Hot!NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 16
Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (1)
cheap cars 2010/10/10 03:37:52
Why do you need to pay thousands of $$$ to purchase a used car, even if its available here. Govt. auctions for used cars. Buy a car of your choice & save many $$$$.
Best price deals on every model.
Leading models available are Ford, Honda, Lexus, Chevrolet, BMW etc.
=================================================

post edited by jhonephillips - 2010/10/10 03:43:25
jhonephillips
Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (2)
cheap cars 2010/10/10 03:41:16
Why do you need to pay thousands of $$$ to purchase a used car, even if its available here. Govt. auctions for used cars. Buy a car of your choice & save many $$$$.
Best price deals on every model.
Leading models available are Ford, Honda, Lexus, Chevrolet, BMW etc.
=================================================

UncleBucks
Junior Burger
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/09 01:36:53
Hi, I am new. I live in Alabama and was planning on opening a Hot Wing Stand. That fell through due to just simply not being able to afford it.

BUT, I have decided to follow my true dream of starting up my own hot dog business. I am very excited because this dream is actually attainable. I wanted to do the hot dogs years ago, but everyone talked me out of it and told me to do the wings. Nobody else around here was doing them, so I thought on it, and after sinking a few grand into it, I went bust and didn't have any funds left to finish the trailer that never got started good.

I am still suffering from my loses, but I am once again giving this a go. I have some things I am trying to sell to get the funds for a simple hot dog cart.(Hint Hint;) ) My ultimate goal is to sell my dogs on the beach.

I have been a member of other forums, but I am not used to how this one is set up, so bear with me for my first few posts. Then once I am settled in the fun shall begin

I can't seem to be able to use my spell check... So I guess y'all will have to put up with my misspellings:D
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/09 12:02:17
No problem, UncleBucks.  Lots of bad spellers around here.  Welcome to Roadfood!
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/12 12:56:50
I've decided to change my screen name from my real name to something more creative.  "Screaming chicken" is the nickname for the large hood decal used on the 1973-1981 Pontiac Trans Am, of which I am especially fond.

Brad
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/12 13:51:06
ScreamingChicken

I've decided to change my screen name from my real name to something more creative.  "Screaming chicken" is the nickname for the large hood decal used on the 1973-1981 Pontiac Trans Am, of which I am especially fond.

Brad

I always thought it was a Polish Falcon.  Have you considered "Polish Falcon"
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/12 18:09:55
He was saving that for you, Joe.  Welcome, Screaming Chicken.  :)
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/15 12:53:37
Soo, who were you before SC???
Joe
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/15 12:59:44
Nancypalooza

He was saving that for you, Joe.  Welcome, Screaming Chicken.  :)

Maybe I should come up with a new and exciting name also.  Do you think I should ask for help from other members?
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
Re:cheap cars 2010/11/15 13:37:40
Joe, how bout??? KetchuponaHotDog???
Joe
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/11/20 03:20:13
Hello all - 

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Glenn and my wife is Janet.  We have been enjoying visiting "RoadFood" types of restaurants for a while;... probably as far back as when we met in college in the 1980s.   We currently live in Virginia.  I am originally from Rhode Island, and Janet is from a few areas of the Midwest (Illinois, Nebraska, and South Dakota).   

We both enjoy traveling the USA, and we usually try to hit up some RoadFood places on our trips.  I have been to 48 states, and Janet has been to 45 states, and we enjoy taking in the local flavors, both figuratively, and literally, on our trips.    Though we have sampled many of the flavors across the nation, the majority of our RoadFood visits are concentrated in the east. 

Luckily for us, with a few exceptions, Janet's likes and tastes are very similar to mine, so we usually like and dislike the same foods, with a few exceptions. 

