Dumb questions of the day....

chefbuba
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Reward points : 0
Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 2:26 PM
First customer walks up looks at the menu,asks what a double cheese Burger is.
Next question ....what's the sauce? It's like1000 island. What's that?
It's going to be a long day.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17801
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 3:00 PM
Double cheeseburger-- a cheeseburger with double the amount of cheese?

1,000 Island Dressing -- the style of clothing worn in a region of upstate New York along Lake Ontario?

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 3:31 PM
chefbuba:
You need to answer their questions  v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-y  s-o  t-h-e-y  c-a-n  u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d  e-a-c-h  w-o-r-d  t-h-a-t  y-o-u  s-a-y
Now, be nice to your customers!

Glenn1234
  • Total Posts : 508
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 4:15 PM
By asking, "What's a double cheeseburger?"  .....  the customer probably meant, "What comes on the double cheeseburger?"   L, T, O, P, M, K ???

I also have no idea exactly what is 1000 island dressing is.  All I know is that it is goopy orange stuff, and I don't like it.   ...And, Californians seem to love the stuff on their burgers. 

Glenn 

<message edited by Glenn1234 on Wed, 02/15/12 4:18 PM>

lornaschinske
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 4:52 PM
Thousand Island dressing is the "Special Sauce" on a Big Mac.

Basically Ketchup, mayo and pickle relish all mixed together. In my opinion... YUK. But some folks love it.

Chefbubba.... I understand how you feel.
<message edited by lornaschinske on Wed, 02/15/12 4:53 PM>

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9527
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 7:26 PM
Here's the story of 1000 Island Dressing:
http://boldtcastle.wordpress.com/stories/1000-island-dressing/

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17801
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 8:20 PM
Fact is, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Vic Cardenas
  • Total Posts : 177
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/15/12 11:30 PM
Did this person appear to be a foreigner? Even then, it's still weird.

ricoboxing
  • Total Posts : 33
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 02/23/12 2:34 PM
maybe u got to put a pic of every single item with a written description

Dr of BBQ
  • Total Posts : 3716
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 02/23/12 2:40 PM
I have had a customer or two over the years ask if they could have extra BBQ on a sandwich. Yes I know what they want but it just grates me to no end. It's a transitive verb not a a noun. It's a process...and it makes me crazy, when someone ask for "More BBQ"! LMAO

Just as I was typing this I stopped to wait on a customer and as I gave him his change he said "We have been waiting to try your food".

I just said.... well thank you for stopping and I hope you enjoy your food.
But I was thinking.....
Waiting, waiting, ..............6 years in the same spot open year around what the hell have you been waiting for?

LMAO
<message edited by Dr of BBQ on Fri, 06/1/12 9:42 AM>

wheregreggeats.com
  • Total Posts : 4530
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 02/23/12 3:22 PM
Dr of BBQ

I have had a customer or two over the years ask if they could have extra BBQ on a sandwich. Yes I know what they want but it just grates me to know end. It's a transitive verb not a a noun. It's a process...and it makes me crazy, when someone ask for "More BBQ"! LMAO
LMAO

... a syntax error in a complaint about a syntax error ...

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 02/23/12 3:58 PM
That's funny your correct but mine was a typo. But it's still funny. I shouldn't be typing while I wait on customers.lol

Inkys
  • Total Posts : 64
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 02/24/12 2:06 AM
... a syntax error in a complaint about a syntax error ...

.... I love it

BuddyRoadhouse
  • Total Posts : 4074
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 02/24/12 3:48 AM
Dr of BBQ

I have had a customer or two over the years ask if they could have extra BBQ on a sandwich. Yes I know what they want but it just grates me to know end. It's a transitive verb not a a noun. It's a process...and it makes me crazy, when someone ask for "More BBQ"! LMAO

And every once in a while you get some punk who asks you if you serve Italian food!  Am I right or what?

