B&J's steaks and seafood Darien GA

Cheeseburger
2012/02/07 19:59:49
I have posted before about this place, but we ate here today and the GA shrimp dinner is not to be missed.  This is wonderful food, the shrimp is large, lightly breaded, and beyond delicious.  I got the Mac and Cheese as a side, and it is stellar.  My husband opted  for cole slaw, and he proclaimed it wonderfully delicious.  This is a great place to eat! 
OxDawg
Hamburger
Re:B&J's steaks and seafood Darien GA 2012/02/07 21:04:00
Yes it is. Next time try Skipper's, ,their shrimp are also very good, and it is featured on Roadfood.
Large Man
Hamburger
Re:B&J's steaks and seafood Darien GA 2012/02/07 21:28:31
Better yet stop at D&D Shrimp trailer at the Chevron station at the bridge on 17 and buy several pounds of the fresh shrimp take em home and eat until miserable.  He usually has the best price for off the boat fresh shrimp.  Skippers is very good also!
sudie
Cheeseburger
Re:B&J's steaks and seafood Darien GA 2012/02/08 10:13:15
We've been to Skipper's a couple of times, and agree that their shrimp is good, and their facility is far better than B&J's, but we're in love with B&J's shrimp.  Appreciate the tip about the fresh shrimp, Large Man.  I know exactly where you mean.  We'll stop next time.  We've been getting really great shrimp at Lazaretto Creek near Tybee, where we are for the winter.  BTW, never saw so many MacIntosh County police on I-95 as we did coming home from Darien yesterday.  I haven't noticed this before, but I think watching your speed around there is a must.
OxDawg
Hamburger
Re:B&J's steaks and seafood Darien GA 2012/02/09 11:40:34
The D&D trailer also has fresh flounder as well as shrimp. The shrimp that they sell come from the same supplier B&J's uses I believe. When I visit the trailer I usually buy no fewer than 5 pounds, as Large Man said, enough to eat until I am miserable. I wished I lived closer to Darien so I could go more than once or twice a year.