Here's some of our favorites:
Barbecue: 
Our favorite type of barbecue is the eastern North Carolina type (vinegar based).    Parker's in Wilson is one of our favorites.  We used to like Melton's in Rocky Mount, back when they had the place on the Tar River.  Ever since they moved, they haven't been the same.    Janet really likes the Skylight Inn in Aiden, NC, but I like my Q a little coarser chopped or pulled, and not so finely minced up.   It's still a great place, in my opinion, but Janet rates it higher on her list than I do.    
We also really like D&H Barbecue in Manning, SC.   South Carolina is usually associated wih mustard-based barbecue, especially in central SC, but several places in eastern SC have an eastern NC type barbecue.   D&H not only has great Q, it has great fried chicken and hush puppies, as well.  Duke's is another SC location worth visiting.      

Moving away from Carolina, another barbecue place we love is Charlie Vergas' Rendezvous in Memphis.  Dry rubbed ribs are the name of the game there.   In our opinion, no other ribs come close.  Period.  Going to the Rendezvous in Memphis is not just a trip; it's a "pilgrimage".

Moving further along, we tried Texas style barbecue brisket.  While we thought it was pretty good, we just didn't like that style of brisket so much that we would go out of our way for it.   We found Texas brisket a little tough (and we tried a few of the famous recommended ones) compared to brisket we have had locally.  In all honesty, our favorite brisket is right here in our state of VA at Dixie Bones Barbecue in Woodbridge, VA  (not to be confused with the chain called Smokey Bones.  Yuck!)  The brisket at Dixie Bones is so tender, it falls apart.  (Great pies at Dixie Bones, too!).
 We'd like to give Texas another chance, and next time we'll try some of the great sausages they are known for down there, which we didn't try last time.

Next big category...
Pizza:
We both like the New Haven style coal oven "Apizza" best.  A couple favorites of ours include Pepe's in New Haven and Zuppardi's in West Haven.        

Next category....
Seafood:  
Neither of us likes crab or lobster, and I'm allergic to crustaceans (lobster, crab, shrimp).  Janet will eat shrimp on occasion, but crustaceon shellfish is not really on our menu.  For fish, we both enjoy mild flavored flaky fish such as cod and haddock.  One of favorites is Durgin-Park in Boston, which has great Boston Schrod.   "Schrod" is an old acronym for Small Cod / Haddock Remaining On Dock.  Just to the south in Rhode Island, they leave off the "H", and spell it "scrod."   The term comes from when it was sold by the fish, rather than by the pound.  If they sold each fish for a dollar, people would pick the bigger ones first, and the smaller ones were the small ones remaining on the dock.   Anyway, Durgin-Park has  delicious scrod/schrod, and their baked beans are great, too.  The baked beans are nice and firm, and not all "soupy".    Many BBQ joints tend to have very soupy baked beans.  The Boston baked style, especially at Durgin-Park, beats southern baked beans hands down. 

There are also a few seafood places we enjoy in RI, including Aunt Carries in Narragansett..(love the "Indian pudding" for dessert),  Flo's Clam Shack in Portsmouth and Middletown, and the restaurant at Old Mountain Lanes in Wakefield (yes, it's in a bowling alley!).   They have great fish and chips.   

Next category:
Steaks:
We have had really good steaks at Rustler's Roost in Phoenix, and at Cattleman's in Fort Worth, TX  (the "old west" part of Fort Worth, north of the modern downtown).  There are a few "Cattleman's" restaurants across the country, but as far as we know, they are not associated with Cattleman's in Fort Worth.       Tuscan Steak in South Beach / Maimi Beach was also excellent, but sadly is now closed. 