Buddy

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 02/24/12 8:13 AM
Yes, but he turned out to be a great friend.
LOL

Bobby G's Good Eats
  • Total Posts : 30
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sat, 02/25/12 11:29 AM
i had a guy stop on wednesday ask me if i have burgers... i told him yes, they are 6 ounces, hand formed not frozen and i grind them myself daily...he said....so you have to cook them... i say of course...he left.

lornaschinske
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sun, 02/26/12 12:08 PM
Dr of BBQ

Just as I was typing this I stopped to wait on a customer and as I gave him his change he said "We have been waiting to try your food".

I just said.... well thank you for stopping and I hope you enjoy your food.
But I was thinking.....
Waiting, waiting, ..............6 years in the same spot open year around what the hell have you been waiting for?

We hung around Socorro for a month before we left. David wasn't vending in that time. In the final week plus the month we were still there, David heard a lot of "I never got a chance to stop" stuff.  Bugged him big time.

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sun, 02/26/12 12:14 PM
Lorna,
I understand it makes you crazy. You just wonder what you could have done that would trigger them to stop and buy.

daddywoofdawg
  • Total Posts : 299
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sun, 02/26/12 6:53 PM
Bobby G's Good Eats

i had a guy stop on wednesday ask me if i have burgers... i told him yes, they are 6 ounces, hand formed not frozen and i grind them myself daily...he said....so you have to cook them... i say of course...he left.

The answer should of been, no we cook them for you.

Foodbme
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Mon, 02/27/12 12:54 AM
Bobby G's Good Eats

My guess is that he was thinking that you already had some cooked ahead and he may not have wanted to wait for you to cook one for him. Just a thought

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 02/29/12 11:33 AM
Foodbyme has a good point; the guy's reply actually makes sense in that context.

It brought back memories, though, of one time at a restaurant, I decided to order the steak tartare. The waitress confessed that she didn't really trust the dish at that restaurant, so, to the amusement of my friends at the table and the waitress, I said, "OK, I'll take a burger then. Rare. Very rare."

Bart

ricoboxing
  • Total Posts : 33
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 03/7/12 8:05 AM
"there's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Homer Simpson

Bobby G's Good Eats
  • Total Posts : 30
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 03/9/12 7:08 PM
I thought he wanted the frozen, nuked patty we get in 3 minutes and didn't want to wait the 6 minutes for mine... which is his loss as well as mine...

it's truly amazing we are in such a rush nowadays that we think 6 minutes is a long time...

foodb: i cook all my food to order but am wondering would'nt the burger be crappy if it's just sitting for who knows how long pre-cooked or is there something I can do to maintain the freshness with a pre-cooked.

thanks
Bobby G

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1208
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sat, 03/10/12 9:58 AM
Bobby G's Good Eats
I thought he wanted the frozen, nuked patty we get in 3 minutes and didn't want to wait the 6 minutes for mine... which is his loss as well as mine...

I'm the kind of customer you want, then. I will often make special orders, just to ensure that the burger is freshly cooked (as a matter of fact, that's how I first developed my taste for rare burgers, decades ago; I found that one of the best ways to get a fresh burger is to ask for it rare. I remember when Burger King started it's "Have it Your Way" campaign, and discovered that the slogan didn't extend to having it COOKED your way....).

Bart

chefbuba
  • Total Posts : 1951
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 05/31/12 12:38 AM
Today's question........What's a cheese steak, and the same person says:
" You don't got no pictures"?

Buck & Vi's
  • Total Posts : 822
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 05/31/12 6:24 PM
yup thats sadly the way it goes today,,, all the fast food palces do to photos.. so..if thay cant see it they dont know what it is everyone is lazy today.. 90 % of my customers will check out the order of the guy in frt. of him to see if its something they want to order..then you hear Mmmmmmm..i'll take one of those too !! :>]..i dont use pics. either I did do a plexiglass box sorta thing for a while with the days special in there but i gave up on that too.. now all they gotta do is look at the guy in frt of ya.

on edit that reminds me of one guy that came stroling out the other day and say's "you got something where you by sumpin and get something free"? sorry I laughd right out loud.
and said why yes you buy one burritto for reg. price and get and get another for equal value
<message edited by Buck & Vi's on Thu, 05/31/12 6:29 PM>

neckbone
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 06/1/12 9:05 AM
Went to a new fast food place in northern wisconsin,and being from chicago I saw a gyro on the menu.I told the girl i will have a gyro please! She said,what kind of bread would you like that on. Just was not the same on fake italian bread.

