Looking for creamed chicken sandwich recipe

Junior Burger
2012/03/12 15:06:37
Our local D.Q. used to have a really good creamy pulled chicken sandwich.
They no longer have it on the menu, I can find all kinds of recipes for bbq pulled chicken but cant seem to find one for just a regular creamed chicken sandwich.
Please post recipes if you have one.
Thanks

6star
Filet Mignon
Re:Looking for creamed chicken sandwich recipe 2012/03/12 15:21:33
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Looking for creamed chicken sandwich recipe 2012/03/17 04:02:42
Never heard of such  thing but hey---live & learn!
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Looking for creamed chicken sandwich recipe 2012/03/17 10:08:54
Was it truly creamy, like with cream, or was it more of a gravy?

I am reminded of some years ago, when KFC used to have a chicken/gravy sandwich on a bun.  I'm sure it was just done to use up leftover chicken, but we really liked them.

And we still make them at home...so easy.  Just chop up some chicken into small cubes, stir in some jarred gravy, spoon over a bun.  Simple and filling, and kids love them.

But the original poster mentioned "pulled" chicken.  These sandwiches from KFC were cut in small chunks.

To this day, though, my wife and I disagree about how to do the chicken, I like chunks, she wants it shredded, which seems too gloppy to me.
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Looking for creamed chicken sandwich recipe 2012/03/17 10:09:35
Golly, that's cooked chicken, of course.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:Looking for creamed chicken sandwich recipe 2012/03/17 11:46:25
You can make plain pulled chicken using a slow cooker. If it is bone-in you do not even need liquid. Just remove the skin and add mild spice to it. If using boneless chicken some mild stock or broth.

Then make a cream sauce by wisking butter flour heavy cream milk salt pepper..and flavor from there based on what it may need.

Hmmm...bone-in thighs are good with no liquid. Bone-in breasts might need a little.

post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/03/17 12:19:19