Next category:
Burgers: 
After reading some reviews here, it's likely that our opinion and tastes on burgers are probably different from the majority of you.  We like our burgers well done.  We don't like them pink or still moo-ing.  No, we don't like them tough or like hockey pucks, either.   Anyone can serve raw meat or serve a hockey puck.   But, it's not easy to make a burger that is both well-done AND still juicy.   But, a few places do accomplish this task very well.  We prefer thinner burgers, rather than thicker burgers.  The reason is, since we like it well done, a thick burger needs to cook a long time to get it well done, and that will toughen it up.  A thinner burger patty cooks quicker, so is less likely to toughen up than a well done thick burger.    So, if we want a thicker burger, the best way to go is to just get a double burger made up of two thinner, quick cooked patties. 
One of our favorite places for this style of well done, but juicy burgers is Five Guys.  Yeah,  we know.  It's a chain, and that is a cardinal sin in the RoadFood world.  However, to us, it doesn't seem like a chain.  Five Guys got its start right in our area here in the northern part of Virginia.  We first started going when there was only a few locations.  So, to us it was never a mega-chain.  Today, most of the Five Guys chain locations seem to be continuing to serve the quality burgers they always have.  We have literally eaten hundreds of Five Guys burgers over the years, and I can't recall more than 1 or 2 that weren't juicy, even though they are well done.  Bravo.     I do agree with a lot of opinions that they need a little better bun. 
We also like Jake's Burgers, which a  mini-chain located in just northern Delaware and also has 1 location in Elkton, MD.  They are similar in style to Five Guys.   One thing at Jake's that Five Guys doesn't have is shakes.    The shakes at Jake's are terrific!  They do many custom flavors, and have a flavor of the month, such as pumpkin this time of year.  Their vanilla shakes have a very strong vanilla flavor, which is just how I like them.   Wimpy, weak vanilla flavoring is a pet peeve of mine.   Jake's really cranks up the vanilla intensity.   

Next category:
Philly-style Cheesesteaks:
We like ours "wiz wit", which seems to be South Philly's most popular way to serve them.  Our favorite cheesesteak places are Pat's and Tony Luke's.    

Well, that was a sampling of some of our favorites in some of the major categories.   We did not go into very much detail on any particular restaurant, but we wanted to just give a sampling of some of our favorites, as a self-introduction to the RoadFood site. 

We hope to join in on some of the restaurant meet-ups in the future. 

Best regards,
Glenn  (and Janet)

Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/11/20 08:56:23
Nice introduction, Glenn! Your description has given me a new appreciation for Five Guys. It may still not be my burger of choice, but I am enriched by seeing why someone else loves them.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/11/20 09:31:30
Welcome!

You are tne first person that I can remember that has mentioned D and H in Manning! We loved that place and used to bring empty containers with us so that we could buy their sauce......................none better,  in my opinion,
Have you tried McCabe's down the street from D and H?  They have terrific pulled pork and the fried chicken is some of the best that I have ever had.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/11/20 09:38:35
Great first post Glenn!  We definitely disagree about some things, like Texas BBQ, but you sure sound like a serious Roadfooder to me.  Welcome to you and Janet and we look forward to hearing more from you.

I was under the impression that Melton's in Rocky Mount closed.  Are you saying they just moved?
Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/11/20 15:17:18
Hello all ,
Welcome to all the newbies !!
You have found a very friendly forum of like minded roadfooders .Meets and Greets are my favorites , but if you head over to that forum  you may already know that
Benzee
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/11/20 15:48:23

Ralph Melton, Greymo, buffetbuster, and Benzee -

Thanks for the comments and compliments. 

Addressing a couple comments and questions ......

Greymo - 
We have not been to McCabe's.   We love the BBQ and fried chicken near it at D&H.  Do you think McCabe's is even better?   We'd love to try it. 

buffetbuster - 
Regarding the Texas BBQ brisket, we were really looking forward to it, and had high hopes.  We really wanted to like it.   It was okay, just not great.  Maybe we went to the wrong places.  Do you have any suggested places for next time?  We went to Sonny Bryan's in Dallas, Louis Mueller's in Taylor, and one or two other's I can't recall right now.   
Regarding Melton's BBQ, it used to be right on the Tar River, until Hurricane Floyd flooded it out in 1999.  They re-opned on the west side of town.  The new locatiuon was not very good.  It was a sterile atmosphere, not like the old place that had a lot of  character sitting beside the lazy Tar River (which is apparently not always lazy!).  The food seemed to go way down hill at the new place.  Anyway, since you just asked about it, I googled Melton's, and apparently the new location has closed, too.  I didn't know the new location closed.  We hadn't been back to Melton's in probably at least 8 or 9 years. 

