- Joined: 6/24/2007
- Location: McKinney, TX
Re: Pittsburgh PA to Raleigh-Durham NC.
Mon, 02/27/12 9:41 AM
Assuming your trip will take you by/through WDC:
- Mario's Pizza House, Arlington, VA (subs, pizza squares; try BBQ topping)
- Metro29 Diner, Arlington, VA (great fried shrimp; great breakfast, too)
- Hard Times Cafe, Arlington, VA; Alexandria, VA (chile & O.R.'s)
- Willard's BBQ, Chantilly, VA (many "styles" of BBQ, done well)
- The Quarterdeck, Arlington, VA (crabs 'n suds)
- Tune Inn, WDC (bar food & beer)
- Ben's Chili Bowl, WDC (half-smokes w. chili; breakfast, too)
- Ray's The Steaks, Arlington, VA (steaks at reasonable prices)
- Ray's Hell Burger, Arlington, Va (burgers at high prices)
- Yorkshire Restaurant, Manassas Park, VA (Their "Top Hat" rocks; breakfast, too)
- The oldest still operating Five Guys, King and Beauregard, Alexandria, VA (if you've never yet been to a Five Guys)
- The Atlantis, Alexandria, VA (Greeks doing red-sauce Italian: the best!)
- Crisfield's, Silver Spring, MD (seafood)
- Peking Gourmet Inn, (Bailey's Crossroads area), Falls Church, VA
- OMG: forgot crabcakes: G&M Seafood Restaurant, Linthicum, MD
BTW: From my "list", Metro29 Diner, Tune Inn, and Ben's Chili Bowl have been featured on Cable "foodie" shows: Guy Fieri, Adam Richman, etc.
And Ray's Hell Burger is President Obama's "go to" place when the Food-Cop-in-Chief is out of town. He has also visited Five Guys and Ben's.
And speaking of Presidents, "H.W." and "W" were both loyal patrond of the Peking Gourmet Inn.
<message edited by MetroplexJim on Tue, 02/28/12 6:50 AM>