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Tue, 06/5/12 5:28 PM
I just had a young very clean cut kid maybe 18 or 19  pull up to the window that told me he was starving hadn't eaten since this morning, but knew his parents were going to take him out to dinner tonight because he just got a job. Wanted something that wouldn't spoil his appetite. I suggested my Char Dog explained how good they were and that they are made from Angus Beef Brisket. He said he didn't really like hot dogs, but agreed to try it if I put BBQ sauce on it. LMAO  I fixed him a dog put the sauce on the side and said try this without any sauce at first they are that good. He said ok. Then when he tried to pay I told him when he gets his 6th paycheck to come back and buy some ribs. You should have seen the look on his face. He looked like he had won the lotto. I loved it, made my day.

FriedTater
  • Total Posts : 414
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 06/6/12 12:10 PM
Dr. cool idea. Hope the young kid makes it to 6 paychecks!

Hot Dog Empire
  • Total Posts : 175
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 06/6/12 3:03 PM
That's awesome. Sometimes you never know what stay's in peoples head and what influence that it had on them.

A few years ago I used to drive the same route to this particular job site. Every day there was a homeless guy standing there with a "Homeless Vet" sign asking for money. After about a week, I timed the traffic light so I would be right next to him. He walked over with his cup and I asked him if he had any skills. He replied "No". I offered him a job as a laborer with a carpenters apprentice position in 3 months if he stuck around. He said "no, I cant." Which upset me because he was willing to stand there asking for a handout, but given the chance to change his life - was too much.

As he was walking away I commented about how he probably wasn't even a Vet but was playing on peoples patriotism. He just kept walking and I never seen him again. But i'm willing to bet that you'll see that kid again.

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 06/6/12 3:38 PM
FriedTater

Dr. cool idea. Hope the young kid makes it to 6 paychecks!

I hope he does. He was so excited about getting a job that I was impressed. I don't know if I'll remember him if he comes back but I promise he told a couple of friends or family members about what went on. It was fun.

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 06/6/12 3:47 PM
Hot Dog Empire

That's awesome. Sometimes you never know what stay's in peoples head and what influence that it had on them.

A few years ago I used to drive the same route to this particular job site. Every day there was a homeless guy standing there with a "Homeless Vet" sign asking for money. After about a week, I timed the traffic light so I would be right next to him. He walked over with his cup and I asked him if he had any skills. He replied "No". I offered him a job as a laborer with a carpenters apprentice position in 3 months if he stuck around. He said "no, I cant." Which upset me because he was willing to stand there asking for a handout, but given the chance to change his life - was too much.

As he was walking away I commented about how he probably wasn't even a Vet but was playing on peoples patriotism. He just kept walking and I never seen him again. But i'm willing to bet that you'll see that kid again.

Well if he does come back I'll certainly ask how works is going. LOL The other part of your post is sad. I think those that lie about military status  or even inflate rank or rate deserve pity. It is an honor to serve your country and those that do deserve respect. Not that I have anything against those that didn't go but don't "not serve" and then lie that you did.

lornaschinske
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 06/6/12 8:09 PM
Dr of BBQ

I have had a customer or two over the years ask if they could have extra BBQ on a sandwich. Yes I know what they want but it just grates me to no end. It's a transitive verb not a a noun. It's a process...and it makes me crazy, when someone ask for "More BBQ"!

Re-read this thread. Made me think of my daughter's boyfriend (we don't like him). Anyway, BBQ is not only a meat is it a method of cooking meat as well as a verb and a cooker. You eat BBQ (pork) that you BBQ'ed on the BBQ grill. BBQ is PORK BBQ, other meats must be specified as in Beef BBQ, Chicken BBQ, Turkey BBQ, etc. It's also an event ("We're gonna have a BBQ this Saturday. Y'all come and bring a veggie. How bringing some macaroni & cheese"). We have a hard time convincing my daughter's boyfriend that Mac & Cheese IS a vegetable. Everyone in the South knows BBQ is pork and Mac & Cheese is a vegetable. It's a Southern Thang!