Ralph -
Maybe you'll give Five Guys another try.   Don't think of them as a mega-chain.  They really were a good local place in northern VA for many years before they spread their wings nationwide.   Maybe the ones near here in northern VA are better?   We don't know.  We don't eat at them in other parts of the country, as we like to try the local food of where we are visiting at the time.   Next time you happen to be in norther VA, give 'em another try. 

Glenn and Janet

post edited by Glenn1234 - 2010/11/20 15:57:25
Bobby G's Good Eats
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/03 19:22:02
Hello everyone...my name is Robert but you can call me Bobby or Bobby G... I am a single parent of a 3 year old girl and I live in coral springs, south florida... I knew I wanted to cook from an early age (I used to make my dads sandwiches after school as he was a musician and slept until I got home) and thus the bug started...My mom and her sister and my friends moms were good cooks but when they realized that when I started to cook their recipes and tweeked them to make them my own... I just made everything a whole lot better, I became the cook of the family for all our holidays and parties... and my so called "hobby" began... I love to cook...I have been out of work for a few months now and with my parents help and very limited budget, am going to venture into the business... When I found this site I was amazed, confused, overwhelmed, thankful and excited all in one and felt like I belonged even though I am not a culinary chef, just someone that can cook pretty decent...the people who help out us newbies with their years of experience are a blessing and throwback to the way life and people should be...because no one really has to lend a hand unless they want to and it seems to me most on here are just good people with that notion on mind...I have a ton of questions that need to be answered and have already been answered thanks to the research from all the forums...when I get my trailer going and start working fairs and such (bet y'all are thrilled bout that), I do hope to meet and greet some of you and all are welcome to "purchase" my food...lol...j/k... seriously though, I hope to make some friends on here and when the time comes, are able to give back to this community
Thank You
Bobby G.
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/14 10:24:24
Welcome, Bobby G and best of luck with your trailer!
dimmie2
Cheeseburger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/17 16:32:41
Hello everyone.  My name is Sharon and I live in Marina del Rey with my S/O.  I hear this is a great place to meet folks and be introduced to some outstanding food.
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/17 17:30:35
Absolutely! Welcome, and we look forward to your contributions!
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/22 11:58:01
Hello Sharon,
   Welcome to Roadfood. We look forward to hearing about the SoCal scene !  I lived in the South Bay area as a kid, and more recently (up to 2000) in the High desert. Now we are in the Ohio Valley near Louisville, KY. Lots of interesting food here too.
Again welcome to the site.
AL
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/25 15:21:14
Hi!

It's difficult to talk about food at the moment. It's Christmas day and I'm relatively certain I did internal damage during breakfast. Can a stomach explode? I hope not.

I'm a scenic artist. I've traveled over the last several years from amusement park to amusement park painting the surreal. I moved to Orlando to work on the Harry Potter project at Universal. Unfortunately, the economy decided to play dead at the same time that I moved here. Prior to the economic slump I had my next scenic job lined up before the job I was currently working on was finished. Suddenly, bids fell through, projects stalled, plugs were pulled and, just like that, there were wide gaps between gigs. I panicked and moved away from freelance scenic and took a full time gig doing all of the visual stuff for BassPro/Outdoor World. It's ok...but it's retail...need I say more?

I just bought my first concession trailer. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to freelance because now I'll have my trailer to fill in the gaps. In time I hope the concession trailer becomes my full time gig...truthfully, I hope that I have so much success with the trailer that I don't even have to think about doing anything else. I'm trying to be realistic in my expectations and keep a little weight tied to my balloon.

I worked for a concert promoter for 16 plus years so I have a long history with the festival circuit. Maybe this will help me break in...fingers crossed.

Nice to meet y'all,

Kim
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/25 15:25:31
p.s. I have to post 20 something more times before I can ask a question in another forum. I have many virtues. Patience is not among them. I will fight against the urge to say hello to you 26 more times. It won't be easy.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/25 16:43:48
nom nom nom

p.s. I have to post 20 something more times before I can ask a question in another forum. I have many virtues. Patience is not among them. I will fight against the urge to say hello to you 26 more times. It won't be easy.
Well Hello to you ...

mar52
Sirloin
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/25 16:53:38
Hi Nom Nom Nom,

Welcome!  I think you can post in all of the forums.  It may be the posting of pictures and PM's that you can't use until your a seasoned poster.

