Weekend trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks, Claudia Sander's Dinner House still open?

Boop333
  • Total Posts : 97
  • Reward points : 0
Weekend trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks, Claudia Sander's Dinner House still open? - Sun, 03/4/12 1:29 PM
I know it's a bit of a drive but we really want to visit there while we're in the area. I have Lynn's Paradise Cafe and Wagners Pharmacy (restaurant) on my list. We will have a 5 year old with us, any other suggestions? I do have the Joe Huber Family Farm and Restaurant on my list, as well.....hoping we have time to go there. 

IndianaPete
  • Total Posts : 24
Re:Weekend trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks, Claudia Sander's Dinner House still op - Sun, 03/4/12 2:27 PM
As far as we know, CSDH is still open.  We've only been once since the fire a few years back. 
EDIT":  well apparently I'm too stupid to put in a link.  There are several references to CS on the internet.   502-633-5600
Several of the very best meals I've ever had have been in Shelbyville at the Science Hill buffet on Sundays.
I'd be remiss not to mention the Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg, but realize it's not really within your itinerary.
<message edited by IndianaPete on Sun, 03/4/12 2:29 PM>

rumaki
  • Total Posts : 967
Re:Weekend trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks, Claudia Sander's Dinner House still op - Mon, 03/5/12 2:45 PM
Although I've never been to Science Hill for its Sunday brunch buffet, I've had numerous weekday/Saturday lunches there and they are just great.  Not sure it's ideal for a small child, though -- it's very much a "ladies who lunch" kind of decor and atmosphere.

Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg is currently experimenting with an "order from the menu" Sunday brunch rather than the buffet.  I'll be going there at the end of March/beginning of April and will report back.

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15059
Re:Weekend trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks, Claudia Sander's Dinner House still op - Mon, 03/5/12 3:04 PM
Claudia Sanders Dinner House is indeed open and doing as good a job as they did when she ran the place. The Sunday buffet gets rather crowded, but weekdays are really mellow, if that fits your schedule.
The Indiana Tornados missed Huber's Family Farm Restaurant by a few miles. They also are open for business as usual.  Same comment about when the business gets crowded... Weekends are busy, Weekdays are much less so.