then I heard about this website and decided to learn how to use a computer so I could see whats up !!! and must say, IT ROCKS!!!!! so many of us !!! thanks to all for trip reports etc. lets me feel I'm going places!!!!! now my big goal in life is to become a double rotisserie rack of lamb !!!!!!!

[img]

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/11/08 8:02 AM
Welcome to roadfood Dawn...keep reading and enjoy!!

MGWerks
  • Total Posts : 231
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/11/08 12:43 PM
Howdy all! I just found this thread after being some 60+ posts into the forum. Sorry for being tardy. Name is Mark and I've been into food and cooking for decades. I especially like developing new recipes and am more fluent in Tex-Mex, Mexican and Southwestern food. I have been a chili cook and BBQ cook for many years. and have two large offset smokers and several grills that I feed charcoal and wood regularly - it's almost like they are dependents!

Even a quiet campground isn't safe - here is a picture outside our camper of me dissecting a smoked pork butt off of a pit I hauled all the way to Missouri:

joerogo
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/11/08 8:03 PM
Welcome Dawn, I'll bet KonaErnie is happy to see a picture of the girl he proposed to.

Also a Roadfood welcome to Mark. Remember we love pictures of Q.

Ahi Mpls.
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/11/08 8:17 PM
Hey Joe !! Just so everyone knows, Ernie and I are registered at Peter Lugers and Pepe's pizza !!!!

TnTinCT
  • Total Posts : 442
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sat, 09/13/08 8:28 AM
Hi all - we are Tim and Terri from CT (although Terri -me- usually does the posting!). Have been lurking on Roadfood for a good couple of years and finally decided to join Insider (primarily due to the GPS uploads!) and start posting our finds. Just published our first trip report recently with lots of pics from Niagara Falls, and the Ohio State Fair, and many of our food stops were those we found researching from all the great threads and reviews on this site. We are luck to be mid-way between NY and Boston, and located in a state with great pizza and dogs!!

Nancypalooza
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 09/15/08 11:48 AM
Hi Tim, Terri, Dawn & Mark. Welcome! Yeah, Mark you are totally in the right place for that sort of behavior.

Grillnut
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/18/08 3:34 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm Jan from Pennsylvania, and one of my favorite things (after grilling) is finding local specialties from all over the country, especially good old-fashioned "roadfood" like burgers, hot dogs, and barbecue. I'm about twenty pages into the "Hot Dog" category and have already learned more about hot dogs than I ever thought possible. Wish I'd found this website years ago!

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 09/18/08 11:56 PM
Welcome Grillnut...come over to Jersey for some great dogs!!!!

Grillnut
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 09/19/08 12:09 PM
Thanks, Lee. It does sound as if Jersey is the hot dog capital of the universe. I'd never heard of an "Italian dog," but I'm really looking forward to trying one. (Or several.)

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 09/19/08 2:13 PM
Now an Italian hotdog is something you have to try...a staple in most hot dog places in Jersey....only get one on Italian "pizza" bread!!!!

swkreiter
  • Total Posts : 31
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 09/19/08 4:12 PM
Been here on Roadfood for a couple of weeks and just saw this thread. I'm Steve from Seattle and have been enjoying food on the road since I was a kid in the '50s. My father would load us all into the car and drive from Kansas City to northern Minnesota for summer vacation, stopping to eat in small-town diners along the way. While I've grown up (some would say grown old) and have come to enjoy a nice modern meal in a nice modern restaurant in a nice modern city, I still get excited when I pull into a town where the grain elevator is the tallest building around. My brother and I try to get out for several days each summer and find those great small places before they fall off the map. I'm especially fond of BBQ and burgers and will write about the good stuff I find along the way.

joerogo
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 09/23/08 5:12 PM
swkreiter, Welcome, There's nothing like good Q. Keep posting.

Pinky2
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 09/30/08 5:08 PM
Hi All! I just saw this "Introduce Yourself" thread. I found this forum this morning, and I have busily reading all the great information and recipes. Great site.

I live in Texas, and both my husband and I love to cook and talk food. We consider a trip to Central Market a trip to heaven.

Ahi Mpls.
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 09/30/08 6:35 PM
Hi Pinky! TEXAS! you lucky ducky, Primo Roadfood area! Poor me in mn.

Wabbit
  • Total Posts : 477
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 10/10/08 10:31 PM
I was a long time reader, then took my chances and started posting. I really love the info I get from so many people. I was traveling alot for work, but my passion was alway to cook. I have lived everywhere.. Air Force brat.. and I love food. I enjoy reading about so much .. such as desserts I have yet to get down well. And the fave places I went as a child. I am learning alot. And I am now doing a home catering biz. This has realy helped me. Thank You to all the Road Food members, I learn new things every day!

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Sun, 10/12/08 12:00 AM
Welcome...enjoy posting your ideas,recipes etc!!!!

CCinNJ
  • Total Posts : 7748
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Mon, 10/13/08 12:59 AM
Welcome Dawn!

Hey, you proposed to Fieldthistle, in the "what sets you off during a meal" thread!!

Chazon
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 10/16/08 1:22 PM
Hi all - Charles from Mobile, Alabama - home of Great BBQ, Seafood, and sweet tea! Been a reader for over a year now - just started to get into posting!

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 10/16/08 1:44 PM
Welcome aboard Chazon!

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Thu, 10/16/08 2:29 PM
Greetings, Chazon!!!

mizmary86
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 10/24/08 6:06 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Mary and I am new in here..I look forward to chatting with you all!

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 10/24/08 6:47 PM
Enjoy the site...welcome!

1bbqboy
  • Total Posts : 4542
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 10/24/08 6:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by swkreiter

Been here on Roadfood for a couple of weeks and just saw this thread. I'm Steve from Seattle and have been enjoying food on the road since I was a kid in the '50s. My father would load us all into the car and drive from Kansas City to northern Minnesota for summer vacation, stopping to eat in small-town diners along the way. While I've grown up (some would say grown old) and have come to enjoy a nice modern meal in a nice modern restaurant in a nice modern city, I still get excited when I pull into a town where the grain elevator is the tallest building around. My brother and I try to get out for several days each summer and find those great small places before they fall off the map. I'm especially fond of BBQ and burgers and will write about the good stuff I find along the way.

teeny secret.....steve and I attended public school together

badseed555
  • Total Posts : 44
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Tue, 10/28/08 8:02 PM
Hey guys, introducing the Badseed555 from Western Pa, the pleasently outbred community of Oak Ridge TN, and now southeastern PA. I have been a follower of the Sterns since Square Meals and have found the Roadfood series to be invaluable. I love food, cooking, and food science and this site is a fabulous way to waste time and learn something as well. Thanks to all you nice folks!

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Wed, 10/29/08 1:24 AM
Great to have you on board...enjoy...and keep learning!!

BioTeacher
  • Total Posts : 43
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 12/12/08 9:30 AM
I have been lurking for several years and have enjoyed all that I have read. I am a high school biology teacher in Little Rock, AR. I look forward to posting and chatting with you.

leethebard
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 12/12/08 4:24 PM
As a retired English teacher, welcome!!!

PapaJoe8
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! - Fri, 12/12/08 6:58 PM
Welcome Bio!

Now that you have posted... how about a biology thread?

I praposed that dinos were not extinct, back in the 60s... but no one at UTA believed me. And... I had a bio professor say the humans were the only animals w/ a sense of humor. I told him he was wrong (details in the bio thread). I am still a student.

But oh! Maybe your here to get away from biology... and to talk about food?
Joe

Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 11 of 16, messages 601 to 660 of 945