Again...  Welcome to Roadfood.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/25 21:21:41
nom nom nom

nom nom nom, Welcome to RF.  You should be able to do just about anything on the site except post links.  Necessary evil.

Join in on any thread.  Joe
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/26 08:08:06
Welcome to a fine group of folks.Glad to have you!
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/26 15:30:22
Hello, hello, hello! Happy to be here.

I can't start a new thread...and I totally understand the necessary evil. I'll get there.

...let's see...30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25...
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/26 15:31:06
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/26 15:31:20
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/26 15:31:41
...just kidding
nom nom nom
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/26 15:32:20
..sort of...
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2010/12/29 10:39:27
denver001

Try it:

You'll like it!
pork chop express
Junior Burger
Re:NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2011/01/25 23:01:53
Howdy all, just found this forum while looking for a site where other restaurant owners may discuss the business in other parts of the country. I am the owner/operator of a small restaurant in Birmingham, Alabama. I love food, love to cook, and generally enjoy the "hospitality" part of the restaurant business.  Like a lot of restaurant owners and "lifers" I sort of fell into the business by accident. I started working as a busboy while in college, during that time I also learned to cook. I enjoyed cooking and was actually pretty good at it. During my time pursuing a marketing degree (the only business degree available to slackers such as myself) I really fell in love with food and restaurants. That was about 14 yrs ago.  Long story short , I have been the proud owner/operator of my own place for about 3 1/2 years. As you may can guess by my screen name, I am a big fan of the pig.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2011/01/26 04:26:56
I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Welcome!
Canada
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2011/03/07 12:02:24
Hi all!  I get a bit shy but I really enjoy this site.  But then, I really enjoy good cooking and good eating.  I and hubby travel twice a year across the US and have always carried one or more road food books along in the map bag.  Our first Roadfood book was a gift from someone who just walked right up to our front door on Christmas Eve because we had a Christmas cross lit up on the back of the house that shone out across the valley, and the stranger thought it looked just like the one in the front of the first Roadfood book.  Gosh that really takes me back...  Must be many more than 20 years ago.  What year did the Stern's put out their first book?  Love old diners and supper clubs.  Sometimes we luck out, sometimes we don't.   I do a lot of non-fiction writing when we travel the road and always love finding new places and hearing peoples stories. Right now we are stuck here in snow country waiting for the big thaw so we can hit the road again.  
tarotgamer
Junior Burger
Re:cheap cars 2011/03/08 15:20:21
As a kid I was raised on Miracle Whip so I find mayo to be exotic and not boring. 
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
Re:cheap cars 2011/03/08 16:10:30
Welcome Canada (I love that story) and gamer!
Barbeque barn
Cheeseburger
The Barbeque Barn 2011/03/17 16:50:30

The barbeque barn
custom made grill and custom built truck. Had grill made in Holdridge,Ne and made truck from an Old Home Bread truck myself. 5yr project and just ready for the inspection next week and hopefully pass. Happy to find a fourm with so much information and helpful people. thank you Mike
post edited by Barbeque barn - 2011/03/17 16:56:07
veracious
Junior Burger
RE: NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2011/05/10 02:37:59
hi, i am newbie here, specially in search of good recipies.yammamiaa.....and yes the big thing is that i am here for some fun too 
andbalt501
Junior Burger
New Members Please 2011/06/05 06:14:57
Hello everyone,
How are you? I am new in this community. And I have noticed that there is no welcome thread for us new member. By the way, I am James Carl a.k.a andbalt501 from United States. I'm the Chef Master for almost 10 years. Welcome us all guys! God bless!

Regards,
andbalt501

post edited by andbalt501 - 2011/06/05 06:16:59
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/05 07:38:12
WarmBeer
Hamburger
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 10:44:34
I'm a newbie also.  Saw that thread but also saw that it is rather out of the way and not very responsive to new members (typically only 1 or 2 welcomes, often by the same core people).  Seems like there should be a better way to do it.
Florida.Food.Trucks
Junior Burger
Re:NEW POSTERS! Introduce yourselves! 2011/06/07 11:09:42
Greetings everyone,

During a search for a particular want ad on Craigslist one of the post was here on the forums, after reading the forums as a guest it looked like a great place to join and be a member of such a group.

