Is ANYONE at their desks?

Call anyone, anywhere, in business or Government, they ALL are "away from my desk or out of the office", it's crazy, with all the hundreds of billions spent to easily connect to someone, you can't get anyone on the phone anymore, If you agree with this leave a name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! You agree?
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 12:11:29
I'm at my desk.
SeamusD
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 12:53:54
I'm at my desk, but I get so many phone calls, if I answered every one of them, I'd get nothing else done during the day.
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 12:55:51
I get especially annoyed when I call someone's cell phone and get their answering machine.  Of course, I am also guilty of not answering my cell phone when I am driving (since I consider it distracting) unless I know ahead of time someone is going to be calling me.
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 14:00:35
kland01s

I'm at my desk.

I know your at your desk, so is everyone else, only nobody answeres the phone anymore!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 14:04:50
6star

I get especially annoyed when I call someone's cell phone and get their answering machine.  Of course, I am also guilty of not answering my cell phone when I am driving (since I consider it distracting) unless I know ahead of time someone is going to be calling me.

So because it's a cell phone they are required to be at your beck and call regardless of what they are doing? I don't have a cell phone for anyone's convenience but my own. And when I'm busy, just like with my land line, calls go to voice mail.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 14:06:56
6star

Is there anyone left like myself who does NOT have a cell phone? I admit I have had one in the past, but do not now and do not miss it at a all.

lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 14:09:30
I don't even have a desk anymore.  Yay!  And I answer the phone.
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 14:11:27
chewingthefat

kland01s

I'm at my desk.

I know your at your desk, so is everyone else, only nobody answeres the phone anymore!

I was being a smart  ass but seriously I have had to do a lot of calling recently straightening out some things with my Medicare and Social Security and never had a problem getting a hold of person I needed to talk to. I found everyone to be really helpful.  It was a very complicated mess and wound surprising me how easily it got fixed.

ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 15:56:33
chewingthefat

Call anyone, anywhere, in business or Government, they ALL are "away from my desk or out of the office", it's crazy, with all the hundreds of billions spent to easily connect to someone, you can't get anyone on the phone anymore, If you agree with this leave a name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! You agree?

When I'm at my desk and the phone rings the first thing I do is check Caller ID...
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 17:03:39
Im at mine for another 3 minutes then im gone.
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 17:14:44
I know this sounds odd, but I cannot stand to have my phone ring more than 3 times, at home or here, especially here. If I get a Telemarketing call I have devised special tortures for the various callers. One in particular is a deaf phone relay caller, a scam from our friends in Nigeria. It entails them using the relay operator, wanting to order a large catering, saying that they will have their "agent" pick it up, they want to add a $1000-$1500.00 tip and want to pay for it NOW, with a credit card, even though the catering they want is weeks away. Restaurants that fall for it are out the tip. I was onto it in about 1 second the first time I got a call, and since this is the family hour, I can't repeat how I handle these frequent calls...suffice to say, I actually look forward to them...makes my day!
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 20:51:02
I'm never at a desk anymore. I compute with a laptop in a comfy recliner with my iPad and iPhone on the side table and the big screen TV in front of me. Since the recliner is at the end of the sofa, I can occasionally compute and read in the prone position with my iPad.
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/09 21:21:47
I pressed 2 for spanish
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/10 11:50:11
pnwchef

I pressed 2 for spanish

Did anyone answer?

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/10 12:02:10
I am considering buying a smart HD TV.  I have looked at several and at this point, Sony is at the top of the list although there are many more available.  It seems that most are wireless anymore for internet connections.

Does anyone have any experience with any of them???

Paul E. smith
Knoxville, TN
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Is ANYONE at their desks? 2012/02/10 15:47:03
Sundancer7
I am considering buying a smart HD TV.  I have looked at several and at this point, Sony is at the top of the list although there are many more available.  It seems that most are wireless anymore for internet connections.
Does anyone have any experience with any of them???
Paul E. smith
Knoxville, TN

Get the March 2012 issue of Consumer Reports. Contains an extensive article on the subject.