Here's another favorite bread machine recipe I developed: King's Hawaiian Bread Copycat for Bread Machine
This recipe makes a single 2-pound loaf.
3/4 cup pineapple juice (from heavy syrup, canned)*
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup prepared mashed potatoes (from instant ok)
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon ground dried ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1 pkg bread machine or instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
4 Tablespoons Butter Flavored Crisco, softened
4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together the pineapple juice, egg, sugar, yogurt, mashed potatoes, salt, ginger, vanilla extract, lemon extract, yellow food coloring (optional), and bread machine or instant yeast. Mix well. Add mixed ingredients to bread machine.
2. Add Butter Flavored Crisco, in Tablespoon sized pieces, to the bread machine.
3. Add 4 cups of all-purpose flour to the bread machine.
4. Set the bread machine for Sweet Bread Cycle (or White Bread if your machine doesn't have a Sweet Bread Cycle) and 2 pound loaf, medium color crust. Press Start.
5. After dough has mixed for a few minutes, add a little water or flour as needed to form a smooth ball of dough. It should be a smooth dough ball that holds its shape and not like a batter.
6. When the bread is done, remove from machine and allow to cool before slicing.
*There is about 3/4 cup of liquid in a 20 oz can of Pineapple. Add a little water if necessary to make 3/4 cup. Save the Pineapple pieces for another use.