I have over 35 years of culinary experience and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow road food lovers. 
billyboy
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 11:11:47
Welcome to Roadfood, andbalt501 & WarmBeer!!  Hope you enjoy the site!  If you're looking for places to eat or want to post about where you've eaten, take advantage of those threads as they usually are fairly busy.  Also the Eat & Greets lets you know about upcoming get togethers and they are a great way to get to know other Roadfooders.  See you around the boards!
Billyboy
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 11:15:38
WarmBeer

I'm a newbie also.  Saw that thread but also saw that it is rather out of the way and not very responsive to new members (typically only 1 or 2 welcomes, often by the same core people).  Seems like there should be a better way to do it.

We suspended the parades for new members back in '06.  No one wanted to show up for float construction unless there was sour cream raisin pie.
WarmBeer
Hamburger
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 14:27:40
Don't require an entire parade.  Maybe just a fanfare and a little confetti
i95
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 14:44:23
WarmBeer

Maybe just a fanfare and a little confetti

Now you've done it.

You just tripped this site's confetti alarm.

(Leave it to the freakin' newbie. Oh and welcome. )
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 15:02:22
.....and who wants to tell andbalt501 that green font is reserved for i95? 
post edited by buffetbuster - 2011/06/13 08:27:21
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 15:06:09
Everyone is welcome here who swears:
1.Eternal damnation to ketchup on a hot dog.
2. A Martini is made only from a lot of dry gin and a little dry vermouth on a lot of ice.
3. The essentials of nutrition are fat, sugar, and BBQ.

Cheers, John 

Cheers, john 
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 15:38:21
John

Wasnt there a few more of those rules lying around here.

Like Cliff's
"if a place is known for a certain type of pie you must get that type and at least 2 others for comparison"

Dale's
"You must have lutefisk in MN"

Davydd's
"You must order and try the BPT at everyplace in the midwest that serves them"

among many many others

Oh and BTW

WELCOME TO ROADFOOD!!

ps:  Hey TTM, I didnt get a parade or Pie what gives!!!!!!!!!
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 15:58:47
Your join date was July 2006.  Looks like you may have missed the spring cutoff.  Sorry, bro.  That last parade was a doozy.  You should have seen what some of the women were doing to try to get beads.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 15:59:25
Seafarer is wrong-no ice in a martini!!!
Welcome to Roadfood.We have alot of fun here.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 16:00:17
The Travelin Man

Your join date was July 2006.  Looks like you may have missed the spring cutoff.  Sorry, bro.  That last parade was a doozy.  You should have seen what some of the women were doing to try to get beads.

MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 16:01:08
annpeeples

Seafarer is wrong-no ice in a martini!!!
Welcome to Roadfood.We have alot of fun here.

You drink your martinis warm? " />

Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 16:14:56
Seafarer John's  artini soungs nearly  perfect    great   but  you only  wave the  bottle of vermouth over the gin!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 16:17:07
WarmBeer

I agree with WarmBeer. And by the way, Welcome. I Thought the "Welcome Newcomers" Thread had it's own separate Forum at one time, did it not Stephen? 
post edited by Foodbme - 2011/06/12 17:16:36
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 16:29:12
A Martini on the rocks is acceptable but, like that crazy uncle you keep locked in the attic, no one talks about it. 

I meant to say, as per Bernard DeVoto, that the Martini should be stirred in $100 worth of ice, then strained into the glass.

Cheers, John 
chickenplucker
Cheeseburger
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 18:12:10
Another newb checking in. I live in Georgia and love following everyones exploits. I love me some chicken....
WarmBeer
Hamburger
Re:New Members Please 2011/06/07 20:59:45
i95
Now you've done it.

You just tripped this site's .

(Leave it to the freakin' newbie. Oh and welcome. )

I like that!!  Thanks
(sqtm)
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 16