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Wed, 06/6/12 9:33 PM
BBQ is a process.  If they want more on their sandwich it's either more brisket, more pulled pork, or more sauce.  If you invite someone to a BBQ it's just that - people partying while the chef is smoking or grilling meats.  You don't invite someone to a brisket or a rack of ribs, or a pulled pork.  You invite them to the process of making the meat of choice. LOL It still makes me crazy. People talk like that because they are lazy.

Another thing that drives me up a wall is "I'm going to change that (whatever item) out. Example: He changed the light bulb out. Grrrrr! Stop with the out. You may be taking one out and replacing it with a new item but that's it. Now I have to drink more beer to calm down. LMAO

Jack Out!

lornaschinske
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 06/7/12 1:14 PM
I pick on my Michigan born husband all the time for his "Yankeeisms". He picks on me for what he calls "made up words".  And his family (all Yankees) literally can't understand what my NC mountain born & raised kids say. We have to translate.

Buck & Vi's
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 06/8/12 9:24 AM
we have a pulled pork sandwich as a special maybe every 2 weeks, when we first offerd it I advertised it as pulled pork sandwich not B.B.Q pulled pork(because I didnt smoke it ...okay shastize me ...I....slow cooked it..)..anyways I was asked if it was B.B.Q  I  said define B.B.Q, he said does it have B.B.Q sauce on it..I said yup  sure does! I make about 20-25 lbs. and we sell out everytime  we offer them...go figger

Foodbme
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sat, 06/9/12 4:24 AM
Buck & Vi's

we have a pulled pork sandwich as a special maybe every 2 weeks, when we first offerd it I advertised it as pulled pork sandwich not B.B.Q pulled pork(because I didnt smoke it ...okay shastize me ...I....slow cooked it..)..anyways I was asked if it was B.B.Q  I  said define B.B.Q, he said does it have B.B.Q sauce on it..I said yup  sure does! I make about 20-25 lbs. and we sell out everytime  we offer them...go figger

Do you cook your pork in a crockpot? If so, you can always add a little BBQ Sauce to it so it gets absorbed into the meat.

jimmysmoot
  • Total Posts : 21
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Thu, 06/14/12 11:24 AM
amazing.. can't believe some people

Dr of BBQ
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Fri, 06/15/12 9:46 AM
A Connecticut man knows how he likes his sandwich, and so does the 911 dispatcher who took his call on Wednesday afternoon complaining about how it was made.

“I specifically asked for little turkey, and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise and they are giving me a hard time. I wonder if you can stop by and just  …” he said when he called 911 from Greatful Deli in East Hartford on Wednesday afternoon.

The video is here
http://www.nbcconnecticut...h-Order-159090975.html

Buck & Vi's
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Sun, 06/17/12 10:13 AM
Foodbme

Buck & Vi's

Do you cook your pork in a crockpot? If so, you can always add a little BBQ Sauce to it so it gets absorbed into the meat.

yes i use 2 of them,I have a special concoction that i put on while its cookin then a little liquid smoke at the end,, everyone seems to love em.

Foodbme
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... - Mon, 06/18/12 2:13 AM
Dr of BBQ

A Connecticut man knows how he likes his sandwich, and so does the 911 dispatcher who took his call on Wednesday afternoon complaining about how it was made.
“I specifically asked for little turkey, and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise and they are giving me a hard time. I wonder if you can stop by and just  …” he said when he called 911 from Greatful Deli in East Hartford on Wednesday afternoon.
The video is here
http://www.nbcconnecticut...h-Order-159090975.html

This guy made National News Shows. Saw it on ABC World News - Diane Sawyer reported it!
<message edited by Foodbme on Mon, 06/18/12 2:16 AM>