In n out burger recipe at home (link)

Filet Mignon
2012/01/22 16:44:47
I'm going to do this. Not today, but soon.Man, this is going to be one outstanding hamburger.

ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/01/22 17:03:04
Pretty good job on the disection...any guesses as to how close it comes?
mar52
Sirloin
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/01/22 17:30:39
I think you're going to need two days to accomplish that.

fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/01/23 13:18:54
Has anyone ever produced a "at home" item that tasted exactly as it does at the place it is being copied from?
DougS
Cheeseburger
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/01/23 18:29:20
Awful lot of work to go to making a burger clone.
Are they that good?
Maybe a clone could come close to the real thing, maybe even better. Depends on fresh ingredients.

Mosca
Filet Mignon
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/01/23 21:16:16
The only part that looks like a PITA to me is the onions, and I can do them the way I like them instead of like in the recipe. Otherwise, mix the sauce, toast the bun and make a burger. I can have the butcher at Wegman's grind the beef.
rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/02/12 08:12:52
I tried this....pretty much followed the process exactly...I did grind more meat then the recipe called for simply because it isn't worth cleaning the grinder for just a 1/2 pounds worth of burger.

Even found the Arnold's buns.....got the last package on the shelf at my local Martin's....

Had the deli slice me up a 1/2 pound of yellow american cheese just a bit thicker than normal.....Cooper's was the brand I bought.

I made one "Double Double" Animal Style, and one normal...I gotta say, this was as close to the real thing as I've ever been able to reproduce.

Was it worth it YES!....It was fun, and like I said the taste was right on.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/02/12 08:48:26
If he made a slow cooker batch of onions...he would have been all set by the time he did the rest of the procedure.

Very thinly sliced onions with some butter for a good good long time.
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/02/12 15:26:25
CC, I like onions in everything, and that could set me up in the freezer for a good while.

Butter, you bet, what else?  Salt and pepper too.  How about some green pepper thrown in? 

How long would you say is that good long time?  Thanks.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/02/12 15:39:02
I know some let it go long and slow...for up to 18 hours.

But between seeing the butcher the baker and setting the candles out...pop them in the Crockpot and they should be ready way before you sit down.

They will freeze well...as well.
thehomefoodcook
Junior Burger
Re:In n out burger recipe at home (link) 2012/05/01 05:59:33
I tried that same recipe from SeriousEats as well!
It turned out really well, although the kitchen was quite messy afterwards! Lots of work, yes..but I agree..definitely worth it! All the pics are at thehomefoodcook.com